Meghan Markle's Wedding Tiara

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1043003/meghan-markle-harry-news-tiara-wedding-latest

The tiara pictured was purchased by Queen Mary originally from a member of the Romanov family, and later fitted with emeralds. It has been worn by Queen Elizabeth. The tiara looks rather large and grand to me, and it doesn't seem to fit Meghan's aesthetic at all. The elaborateness of it would have taken away from her gorgeous veil.

In any case, the Diamond Bandeau tiara that Meghan wore was connected to Queen Mary as well. And it was perfect for Meghan's dress and her veil, and her aesthetic. DoS Meghan appears to love gold and diamonds when it comes to jewelry, plus she is minimalist in her approach to jewelry, seemingly preferring delicate, elegant peices without having any particular affinity for deeply-colored gems.

The colorful stone Meghan did wear on her wedding day was the aquamarine ring that belonged to Diana PoW, and it's a delicate, elegant aqua color, not something overly colorful and heavy like a tiara dripping in emeralds.

So the below article describes M&H's audio that accompanied their wedding attire exhibit. In the audio, Harry's words imply that Meghan tried on more than one tiara, and the Diamond Bandeau, as Harry confirms, "looked the best... without question."

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...sing-royal-wedding-tiara-queen-marys-bandeau/

The queen would have not shown her a tiara she wasn't willing to let Meghan wear. It was pure drama being drummed up. And that tiara is not remotely like anything Meghan's style we have seen.

I think the whole emerald tiara story was 2 mistakes. One wrong bride and 2 wrong emerald tiara. There was a royal bride last year who wore an emerald tiara. Think the wires got crossed here.

The story was likely about Eugenie and the emerald tiara she chose. Since the tiara had never been seen, there was confusion over what tiara was spoken of. Just like there was confusion over which diamond bandeau Meghan wore, as Mary had more then one diamond bandeau tiara.

The fact Meghan didn't end up in an emerald tiara led people to believe the story meant she was denied the right to wear it. When in fact, she never intended or asked to wear it. Eugenie did.

Perhaps I am wrong, but it seems likely.

That's what I think too Countessmeout ....the Emerald tiara was nothing like Meghan gravitates toward..it would not of gone with her dress either. The media AGAIN...

LaRae

Last edited:
:previous: I would have to agree. There is no way that any tiaras that were worn by HM would have been shown to Meghan and as soon as I heard these "experts" saying the reason she could not wear it was because of a suspect provenance involving Russia I knew it was rubbish. A nasty little story to make Meghan look greedy.

There is no way that there are jewels that are of suspect provenance in the legendary vaults with the rest of the jewellery if such an item existed. The Grand Duchess Vladimir has had a long and illustrious history perched atop HM's head in each of its three incarnations, circles, drop pearls and drop emeralds with not a whiff of a question as to its provenance.

As to Eugenie's choice, I am sure that she secured that with Granny as soon as her engagement was announced, if not before. Her entire wedding "look" seems to have been one that she dreamed of and, since it was with Great Granny for so many years, I bet she saw it when it came to Granny. I also doubt it was displayed for Meghan to choose from.

I just can’t with this whole tiara story. There are so many different versions of it that it screams no one really knows jack at this point. The original story started out as digging into one line from Jobson’s book about Harry saying what Meghan wants, Meghan get, and then it was repeated so many times that some just think of it as true by sheer repetition. Jobson himself has admitted that while he wrote that one line supposedly said about Harry, he has no knowledge of the tiara story.

That's what I think too Countessmeout ....the Emerald tiara was nothing like Meghan gravitates toward..it would not of gone with her dress either. The media AGAIN...

:previous: Of course, just as I indicated. The first link I posted is from last November when this made-up story was making the rounds. There may have been a bit of drama surrounding Meghan's wedding tiara selection, but I doubt anything at all like the stories that were fabricated on the basis of false hearsay.

I think the tiara that Queen Mary purchased from the Romanov royal is interesting, as is the fact that Queen Mary is the one who had the emeralds attached after she purchased and refurbished the tiara. Also, interesting is that Meghan ultimately wore a beautiful tiara connected to Queen Mary -- the Diamond Bandeau:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday (on a Tuesday): Queen Mary’s Diamond Bandeau Tiara

And on her wedding day, DoC Kate wore a tiara connected to the Queen Mother.

Last edited:
:previous: Of course, just as I indicated. The first link I posted is from last November when this made-up story was making the rounds. There may have been a bit of drama surrounding Meghan's wedding tiara selection, but I doubt anything at all like the stories that were fabricated on the basis of false hearsay.

I think the tiara that Queen Mary purchased from the Romanov royal is interesting, as is the fact that Queen Mary is the one who had the emeralds attached after she purchased and refurbished the tiara. Also, interesting is that Meghan ultimately wore a beautiful tiara connected to Queen Mary -- the Diamond Bandeau:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday (on a Tuesday): Queen Mary’s Diamond Bandeau Tiara

And on her wedding day, DoC Kate wore a tiara connected to the Queen Mother.

I don't think there was any drama at all about her wedding tiara selection.

LaRae

I just can’t with this whole tiara story. There are so many different versions of it that it screams no one really knows jack at this point. The original story started out as digging into one line from Jobson’s book about Harry saying what Meghan wants, Meghan get, and then it was repeated so many times that some just think of it as true by sheer repetition. Jobson himself has admitted that while he wrote that one line supposedly said about Harry, he has no knowledge of the tiara story.

Oh yes. I suspect that the supposedly overheard words by Harry that Jobson reported, are not at all connected to Meghan's tiara selection.

But indeed, there are so many stories that circulate, most of which are made up, that we will likely never find out the actual behind-the-scenes truths. Maybe years in the future, a substantial, authoritative biographer can tell us more that has depth and real interest about H&M's love story and the incidents leading up to their remarkable wedding day. ?

I don't think there was any drama at all about her wedding tiara selection.

I don't mean anything scandalous or tension-related. Just excitement and the stress and butterflies associated with planning a royal wedding. We are just not privy and likely never will be to all of the details. Understandably and unsurprisingly, the royals only tell us what they want us to know. For example, there's obviously a lot more to H&M's love story that they are rightly keeping to themselves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom