The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-27-2018, 09:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Whatever it is called, that was a nice piece of sparkler that's for sure.

Old 06-02-2018, 05:47 AM
Majesty

I still keep reading that Princess Margaret was the last to wear It! They keep writing that there is one diamond Bandeau that has an interchangeable sapphire instead of two separate tiaras. The Diamond Filigree Bandeau and a Diamond and Sapphire Bandeau. I think the shape fools them when we wouldn't be.

Old 06-02-2018, 06:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
When thinking of the tiara that Meghan wore for her wedding, the more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to think that the one she chose to wear wasn't so much as to make a statement that she was a royal bride but rather that wearing a tiara was something that was expected as a royal bride.

In other words, she followed a tradition (regardless of the provenance and the historical meaning of said tiara) of wearing one but rather than being a masterpiece of proclaiming to the world that what she was doing was becoming royalty, it all blended into an overall look that precisely stated who she was, where she was going and not only her acceptance and willingness of the life she is giving herself to with marrying Harry but it also was done to the point that it was only part of the overall look.

I still think that the overall picture of the person that walked towards Harry at that wedding was one of humility.

Just thoughts.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 06-02-2018, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I still keep reading that Princess Margaret was the last to wear It! They keep writing that there is one diamond Bandeau that has an interchangeable sapphire instead of two separate tiaras. The Diamond Filigree Bandeau and a Diamond and Sapphire Bandeau. I think the shape fools them when we wouldn't be.
I quite agree. They are definitely two different tiaras, but one would have to take the trouble to look closely at the pictures of Princess Margret with the sapphire bandeau. The pattern in the bandeau is clearly different from the pattern in the Surrey brooch bandeau that Meghan has worn.

Old 06-03-2018, 04:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
When thinking of the tiara that Meghan wore for her wedding, the more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to think that the one she chose to wear wasn't so much as to make a statement that she was a royal bride but rather that wearing a tiara was something that was expected as a royal bride.

In other words, she followed a tradition (regardless of the provenance and the historical meaning of said tiara) of wearing one but rather than being a masterpiece of proclaiming to the world that what she was doing was becoming royalty, it all blended into an overall look that precisely stated who she was, where she was going and not only her acceptance and willingness of the life she is giving herself to with marrying Harry but it also was done to the point that it was only part of the overall look.

I still think that the overall picture of the person that walked towards Harry at that wedding was one of humility...
The Diamond (Filigree) Bandeau tiara (of Queen Mary's) that Meghan wore on her wedding day was perfect for her. The tiara and the veil were absolutely stunning and definitely enhanced and complemented the dress she chose to wear.

Regarding interest around Meghan wearing this or another tiara again anytime soon, here's a direct quote from the earlier linked article on the website, The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendour:

"Some have asked if Queen Mary’s Diamond Bandeau Tiara will be a lifetime loan to the Duchess, a question that can only be answered by waiting to see if she continues to wear it. (Many brides do end up using their wedding tiara regularly; the Duchess of Cambridge is a prime example of those who don’t.) We could be in for a bit of a wait for Meghan's next tiara opportunity, given that Prince Harry is not a regular attendee at state banquets (his first was in 2017) and he has not attended the annual Diplomatic Reception. It took two and a half years to see the Duchess of Cambridge in a tiara again after her wedding. Until then, we’ll just have to delight in a sparkly mystery solved once and for all!"
Old 06-03-2018, 05:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
A couple of main media mixed up the Sapphire one and Meghan's since the wedding, so many people (especially these who don't follow royal news/jewels) misunderstood that Meghan wore the Sapphire bandeau with another diamond centre piece. (and probably "Meghan Markle wearing Princess Margaret's tiara" is more eye catching than "Meghan Markle wearing Queen Mary's tiara").

I don't think Sussexes will attend Diplomatic Reception? so her next tiara opportunity probably depends on will they attend next state visit's banquet.
Old 06-05-2018, 05:57 AM
Majesty

HM obviously has her own plans for the latest married couple and perhaps we will see some very nice sparkly bits (preferably the Diamond Filigree Bandeau) sooner than we expect.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Several off topic posts have been deleted.

The subject of this thread is the wedding thread...not royal engagements.

Old 10-26-2018, 08:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Meghan recalls the ‘surreal’ day the Queen helped her pick out her wedding tiara at Buckingham Palace – and describes her stunning 1930s choice as ‘perfect’ and ‘timeless’
  • Duchess of Sussex, 37, wore the Queen Mary Diamond Bandeau at her wedding
  • She spoke about picking the tiara in a special recording for new exhibition
  • Meghan revealed Harry accompanied her to Buckingham Palace to choose tiara
By Emily Chan For Mailonline
Published: 06:59 EDT, 26 October 2018 | Updated: 07:27 EDT, 26 October 2018

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...am-Palace.html
Old 10-26-2018, 09:24 AM
Heir Apparent

I guess Harry wasn't kidding when he said it's a lot of work for the groom too.

But very happy to see the dress on display. I won't be able to make it at Windsor, but I'll be travelling to Europe next year and will definitely spend a little time in Scotland now.
Old 10-28-2018, 12:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

I wonder what her other tiara option were.
Old 10-28-2018, 10:27 PM
Majesty

I think the display looks wonderful and even her shoes are seen. One thing that tickled me though was seeing a clip of HM and Catherine checking out the display of her wedding gown, veil and tiara. The Queen exclaimed quite loudly "oh no that looks awful" and needless to say they didn't hear the rest of the sentence.

She thought the tiara and veil suspended over the headless mannequin looked creepy. I noticed that Meghan's mannequin was definitely not headless, faceless, yes, but not headless.

(Now I keep seeing those faceless men from Dr Who!!!!)
Old 10-28-2018, 10:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I wonder what her other tiara option were.
Now, I'm curious too. How deep is that vault?!?!
Old 10-29-2018, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Now, I'm curious too. How deep is that vault?!?!
we are 2 now! how deep and to see what is inside !!! I would love that!
Old 10-29-2018, 04:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

There are pages out there dedicated to talking about royal jewelry...here's one for tiaras

http://www.thetudorswiki.com/page/Mo...h+Royal+Tiaras

LaRae
Old 10-29-2018, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

What I will say is that it saddens me they are away when this exhibit opened. I would've liked to see it get a royal visit and get proper attention. But the coverage is just spread so thin now.
Old 10-30-2018, 04:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
What I will say is that it saddens me they are away when this exhibit opened. I would've liked to see it get a royal visit and get proper attention. But the coverage is just spread so thin now.
Is your point that the coverage of the exhibition is not extensive?
Old 10-30-2018, 04:26 AM
Royal Highness

I read @jacqui's comment to mean royal coverage is spread so thin recently because so very much is happening with the British royals these days, especially in this busy exciting year for the family with welcoming new arrivals (babies, marriages, etc.,) along with the growth of The Royal Foundation initiatives, and the younger royals taking over more and more duties on behalf of QEII.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
It's always difficult to know the accuracy of articles in the press, but the article in the link below reports that Meghan initially wanted to wear an emerald tiara in the Queen's collection but wasn't allowed to due to it's unknown provenance, possibly originally from Russia. Another tiara to add to the list of those in the Queen's collection!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...ult-behaviour/

Don't think the article is true. The Queen wears other pieces which originate from Russia like the Vladimir tiara frequently so i don't see this as a Problem.

Old 11-09-2018, 04:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Utterly uncorroborated nonsense from Jobson...

And as other's have pointed out, 'me-me-me' tantrums are wholly uncharacteristic of what we KNOW of Harry, and have seen of his Bride, who has fitted in well, and would hardly have 'rocked her [NEW] boat' over such trivialities...

Tags
meghan markle, prince harry, prince harry of wales, tiara, wedding