The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara will Meghan Markle wear on her wedding day?
Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara 4 3.45%
Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 5 4.31%
Papyrus Tiara 10 8.62%
Queen Mary's Filigree Bandeau 5 4.31%
Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara 2 1.72%
Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara 6 5.17%
Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau 22 18.97%
Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau 0 0%
Strathmore Rose Tiara 18 15.52%
Teck Crescent Tiara 9 7.76%
Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify 3 2.59%
Tiara created from other royal jewels (e.g. a converted necklace), please specify 6 5.17%
Antique tiara acquired for her 5 4.31%
New tiara created for her 12 10.34%
No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.) 9 7.76%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2017, 01:37 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
I voted other, and I'd like to see her wear the Queen Mother's bracelet bandeau with the rubies as the middle strand.

Reader Mailbag: The Queen Mother's Bandeau | The Court Jeweller

Close view of three bracelets in the bandeau frame:
Photobucket

ETA: I really hope they *don't* choose the teck crescent, unless it's broken up and used to create a new tiara for Meghan. I personally think it's not at all attractive.

With that said, I also agree that the Teck Circle tiara is gorgeous.
Voted Teck Crescent tiara, but I would prefer Teck Circle tiara rather than any other tiaras (including the Crescent) if it is still in the main line.

The bracelet bandeau is a nice choice too! I think its simple and elegant style fits Meghan. It would be a nice gift right? A convertible piece for the new member of the royal family.

Old 12-02-2017, 02:00 AM
Majesty

I must say I am in love with the bandeau. Posibly because its not the traditional tiara. More like a jeweled headdress in ways.

If she did wear it, she definitely needs a vintage feel wedding dress. That screams downton abbey feel to me.

Old 12-02-2017, 02:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I am finding it hard to vote on a tiara since the tiara's style will have everything to do with the gown. If the gown is simple, I could see her wearing a more complicated tiara (style-wise) but I don't think she will do that in any case.

I think Meghan will choose a very understated tiara, if she chooses a tiara at all. It's possible she will decline, or choose some manner/kind of hair jewel.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:16 AM
Majesty

I don't see her breaking the tiara tradition. Even non-royal brides into the family, like Autumn, wore a tiara on her wedding. Love to see her explore jewels in her hair for fancy events later but doubt will see at the wedding.

I think it simply a matter of a simpler tiara vs somewhat bigger one. This is her introduction into royal life, and a tiara is part.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:00 AM
Courtier

She isn' t allowed to surpass Kate' s Wedding tiara so this means the same Kate wore or a smaller one if they have one IMO
Old 12-02-2017, 03:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
She isn' t allowed to surpass Kate' s Wedding tiara so this means the same Kate wore or a smaller one if they have one IMO
There is no rule about 'not surpassing Kate'

Kate was given a choice of tiaras and chose a smaller one, it suited her. Kate also has been given a number of tiaras to wear since her wedding day. If Meghan is like Sophie or Sarah, she will likely have to wear this one tiara for some time to come. To assume she would be given some teeny tiara so Kate isn't jealous..... Different brides, different weddings.

No one is going to upstage the future queen. If they were really worried about that, they would have insisted Kate wear a bigger tiara on her wedding. Zara wore a bigger tiara on her wedding day and she doesn't have a title.

The only comparison will be at future tiara events when they are both in comparison. And with Kate in the Cambridge lovers knott, not much fear Meghan will have bigger then her. The lovers knott is substantial.

No way Meghan will wear the halo. The last thing they need to do is draw even more comparisons between the two.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:13 AM
Courtier

She might wish to Not wear a tiara at all
I remember Astrid Belgium not wearing one when marrying Lorenz Austria (Photo available?)
Old 12-02-2017, 03:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I remember Astrid Belgium not wearing one when marrying Lorenz Austria (Photo available?)
I think that may be a real possibility, though a hair jewel would be a nice compromise. JMO.

The tiaras can come later, for the dressy events.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Different royal families, different situations all together. Even among the private members of the BRF, like Zara and Autumn, they wore tiaras.

Quote:
I think that may be a real possibility, though a hair jewel would be a nice compromise. JMO.

The tiaras can come later, for the dressy events.
Honestly I don't think the royals are as dumb to public opinion as some people make them out to be.

The obvious message that some people will take, if Meghan doesn't wear a tiara, is she wasn't allowed. How many people clung to the 'they cant get married in a church' or all the other ridiculous stories. Or question if the queen approves at all, and comparison to Wallis. There will be tons of 'the queen doesn't approve, she was forced to say yes' and 'she refuses to allow mixed race bride to wear a tiara'.

The wedding is the royal introduction, the big welcome to the family. A tiara is the centerpiece of that, it symbolizes that. I doubt there isn't a tiara that Meghan and the royals can settle on that suits her.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
Voted Teck Crescent tiara, but I would prefer Teck Circle tiara rather than any other tiaras (including the Crescent) if it is still in the main line.

The bracelet bandeau is a nice choice too! I think its simple and elegant style fits Meghan. It would be a nice gift right? A convertible piece for the new member of the royal family.
Has the Teck Circle thingee ever been worn as a tiara? I see it referenced but don't think I've seen it as a tiara other than as a photoshopped image. I gotta say that if the tiara version lives up to the photoshopped image, it will be a very nice tiara.

By the way if the tiara photoshopper from OOS lurks on this board, I would like to put in an order for Meghan in Teck Circle, the Diamond Lozenge Bandeau, the Cartier Bracelet and the Spencer Tiara.

I also like the idea of hair jewels.

ETA:
Update/correction, the Queen Mother wore the Teck Circle as a tiara, and I have been to this blog post before, so it slipped my mind that the Queen Mother wore the necklace as a Tiara.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:42 AM
Majesty

An option: The Girls of Great-Britain and Ireland in original state.

That means: pearls topping it. Diamonds and pearls are unbeatable at any wedding
Old 12-02-2017, 10:00 AM
Majesty

IIRC the Teck Circle is owned by Princess Margaret's son, The Earl of Snowden.

LaRae
Old 12-02-2017, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen will never surrender The Girls tiara, so no point talking about it.
That is the last one she would give up.
It is more likely Meghan would wear the Spencer tiara, and I can think of no option less likely than that.
Except the Girls.

I still think it would be best for Meghan to be gifted one to hand down.
The tiara that will be auctioned at Sotheby's this month would be perfect, imo.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post

That means: pearls topping it. Diamonds and pearls are unbeatable at any wedding
Will QEII's cold, dead hand still be attached?
Old 12-02-2017, 12:11 PM
Nobility

Was a tiara made for Sophie when she married Prince Edward ? Which we could call the Wessex tiara.
He was a third son , so there is no reason why the Queen might not do the same for Meghan, which would then become the ????? tiara .
Old 12-02-2017, 12:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post

Apart from it being HM's most used tiara, there is the small matter of the pearls. Those pearls are now hanging upside down from the Lovers Knot tiara.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:33 PM
Majesty

Heck if Meghan really wants to own one she can or Harry can commission one made or buy one from one of the auction houses.

LaRae
Old 12-02-2017, 01:45 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
Has the Teck Circle thingee ever been worn as a tiara? I see it referenced but don't think I've seen it as a tiara other than as a photoshopped image. I gotta say that if the tiara version lives up to the photoshopped image, it will be a very nice tiara.

By the way if the tiara photoshopper from OOS lurks on this board, I would like to put in an order for Meghan in Teck Circle, the Diamond Lozenge Bandeau, the Cartier Bracelet and the Spencer Tiara.
Not a professional photoshopper but I just try

Diamond Lozenge: https://imgur.com/a/KKOmU

Not sure how should I place it so I tried two vers. (btw I think of Mette-Marit's wedding tiara)

Teck Circle: https://imgur.com/a/3pqbT

Reference to Queen Mother's style (more like a halo) (originally what I expect is more like a circlet, but I find it's too difficult to photoshop so I give up, maybe next time)

btw: Meghan you better develop your tiara hair quickly, so difficult to find a suitable look
Old 12-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Royal Highness

^ Well done, you ! ^
Old 12-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
Not a professional photoshopper but I just try

Diamond Lozenge: https://imgur.com/a/KKOmU

Not sure how should I place it so I tried two vers. (btw I think of Mette-Marit's wedding tiara)

Teck Circle: https://imgur.com/a/3pqbT

Reference to Queen Mother's style (more like a halo) (originally what I expect is more like a circlet, but I find it's too difficult to photoshop so I give up, maybe next time)

btw: Meghan you better develop your tiara hair quickly, so difficult to find a suitable look
Good job! I like both on her but again, we have no idea if these tiaras are still available. I thought the circle tiara is on permenant loan. The lozenge hasn’t been seen in years.