The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara will Meghan Markle wear on her wedding day?
Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara 4 3.45%
Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 5 4.31%
Papyrus Tiara 10 8.62%
Queen Mary's Filigree Bandeau 5 4.31%
Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara 2 1.72%
Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara 6 5.17%
Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau 22 18.97%
Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau 0 0%
Strathmore Rose Tiara 18 15.52%
Teck Crescent Tiara 9 7.76%
Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify 3 2.59%
Tiara created from other royal jewels (e.g. a converted necklace), please specify 6 5.17%
Antique tiara acquired for her 5 4.31%
New tiara created for her 12 10.34%
No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.) 9 7.76%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2017, 06:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

What is Meghan's favorite flower? I inquire because if an entirely new tiara is made, this flower could be included in the design.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Charles should visit the Kent's and bring on the big wallet
Personally I'd rather he visit the Snowden's and secure the Teck Circle [IF it's not already been returned to the Vault]. It's geometric modernity would be perfection on Ms Markle.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
What is Meghan's favorite flower? I inquire because if an entirely new tiara is made, this flower could be included in the design.
She seems to be a big fan of peonies.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Personally I'd rather he visit the Snowden's and secure the Teck Circle [IF it's not already been returned to the Vault]. It's geometric modernity would be perfection on Ms Markle.
If thatís a vote, Iíll second it!

So wyevale, if we could only get into the vaults and sit on the floor and spread out the treasures, oh my...,
Old 11-30-2017, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tihkon2 View Post
Isn't there speculation that the base of this tiara might be made from the long unseen "Lozenge" tiara or the other small band tiara of Queen Mary?
The Kent pearl tiara was made from yet another of Queen Mary's diamond bandeau. There were so many, it's quite easy to get lost with them. The bandeau that went to the Kents often is nicknamed the 'crotched tiara', or something like that. But it's not the same as the lozenge tiara.

Old 11-30-2017, 06:43 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks Tilla C!
Old 12-01-2017, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
She seems to be a big fan of peonies.
I came across these Peony floral earrings. If this style could be designed into a new tiara: Magnificence!
Old 12-01-2017, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree, CyrilVladisla.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
I came across these Peony floral earrings. If this style could be designed into a new tiara: Magnificence!
Old 12-01-2017, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland or the Queen Mary's Fringe tiaras would look nice on Meghan. I don't think she would wear the Cartier Halo tiara simply because the wedding is too soon after Catherine's for comparisons not to be made.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-01-2017, 05:45 PM
Nobility

I think the Papyrus Tiara, QM's Lozenge Bandeau, and the Teck Crescent Tiara would all look lovely on Meghan, but of course, any selection would depend on her dress, veil, and hair styling choices.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I think the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland or the Queen Mary's Fringe tiaras would look nice on Meghan. I don't think she would wear the Cartier Halo tiara simply because the wedding is too soon after Catherine's for comparisons not to be made.
Yes, but those are the Queens favorite tiaras and you will not see her lending them to Meghan or anyone else while she is living. The only time she has lent the Fringe tiara was to her daughter when she got married. The Girls of Great Britain Tiara has adorned her head for decades and is the one most associated with her. Do you really think she would lend such important tiara to someone she barely knows?

Meghan will be allowed to borrow a tiara that isnít currently being loaned on a regular basis. Since Kateís tiara was not designed for her I really doubt the Queen or Charles will design one for Meghan.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:20 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Meghan Markle: Wedding Tiara and Jewelry Suggestions and Musings

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Yes, but those are the Queens favorite tiaras and you will not see her lending them to Meghan or anyone else while she is living. The only time she has lent the Fringe tiara was to her daughter when she got married. The Girls of Great Britain Tiara has adorned her head for decades and is the one most associated with her. Do you really think she would lend such important tiara to someone she barely knows?

Meghan will be allowed to borrow a tiara that isnít currently being loaned on a regular basis. Since Kateís tiara was not designed for her I really doubt the Queen or Charles will design one for Meghan.

As it happens I did bare that in mind. I am aware that HM favours the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland and the Fringe. I was merely choosing the tiaras I liked best from the polls. I am aware of the background behind the tiaras, actually. I was simply contributing to the thread. I apologise if I sound a little cranky, I just thought your tone was rather patronising for a simple comment. I respect your opinion though.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
As it happens I did bare that in mind. I am aware that HM favours the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland and the Fringe. I was merely choosing the tiaras I liked best from the polls. I am aware of the background behind the tiaras, actually. I was simply contributing to the thread. I apologise if I sound a little cranky, I just thought your tone was rather patronising for a simple comment. I respect your opinion though.
I apologize if my tone was patronizing. I wasnít aware from you original post that you were aware of the importance of those particular tiaras. They are beautiful and you are right that they would certainly look lovely on Meghan, but I think those tiaras will be reserved for the future Queen Consorts.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I apologize if my tone was patronizing. I wasnít aware from you original post that you were aware of the importance of those particular tiaras. They are beautiful and you are right that they would certainly look lovely on Meghan, but I think those tiaras will be reserved for the future Queen Consorts.

ĎTis all good, I appreciate your apology. Yes, I do agree that I didnít make myself clear on the front that I was already aware of HMís liking of the two tiaras - itís more a mistake on my part. Iím glad we were able to talk things through civilly.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
ĎTis all good, I appreciate your apology. Yes, I do agree that I didnít make myself clear on the front that I was already aware of HMís liking of the two tiaras - itís more a mistake on my part. Iím glad we were able to talk things through civilly.
Thanks Princess!! You are very gracious, I am home with bronchitis on top of an upper respiratory infection so am a little cranky. I think I need to read again before hitting that post button in tThe future.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:40 PM
Nobility

I voted other, and I'd like to see her wear the Queen Mother's bracelet bandeau with the rubies as the middle strand.

Reader Mailbag: The Queen Mother's Bandeau | The Court Jeweller

Close view of three bracelets in the bandeau frame:
Photobucket

ETA: I really hope they *don't* choose the teck crescent, unless it's broken up and used to create a new tiara for Meghan. I personally think it's not at all attractive.

With that said, I also agree that the Teck Circle tiara is gorgeous.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
I voted other, and I'd like to see her wear the Queen Mother's bracelet bandeau with the rubies as the middle strand.

Reader Mailbag: The Queen Mother's Bandeau | The Court Jeweller

Close view of three bracelets in the bandeau frame:
Photobucket

ETA: I really hope they *don't* choose the teck crescent, unless it's broken up and used to create a new tiara for Meghan. I personally think it's not at all attractive.

With that said, I also agree that the Teck Circle tiara is gorgeous.
Is that bandeau still available? I know that the crescent isnít everyoneís taste but once you start eliminating those that we know are still intact but otherwise already loaned out or not available for loan, that leaves very few appropriate choices for a wedding tiara and possibly one she will have use of in future. That leaves the Strathmore and Crescent. I know the Strathmore is popular as a choice, but personally I just donít see that as Meganís style. The Crescent is more of sophisticated and substantial for future use. Jmo
Old 12-01-2017, 09:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Is that bandeau still available? I know that the crescent isnít everyoneís taste but once you start eliminating those that we know are still intact but otherwise already loaned out or not available for loan, that leaves very few appropriate choices for a wedding tiara and possibly one she will have use of in future. That leaves the Strathmore and Crescent. I know the Strathmore is popular as a choice, but personally I just donít see that as Meganís style. The Crescent is more of sophisticated and substantial for future use. Jmo
From The Court Jeweller:

Quote:
The bracelets are still around today and are in the collection of the Queen. She wears them occasionally, but to my knowledge, the Queen Mum is the only member of the family who has worn the bandeau in public. You can see a very clear image of all five of them in one of my favorite royal books of last year, Angela Kelly's Dressing the Queen.
It's possible that the frame doesn't exist, but the bracelets do.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:12 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Meghan will be allowed to borrow a tiara that isn’t currently being loaned on a regular basis. Since Kate’s tiara was not designed for her I really doubt the Queen or Charles will design one for Meghan.
I don't think that because a tiara wasn't designed for Kate would have any kind of impact on one being designed for Meghan. The main reason being is that when Kate married, she married a man that will one day be King and she will have every tiara and piece of jewelry in the royal vaults at her disposal. She wouldn't need one designed for her.

Meghan will not have that. One designed especially for Meghan would be one that could stay in Harry and Meghan's family line down through the generations as they eventually move away from being as close to the monarch as they are now.

Its interesting to think about but one day we most likely will see The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland on Kate's head.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:48 AM
Nobility

I am firmly in the Team Strathmore Rose camp. I think it's a lovely tiara, it's got a touch of personal history, and it's not currently being used by any other family members. If I had to pick something else, I'd go Queen Mary's Fringe since the Queen doesn't seem to wear it much and it does have a history as a bridal tiara. But I think it might be a bit too big as a starter tiara, where the Strathmore Rose is the perfect size for a beginner.