The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara will Meghan Markle wear on her wedding day?
Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara 4 3.45%
Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 5 4.31%
Papyrus Tiara 10 8.62%
Queen Mary's Filigree Bandeau 5 4.31%
Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara 2 1.72%
Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara 6 5.17%
Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau 22 18.97%
Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau 0 0%
Strathmore Rose Tiara 18 15.52%
Teck Crescent Tiara 9 7.76%
Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify 3 2.59%
Tiara created from other royal jewels (e.g. a converted necklace), please specify 6 5.17%
Antique tiara acquired for her 5 4.31%
New tiara created for her 12 10.34%
No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.) 9 7.76%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2017, 02:20 PM
Majesty

Duc ..Diana had a very wealthy husband (not to mention she had her own money) at any time they could of bought a tiara for her to personally own if she wanted one.

The same applies to any of the BRF husbands/wives. Any of those couples can afford to purchase or create a tiara.

However none of them, not even the Queen have that many tiara events now days. All of women have access to the BRF tiaras if they want to use one.

LaRae

Old 11-29-2017, 03:29 PM
Courtier

I think a few tiaras can be automatically eliminated.

Scroll Tiara: Kate wore that on her wedding day. Two back to back royal brides in the same tiara? Absolutely not.

Girls of Great Britain Tiara: That is the Queens tiara and she wears it almost exclusively. You won’t see it on anyone else while she is alive and more than likely for quite some after she passes.

Fringe Tiara: Another favorite of the Queen’s that she used to wear often. I don’t see her lending this one for a grandson’s wedding.

Papyrus Tiara and Cambridge lovers knot. Both were worn by Kate at state dinners. Not to say Meghan wouldn’t have use of these tiaras in the future, but I don’t see her wearing either for the wedding when so much was made out of Kate wearing them.

Strathmore....not sure why so many like this tiara. It seems quite girlish to me, but to each their own, It doesn’t fit Meghan’s personality or style IMO.

My personal favorites that to me that I could see Meghan wearing are:

The lozenge bandeau tiara. Contemporary and elegant.
The Filagree bandeau tiara. Dainty and elegant. Perfect for a Wedding.

Old 11-29-2017, 03:38 PM
Majesty

There's only 3 that are really options on the poll (discussion about this a few pages back).

The moderator added the others on the poll since they had been mentioned so often in the prior thread about Harry's wife tiara's etc.

LaRae
Old 11-29-2017, 03:49 PM
Majesty

If she goes for a design like this, I think that Queen Mary's Lozenge Tiara would be perfect. (It's also the one I voted for above. ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn View Post
It was a simple slip dress accessorized with some sparkling hair clips once owned by Jacqueline Kennedy. Based on this, I'm gathering she'll go very sleek, figure conscious (thought not as bare as CBK's) simple, elegant lines.....So a tiara--and I hope she wears one for the wedding--would need to also have simple lines, perhaps be on the daintier side?
Old 11-29-2017, 04:22 PM
Majesty

I think there's a couple of them that would go with almost any style of dress/wedding.

The Teck
The Lozenge
The Filigree Bandeau

Unfortuantely not sure the Filigree or the Lozenge are even still intact.

Maybe we will all be in for a super surprise in May and see her wearing one not seen in decades!!!

LaRae
Old 11-29-2017, 05:12 PM
Majesty

The Teck Crescent Diadem (it seems to be in Camilla's jewelry cassettes) would be fabulous. Camilla will have the first choice in all major jewels once Charles is King. She has not worn the Teck so far. If she has no intention to wear it, maybe she can loan it to her future daughter-in-law. It is a spectacular piece of craftmanship.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The Teck Crescent Diadem (it seems to be in Camilla's jewelry cassettes) would be fabulous. Camilla will have the first choice in all major jewels once Charles is King. She has not worn the Teck so far. If she has no intention to wear it, maybe she can loan it to her future daughter-in-law. It is a spectacular piece of craftmanship.
I agree Duc. I still favor the lozenge bandeau tiara, but the last time it was seen in public was 1948 when Princess Margaret wore it at an official visit to the Netherlands. If it’s still in existence, surly it would have been seen by now. Of the tiaras we do know exist, The Teck Crescent is the only one that hasn’t been associated with any of the current royal ladies and may be the best option for the wife of Prince Harry.

Kate as a the future Princess of Wales (if King Charles chooses to bestow that title on William) has two lovely tiaras she appears to have been loaned for her exclusive use, The Cambridge Lover’s Knott and the Lotus Flower. As future Queen Consort she will have access to more serious tiaras down the road and will also have much more need of them. Unless the RF plan on requiring Prince Harry and Meghan to attend state dinners and Royal Weddings in other countries, I can’t see Meghan having need of more than one tiara until Charles becomes King I can see the Teck Crescent Tiara being loaned for Meghan’s exclusive use unless she is gifted a tiara custom made for her.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:11 AM
Royal Highness

I voted Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara
or
Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara
Old 11-30-2017, 06:16 AM
Majesty

The Teck Crescent - imagine it paired with a veil... fabulous (picture). Strange that Camilla has not worn it yet. Anyway, it would be a spectacular diadem for Ms Markle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
or
The first one would be spectacular, especially in original state, but it is Queen Elizabeth's most worn diadem, it is depicted on bank notes, post stamps and coins, it is so associated to the Queen that I would be surprised to see Ms Markle with it.

Picture of The Girls of Great Britain & Ireland in original state (what a beauty!)

Picture of The Girls of Great Britain & Ireland in current state (hmmm... that base has taken away the feminine playfullness, the airy and flowing optic it had in the original design).
Old 11-30-2017, 06:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The Teck Crescent - imagine it paired with a veil... fabulous (picture). Strange that Camilla has not worn it yet. Anyway, it would be a spectacular diadem for Ms Markle.
It doesn't look like it's base is flexible so it might be an uncomfortable wear if it doesn't fit the shape of your head? When looking at pictures of it worn by Mary Adelaide of Teck, Margaret of Cambridge they seem to have it in their hair instead tof on their head. The Queen Mother, who did not have an Victorian/Edwardian bouffant to fasten it in, only wore it once.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
or
I’m afraid the Girls of Great Britain Tiara will not be an option for Meghan. In fact I am surprised it was included in the poll. That is exclusively the Queen’s tiara. You won’t see that loaned out during her lifetime and when she passes I am sure it will be quite some time before we will see it again.

Queen Mary’s Fringe tiara is also a favorite of the Queen and was worn on her own wedding day. It has only been loaned to her daughter, The Princess Royal when she married and hasn’t been loaned since. I dont see her lending such a iconic tiara to Meghan whom she barely knows. Do you? I do see Princess Charlotte wearing it eventually as the daughter of the King. It would be lovely if she were to wearing it on her wedding day to pay homage to her Great Grandmother.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:28 AM

I voted for Teck Crescent Tiara which is lovely.

Camilla owns it but I don´t think she is going to use it considering the fact that she has to big ones, family tiara and access to more royal tiaras after she will be Queen Consort. also Kate is going to be queen one day with lot of tiara option in the future and is using Lovers Knot now so she doesn´t need Teck Tiara.

If not Teck Crescent, I think we will see something new, either new purchase or something remodeled. Strathmore is delicate and beautiful and can fits Meghan who seems does´t like big pieces of jewelry. But if rumors about bad condition are true we won´t see it sadly.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:01 AM
Gentry

I think Camila won't mind to loan Meghan the Teck Crescent tiara. Even though it is at her disposal she never wear it, probably she finds it doesn't suit her. The Lozenge bandeau is a good choice too, it suits her style, I hope it's still in British vault. I still don't think she will wear a newly-made/purchased tiara, she may get one in future but not for wedding.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:16 AM
Courtier

Would like Meghan to wear the Spencer tiara :-)
Old 11-30-2017, 11:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Luna View Post
Would like Meghan to wear the Spencer tiara :-)
I understand the sentimentality behind it, but purely based on design, craftmanship, quality of stones and carat power it is what it is: a one-in-a-dozen diadem. That Lady Diana Spencer wore her own family's heirloom is quite understable (too bad the major diadem of the Spencers was not chosen, despite it's questionable design) but Ms Markle will not marry into the Spencer family. She will marry into the royal family.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:15 PM
Nobility

If they go for something new or reworked that is Meghan's to pass down, it seems to me that a convertible option would make the most sense, since future generations would have less need of tiaras.

If that's the direction they go, I'd love to see something along the lines of a diamond riviere necklace fitted onto a frame into like the one Maxima wears. Something tells me there are diamond necklaces from Queen Mary still knocking around in the vaults. Alternately, they could follow the lead of the Queen Mother's Cartier bracelet bandeau and have a set of bracelets that work together on a frame as a smaller tiara. Either way, the result would be have relatively clean lines, which I think would suit Meghan well.

I think the main reason I can't picture the Strathmore or Teck on her is that they both seem too complicated for her sense of style. They might look nice on her head to us, but I don't see them going very well with the gowns she's likely to pick, and I don't imagine her feeling like they suited her very well. At least not at first.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:39 PM
Majesty

We see royal ladies wearing diadems of all sorts with gowns of all sorts. Máxima can wear a drop dead glamorous gown by Jan Taminau paired with a diadem from 1879. A necklace or a corsage can ruin a dress, especially Orders are disturbing elements, but diadems? Hm it is so separated from a dress.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
We see royal ladies wearing diadems of all sorts with gowns of all sorts. Máxima can wear a drop dead glamorous gown by Jan Taminau paired with a diadem from 1879. A necklace or a corsage can ruin a dress, especially Orders are disturbing elements, but diadems? Hm it is so separated from a dress.

It's on the same body, it's hardly separated by much. Lol!

Maxima has a rather eccentric style. I love her style! But she can carry off mixing and matching of disparate items like no one else. Meghan so far seems to prefer a much simpler look from head to toe.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:39 PM
Serene Highness

I know it's unlikely since (i assume) it is owned by the Duke of Kent but i still think Meghan would look really good in this one.

And since the Duchess has retired from tiara events so......Maybe Charles should visit the Kent's and bring on the big wallet
Old 11-30-2017, 06:00 PM
Aristocracy

Isn't there speculation that the base of this tiara might be made from the long unseen "Lozenge" tiara or the other small band tiara of Queen Mary?