The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara will Meghan Markle wear on her wedding day?
Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara 4 3.45%
Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 5 4.31%
Papyrus Tiara 10 8.62%
Queen Mary's Filigree Bandeau 5 4.31%
Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara 2 1.72%
Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara 6 5.17%
Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau 22 18.97%
Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau 0 0%
Strathmore Rose Tiara 18 15.52%
Teck Crescent Tiara 9 7.76%
Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify 3 2.59%
Tiara created from other royal jewels (e.g. a converted necklace), please specify 6 5.17%
Antique tiara acquired for her 5 4.31%
New tiara created for her 12 10.34%
No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.) 9 7.76%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2017, 10:47 PM
Majesty

Queen Mary had some SERIOUS bling. Who knows where all of it is. Sold, passed down, taken apart or stashed in a vault.

LaRae

Old 11-28-2017, 10:52 PM

It went directly in the vault after it was bequeathed to HM. I’m hoping and praying it wasn’t dismantled to make Sarah Ferguson’s tiara.

Old 11-28-2017, 10:58 PM
Majesty

Tianna maybe not: The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The York Diamond Tiara

Original reports on the wedding noted that the new Duchess had borrowed the tiara from a family friend, information which was apparently released from Buckingham Palace. Soon enough, however, the tiara was said to have been purchased from Garrard for Sarah by the Queen. (I suppose there are many advantages to having then-crown jeweler as a “family friend”.) The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh also purchased a diamond demi-parure from Garrard for their new daughter-in-law, a set that includes a necklace, earrings, and a bracelet.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
I acknowledged in my original comment that Harry is not a Spencer and therefore Meghan does not meet the traditional qualification but that does not stop me from wanting it to happen.

I don't recall Charles having hard feelings about his wedding day. Surely if Charles has a problem with his son's bride wearing the Spencer Tiara on her wedding day then he has a big problem with his late ex-wife's engagement ring being worn all day, every day, year end and year out! So either he does not have a problem with it or he does and his sons are going to do what they want to do.

Of course the Spencers will be invited to the wedding but what does that have to do with Harry's bride wearing the Spencer Tiara on her wedding day?

Of course your crystal ball may be right but my post had to do with my hope that Meghan will wear the Spencer Tiara. If Harry and Meghan have different wants for the wedding tiara then it will not happen, but if it is their wish I doubt if it will be denied.
Your hope is a rather futile in this regard as well as unrealistic. Neither Harry nor William have any claim to the Spencer tiara nor can I imagine either wanting to ask to borrow it for their wives. There are plenty of lovely historic tiaras in the Royal vaults for the women of the BRF. Let the Spencer tiara remain where it belongs....with the Spencer women.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:47 PM
Courtier

The Strathmore Rose Tiara was worn by the Queen Mother when she married the second son of the monarch, it is pretty and it's my first choice.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:19 AM
Heir Apparent

I can't see Meghan wearing any of the more prominent tiaras owned and worn by senior British Royal women. It's more likely IMO to be a tiara like the Mary's Lozenge if one is going to be borrowed. One that could be regarded as a 'baby' or starter tiara.

However, I'm hoping, as Harry and Meghan's future children will form a separate line to the main Royal one over time, that Meghan will be given a purchased tiara that their family can keep. An alternative to that is that a tiara is made up for her from pieces in the vaults as Sophie's was. I hope not. I wasn't impressed unfortunately. It had a cobbled together look IMO.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:25 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
If one is borrowed, I'm leaning towards either the Strathmore Rose or the Teck Crescent tiara with the favorable one being the Teck. Should Meghan wear a veil, that tiara would complement it nicely. Kate's Halo tiara blended in too much with the veil to be noticeable to me.

I think the aim will be to mesh a tiara and a veil without one overshadowing the other. Too big of a tiara and the veil gets drowned out. Too small of a tiara and the veil drowns out the tiara.

Personally, my crystal ball tells me that she will be gifted a tiara of her own from either the Queen or Charles. It'll be one that stays in the family to be used by their daughters and granddaughters as time passes.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:37 AM
Aristocracy

The Strathmore Rose Tiara would suit Meghan very well.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:21 AM
Nobility

Well after listening to Camilla gush a bit over Meghan today, I don't think she would mind at all loaning Meghan the Teck Crescent. I'd love to see her in it but I'm not sure it's one Meghan would choose for yourself. I chose the Lozenge Bandeau, as I think it would be more Meghan's style. If intact and offered as an option, I really think it would be her top choice.

I wouldn't mind if the Queen or Charles were to a purchase a tiara for her. At some point, I do think that will happen.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:26 AM
Courtier

Totally agree with you sis, the Strathmore Rose Tiara in IMHO is to girly for Meghan, she is more the modern sophisticated type of lady. The Teck Tiara is more her style yet I bet there is a new tiara made for her with input from Harry. This way it stays with Harry and Meghan for the future use of their daughters if there is any. Since the York Tiara which to me is the prettiest tiara out there I think HM is loaning jewelry now, not giving it away, this way when the time comes for her to leave us, everything goes back to the vaults and stays there not to be lost in a sale somewhere to never be seen again. I whole heartily agree with that loaning of jewels now. So my vote is a new tiara for Harry and Meghan to start their own traditions within the family.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyT View Post
The Halo scroll will be in the Cartier exhibit in Australia next year so that's not an option for Meghan
Even if it wasn't, I don't see Meghan wearing the same wedding tiara as Kate. That and the Lovers knott, which now seems to be Kate's go to, IMO are out. The only tiara I think she may wear that Kate has worn is the lotus. It seems only have to be loaned to her, and now she moved on to the lover's knott.

Quote:
Wouldn't the Fife tiara be fantastic? However, I know that's not going to happen. I think it'll be a new one, of discreet size, or resurrect an old Royal Family one that no one's ever seen, like Sophie's.
Only if she dumps Harry and hooks up with the 28 year old Earl of Southesk. He is single.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
If a new tiara is created for Meghan, what is the jewelry company that would make such a tiara?
There is a few candidates.

"Cleave & Company" who did the engagement ring has the Queen's royal warrant of appointment as manufacturer of Insignia and The Prince of Wales' royal warrant of appointment as medallists.

"Mappin & Webb" is the Crown jeweller responsible for the maintenance and security of the crown jewels in the Tower of London.

"G Collins and Sons" is the Queen's personal jeweller.

The former Crown Jeweller "Garrard" has The Prince of Wales' royal warrant of appointment as jewellers, goldsmiths and silversmiths.

If there really is talk of creating a new tiara or a tiara from existing pieces to Meghan, i think one of them is likely to be asked to create it.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Your hope is a rather futile in this regard as well as unrealistic. Neither Harry nor William have any claim to the Spencer tiara nor can I imagine either wanting to ask to borrow it for their wives. There are plenty of lovely historic tiaras in the Royal vaults for the women of the BRF. Let the Spencer tiara remain where it belongs....with the Spencer women.
My wish is neither futile nor unrealistic but I do believe the odds are against Meghan wearing the Spencer Tiara, nevertheless it is my wish / suggestion that Meghan wears this beautiful tiara on her wedding day.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Even if it wasn't, I don't see Meghan wearing the same wedding tiara as Kate. That and the Lovers knott, which now seems to be Kate's go to, IMO are out. The only tiara I think she may wear that Kate has worn is the lotus. It seems only have to be loaned to her, and now she moved on to the lover's knott.

Only if she dumps Harry and hooks up with the 28 year old Earl of Southesk. He is single.

Perhaps Beatrice needs to pop round and see him.

LaRae
Old 11-29-2017, 10:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
My wish is neither futile nor unrealistic but I do believe the odds are against Meghan wearing the Spencer Tiara, nevertheless it is my wish / suggestion that Meghan wears this beautiful tiara on her wedding day.
why would she wear it? It is for the Sepncer family, not someone who marries a relative...
Old 11-29-2017, 11:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
It is the same as Letizia borrowing a diadem from the groom's aunt (former Queen Anne-Marie of the Hellenes) on her wedding day, while future husband's House has lots of jewels anyway.

It is the same as Máxima borrowing a diadem from one of the groom's aunts (Theda Baroness von Friesen, Christina Baroness von der Recke, etc.), while her future husband's House has lots of jewels anyway.

Ms Markle is lucky to have a groom from a family which has access to a fabulous collection of jewels. There is an unlogic in requesting a countryside nobleman to loan a diadem for the bride of a newphew of the Earl.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is the same as Letizia borrowing a diadem from the groom's aunt (former Queen Anne-Marie of the Hellenes) on her wedding day, while future husband's House has lots of jewels anyway.

It is the same as Máxima borrowing a diadem from one of the groom's aunts (Theda Baroness von Friesen, Christina Baroness von der Recke, etc.), while her future husband's House has lots of jewels anyway.

Ms Markle is lucky to have a groom from a family which has access to a fabulous collection of jewels. There is an unlogic in requesting a countryside nobleman to loan a diadem for the bride of a newphew of the Earl.
I see it is a nephew borrowing, for one time use, the tiara that his mother wore on her wedding day and numerous times after that, but yet has been used very few times, if at all, since her death twenty years ago.

It is doubtful that Meghan will wear a tiara purchased by her or her family, so her wedding tiara will come from someone related to her husband, most likely it will come from the groom's grandmother's stash, but my preference is that it comes from the groom's uncle's stash.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I see it is a nephew borrowing, for one time use, the tiara that his mother wore on her wedding day and numerous times after that, but yet has been used very few times, if at all, since her death twenty years ago.

It is doubtful that Meghan will wear a tiara purchased by her or her family, so her wedding tiara will come from someone related to her husband, most likely it will come from the groom's grandmother's stash, but my preference is that it comes from the groom's uncle's stash.
With a loan from the groom's uncle Ms Markle still will noit have a diadem for her representative functions.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:42 PM
Courtier

Yes she will, like Harry's mother and other women who marry into the BRF, Meghan will be given access to jewels from the royal collection, there is a separate thread for that topic.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Yes she will, like Harry's mother and other women who marry into the BRF, Meghan will be given access to jewels from the royal collection, there is a separate thread for that topic.
That is not the same. Diana, Sarah and Sophie have used their wedding diadem for years and years. The last two because there was no alternative. The first because the future Queen had, in her endless generosity, loaned one (!) diadem from the massive collection and Diana had to do with it for the rest of her princessly life - or loan her own family's diadem.

But okay, maybe the Queen (Dagoberta Duck diving into her treasures) has shed the feathers of Ebenezer Scrooge and has become more royal indeed in this aspect, seeing Catherine. We will see. Time will tell.