The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara will Meghan Markle wear on her wedding day?
Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara 6 3.59%
Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 5 2.99%
Papyrus Tiara 12 7.19%
Queen Mary's Filigree Bandeau 5 2.99%
Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara 4 2.40%
Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara 6 3.59%
Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau 29 17.37%
Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau 3 1.80%
Strathmore Rose Tiara 24 14.37%
Teck Crescent Tiara 12 7.19%
Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify 7 4.19%
Tiara created from other royal jewels (e.g. a converted necklace), please specify 9 5.39%
Antique tiara acquired for her 7 4.19%
New tiara created for her 25 14.97%
No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.) 13 7.78%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2018, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I lot of people don't really like garnets, the dark colour I expect, but I have a Victorian garnet ring I'm very fond of (the Victorians had a penchant that particular stone) and in the right setting garnets can be quite pretty.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:05 AM
Majesty

I don't mind garnets, I prefer a dark stone. I just don't like them in a tiara.

LaRae

Old 04-10-2018, 12:13 AM
Nobility

Actually I quite like garnets because of its dark red. But I think BRF has a tradition of using “white tiara” (diamond only) for wedding (do they have pearl wedding tiara?)

If I want to wear a tiara for my wedding definitely I would pick fringe/kokoshnik, they are a perfect match for veil.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:29 AM
Majesty

I actually don't like the fringe with a veil, something about the pointy ends, and the veil, just seem off to me.

The British royals don't have 'wedding tiaras'. But no on pearls at wedding. The only pearl tiaras in the main line are the lovers knot and the Grand Duchess Vladamir, neither of which have been worn for a wedding.

The Queen and Anne wore QM fringe, Diana wore her family tiara, Sarah and Sophie had new ones, Kate the halo, Zara the Greek key and Autumn the festoon tiara.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:42 AM
Nobility

I know that BRF doesn't have wedding tiara tradition and my “wedding tiaras” actually is referring to “the tiara being worn in wedding by the bride”, just too lazy to type it. Anyway thanks for the info.

Just realize Serena wore the Lotus in her wedding, but it's different story which both Serena and the Lotus aren't in the main line (at that moment).
Old 04-10-2018, 04:06 AM
Majesty

I have to say that I think fringe tiara's make wonderful wedding tiara's however, I am not including Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik in that description. I cannot think of a bride that would have the gravitas necessary to carry off QEII famous "Wall of Diamonds". It is indeed an impressive tiara.