The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara will Meghan Markle wear on her wedding day?
Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara 6 3.59%
Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 5 2.99%
Papyrus Tiara 12 7.19%
Queen Mary's Filigree Bandeau 5 2.99%
Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara 4 2.40%
Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara 6 3.59%
Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau 29 17.37%
Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau 3 1.80%
Strathmore Rose Tiara 24 14.37%
Teck Crescent Tiara 12 7.19%
Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify 7 4.19%
Tiara created from other royal jewels (e.g. a converted necklace), please specify 9 5.39%
Antique tiara acquired for her 7 4.19%
New tiara created for her 25 14.97%
No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.) 13 7.78%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2018, 12:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I know that Pranter. I doubt she'll even be allowed to wear a big one to be honest. Certainly not bigger than Kate's.

Any tiara she might wear will be bigger than Kate's.
I think the halo is the smallest tiara in the collection.

Old 04-03-2018, 12:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Even bigger than the bandeau's in the collection?

Old 04-03-2018, 12:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Small variations in size matter not, as even if Ms Markle wore the Delhi Durbar Tiara [the largest in the Collection], we would STILL know she will never be more than the wife of a [once] 'spare', and not [even remotely] likely to be Queen...
Old 04-03-2018, 12:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I know that Pranter. I doubt she'll even be allowed to wear a big one to be honest. Certainly not bigger than Kate's. I think she'll get a few options and she'll have to make due. The Lozenge Bandeau tiara would be perfect. Present, sparkly, but not too much and probably comfortable enough to wear.

Yes the Lozenge Bandeau is my favorite pick, would be amazing to see her wearing that one.

LaRae
Old 04-03-2018, 01:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I assume that the wedding tiara has long been decided, shortly after the engagement and before starting on the gown. That way a bride makes sure that gown and tiara work together, as the gown can be designed to fit the tiara. The other way round would be more difficult. So this approach would rule out any tiara that is still out there for sale.

Secondly, I doubt that Meghan will receive a tiara that has it's price tag all over the internet. If she receives a newly bought tiara, it will be purchased discreetly and privately. The press will still try to attach a price tag, but that will always be a guess, or a rumour from mysterious sources.

I still hope that she will get a long-term loan with a family background. It's a shame to let the historic jewels gather dust in the vaults.

The wedding is already next month! We are moving closer. I'm so curious!

My feeling is she had it down to a couple designers before they announced, I would think at least a couple of what's in the BRF vault would go with her theme/design. If they purchased one, well..that would kinda throw things off if the dress design was dependent on the tiara...unless they just happened on one that would work.... my initial feeling is she'll use an existing BRF tiara ..just maybe one we haven't seen in awhile (fingers crossed!

I know I can't believe we are down to about 6 weeks ...I've got my recipes lined up for the morning tea party we are gonna have here! I still need to go get tiaras though!

LaRae
Old 04-03-2018, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm pretty sure I have to work that day. Oh the joys of being a student and working a retail job.

I'm still not crossing the Cartier Halo off of the list. It's a nice wedding tiara. Not too big and probably something Meghan would like to wear regardless the fact that it already functioned as Kate's wedding tiara.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:48 PM
Majesty

The Halo is currently in Australia on display/tour. So no way can Meghan wear it.

LaRae
Old 04-03-2018, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Even bigger than the bandeau's in the collection?
The lozenge bandeau might be slightly smaller, but the filigree bandeau looks bigger than than the Cartier halo tiara to me.

Honestly, if Kate had ever wanted her own wedding tiara to be bigger than her sister-in-law's wedding tiara, than she should have chosen a bigger one. I doubt that either the Duchess of Cambridge, or anybody else in the family, expect Meghan to go for an even smaller tiara than the Catier halo. Meghan will probably get to wear her wedding tiara later on at State Banquets, so it should be of decent size. Catherine on the other hand probably knew from the beginning that the lover's knot tiara was coming her way and that she wouldn't wear the halo very often.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:10 PM
Aristocracy

I would LOVE to see a tiara made in the style of Princess Charlene's Baumer Aigrette tiara. It would look STUNNING in her dark hair, I think, and reminds me of the hat that the Dutchess of Cornwall wore to her wedding to Prince Charles.

I would also love to see her wear a wave tiara, given the symbolism of her coming from across the sea to live in the UK.

From the above selection, I think the lozenge tiara is the only one that fits her current style.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymphna View Post
I would LOVE to see a tiara made in the style of Princess Charlene's Baumer Aigrette tiara. It would look STUNNING in her dark hair, I think, and reminds me of the hat that the Dutchess of Cornwall wore to her wedding to Prince Charles.
This is exactly what I have meant when I have been saying a 'hair jewel'. Exactly. Would look splendid done well, with the veil coming from the back, as in the base of the chignon/bun/whatever. I agree about it being very similar to Camilla's hat at her wedding.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:02 PM
Majesty

Uh not me...not at all a fan of those types of hair ornaments...at least not the one in the picture.

LaRae
Old 04-05-2018, 09:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Uh not me...not at all a fan of those types of hair ornaments...at least not the one in the picture.

LaRae
Agree. I would expect she’d wear a proper tiara for the wedding.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:19 PM
Majesty

Yes as few times a year as she will be able to wear one...a wedding is the time to do it for sure!

LaRae (hoping the QM Lozenge is still in one piece and makes a debut!)
Old 04-05-2018, 10:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I’m surprised at the lozange TBH, I’d think the filigree would suit Meghan better.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I’m surprised at the lozange TBH, I’d think the filigree would suit Meghan better.
It's gorgeous but I don't think it exists anymore in the BRF collection. I haven't been able to find anything about it on the usual websites.

It's lovely ..I just figure it's gone.

LaRae
Old 04-05-2018, 11:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm starting to think that if she does do a tiara, the Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara would indeed look very good on Meghan, especially if her dress is 'architectural'. (I am keen on something akin to Letizia's and Mathilde's collars). Not sure if that tiara is possible, though, since I haven't been following the thread too closely to know what's been discussed.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:08 PM
Majesty

From what I have read the QM Fringe is one of the Queen's tiaras that she wears...those don't get shared.

LaRae
Old 04-05-2018, 11:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post

This is exactly what I have meant when I have been saying a 'hair jewel'. Exactly. Would look splendid done well, with the veil coming from the back, as in the base of the chignon/bun/whatever. I agree about it being very similar to Camilla's hat at her wedding.
I love hair ornaments but not for the wedding. The wedding calls for the bling of a proper tiara. She also needs a tiara she will wear to events like state dinners in the future.

Camilla was an older bride, and she didn't have the traditional wedding, or dress. A tiara would have looked out of place.

Now if she wore a beautiful brooch in her hair for a formal event
Old 04-05-2018, 11:25 PM
Majesty

HM has only worn it a couple of times and it has not displaced 'The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland', the Vladimir or the kokoshnik, so it may be possible.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
From what I have read the QM Fringe is one of the Queen's tiaras that she wears...those don't get shared.

LaRae
She has only ever worn it, besides her wedding, for a handful of portraits. Until 2002 it was locked away in a vault, as it was owned by her mother, and had not been worn in decades.

That said, considering the only non Queen (or future queen) to wear it was Anne on her wedding day, I'd be shocked to see it on Meghan.

Compromise could be the other fringe tiara. There is the Queen Adelaide fringe tiara which is in the queen's collection since the death of her mother.

http://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2017...adelaides.html