The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara will Meghan Markle wear on her wedding day?
Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara 6 3.59%
Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 5 2.99%
Papyrus Tiara 12 7.19%
Queen Mary's Filigree Bandeau 5 2.99%
Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara 4 2.40%
Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara 6 3.59%
Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau 29 17.37%
Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau 3 1.80%
Strathmore Rose Tiara 24 14.37%
Teck Crescent Tiara 12 7.19%
Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify 7 4.19%
Tiara created from other royal jewels (e.g. a converted necklace), please specify 9 5.39%
Antique tiara acquired for her 7 4.19%
New tiara created for her 25 14.97%
No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.) 13 7.78%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2018, 08:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Why should Charles buy it? Harry is a wealthy man in his own right and Meghan is also a wealthy women. If they won't it then they can buy it themselves.

There are more than enough tiaras already in the BRF vaults without them buying new ones anyway.
Harry is wealthy but not foolish. Unlike his father, he doesn't have a continuous source of income. His inheritance from his mother and great-grandmother funds his life. When people suggest he spend money on tiaras and houses, they don't seem to realize that takes a chunk out of his living money. He spends half his inheritance on a home and a tiara (cost of some of the homes people suggest) and he has half the interest of his fund to live off of. Unlike William, who will have Cornwall and eventually Lancaster one day, Harry doesn't have a future income to rely on.

Charles has shown he is willing to buy jewels and not just for his wife. I don't see him not being willing to buy Meghan a tiara if thought needed.

But I still think one will come out of the vault.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:21 PM
Majesty

My first choice is one of the existing BRF tiaras. Charles generally has good taste in jewelry so if he bought an existing older (well done) tiara that would be okay too. Just hoping to avoid a created one like Sophie had.

LaRae

Old 03-30-2018, 06:05 AM
Courtier

A couple of photoshopped images of Meghan in the Spencer Tiara:
https://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum...ra1-jpg.85782/
https://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum...ra2-jpg.85783/
Old 03-30-2018, 06:15 AM
Serene Highness

why? That is a highly unlikely tiara for Meghan to ever wear.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:18 AM
Majesty

It's very very unlikely she is going to wear a tiara belonging to the Spencer family since she is not marrying Earl Spencer or his heir.

LaRae
Old 03-30-2018, 06:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
why? That is a highly unlikely tiara for Meghan to ever wear.
It is highly unlikely that Meghan will Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara and yet it is included as a poll question for this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It's very very unlikely she is going to wear a tiara belonging to the Spencer family since she is not marrying Earl Spencer or his heir.

LaRae
Diana continued to wear the Spencer Tiara after she married into the BRF and was no longer considered a Spencer. Furthermore she was in a position to have her husband, or one of his wealthy associates, buy her a tiara. Another option would be to convert other jeweled pieces into a tiara. And yet given that she had other options, Diana continued to wear and was allowed to wear the Spencer Tiara.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:01 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
It is highly unlikely that Meghan will Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara and yet it is included as a poll question for this thread.

Diana continued to wear the Spencer Tiara after she married into the BRF and was no longer considered a Spencer. Furthermore she was in a position to have her husband, or one of his wealthy associates, buy her a tiara. Another option would be to convert other jeweled pieces into a tiara. And yet given that she had other options, Diana continued to wear and was allowed to wear the Spencer Tiara.
But Diana was a born Lady Spencer - Meghan and/or Kate are not linked to the family.... so why on earth...
Old 03-30-2018, 07:01 AM
Majesty

It's only a poll question because folks mentioned it...not because it's a real possibility.

Diana was a Spencer by birth so yes she kept wearing it and she wore other tiaras belonging to the BRF. Meghan is not a Spencer and is not marrying Earl Spencer or his heir. It's simply not going to happen...Meghan is not going to wear a Spencer tiara to marry Harry.

LaRae
Old 03-30-2018, 07:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
My first choice is one of the existing BRF tiaras. Charles generally has good taste in jewelry so if he bought an existing older (well done) tiara that would be okay too. Just hoping to avoid a created one like Sophie had.

LaRae
I still think it will be a newly bought one like for Sarah. Given also that Meghans taste would be difficult to match with the ones in the vaults, with maybe the exception of this one:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: My Ultimate Tiara Collection: The Lotus Flower Tiara

...or maybe it is just my wishful thinking, because I absolute adore this tiara!
Old 03-30-2018, 07:07 AM
Majesty

I do like the Lotus but I like the Teck Crescent too..and of course the QM Lozenge Bandeau ..which who knows if it's still in one piece. Meghan would look great in that one.

If they buy her one, please let it be an older one already existing not a new created one.

LaRae
Old 03-30-2018, 09:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
But Diana was a born Lady Spencer - Meghan and/or Kate are not linked to the family.... so why on earth...
Meghan and Kate are linked to the Spencer family through Harry and William respectively. Neither Kate nor Sophie have family tiaras and when they married they wore tiaras from their husbands' family. Meghan also has the option of wearing a tiara from her betrothed's family, either the Spencer tiara or a Windsor tiara, assuming of course the owners are willing to lend out the tiaras.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I believe most of the tiaras in that poll are not really possibilities. People just have their favorites and are speculating.

The DM is also speculating and references the Lover's Knot ( I think that is Kate's for the near future), and the Spencer (I'd be shocked if Meghan wore that).

As for Fergie being gifted with a new one, I read that she arranged to borrow one for the wedding and the Queen didn't like the idea so purchased it for her. She was more or less forced into it (Should have been a red flag right there).
I also wonder if Sophie Wessex borrowing that diamond floral tiara from a jeweler is what motivated the Queen to lend her the Five Aquamarine.

I really hope Meghan would never do something like that.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:21 AM
Majesty

Its a Spencer family heirloom. Diana herself only borrowed it, it didn’t belong to her. Had it been Diana’s personal property I could see Meghan choosing it as an option.

Plus Charles Spencer would use it as a propaganda tool against the Windsor’s.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Its a Spencer family heirloom. Diana herself only borrowed it, it didn’t belong to her. Had it been Diana’s personal property I could see Meghan choosing it as an option.

Plus Charles Spencer would use it as a propaganda tool against the Windsor’s.
I can see him using it as a propaganda tool, but how can he use it as a propaganda tool against the Windsors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I believe most of the tiaras in that poll are not really possibilities. People just have their favorites and are speculating.

The DM is also speculating and references the Lover's Knot ( I think that is Kate's for the near future), and the Spencer (I'd be shocked if Meghan wore that).

As for Fergie being gifted with a new one, I read that she arranged to borrow one for the wedding and the Queen didn't like the idea so purchased it for her. She was more or less forced into it (Should have been a red flag right there).
I also wonder if Sophie Wessex borrowing that aquamarine tiara from a jeweler is what motivated the Queen to lend her the Five Aquamarine.

I really hope Meghan would never do something like that.
If you are speaking about this tiara, I don't think that it is a borrowed tiara. I think that it is a privately purchased tiara, and while numerous bloggers have the same theory, I don't think that it has been confirmed.

The timing does not add up to the Queen lending Sophie the Five Aquamarine Tiara as some kind of reaction to her wearing the other aquamarine tiara, often referred to as the Wessex Aquamarine Necklace Tiara. Sophie started wearing the necklace / tiara in necklace form in 2005, she debuted the the Five Aquamarine Tiara in 2012 and then wore the necklace / tiara in tiara form in 2015.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

If you are speaking about this tiara, I don't think that it is a borrowed tiara. I think that it is a privately purchased tiara, and while numerous bloggers have the same theory, I don't think that it has been confirmed.

No, not that one. I was referring to a diamond floral tiara worn only once, that was never seen again.
That was the one that was supposedly borrowed.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:40 AM
Courtier

I wondered if you were talking about this tiara because of the borrowed part, but I got thrown off when it was referred to as an aquamarine tiara. Nevertheless the timing does not add up with this tiara either since Sophie wore it in 2004 to a pre-wedding event for Crown Prince Frederik. and Mary Donaldson.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:53 AM
Nobility

OT: There is a suspicion that Sophie's tiara (the floral one) is the smaller verision of the Princess Alice's Aquamarine tiara (which is probably not true), but the tiara itself only contains diamond, no aquamarine.

The Spencer tiara, I would say Meghan doesn't need it even if she is allowed to use it.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm thinking that it would be a huge mistake should Meghan borrow the Spencer tiara for the wedding from Charles Spencer. Why? Well... perusing through a newsfeed that I skim on AOL every now and then, there was an article claiming the Meghan was rumored to wear "Princess Diana's wedding tiara". I just was too curious not to peek at the comment section for that article which strongly reeks of Daily Fail wannabe commenetators.

The main opinion is that Meghan shouldn't wear the tiara and sully Diana's memory. Crazy eh? This, though, would be a major opinion from the American side as that is what they'll see. It would put too much focus on Diana rather than the bride, herself.

I'm sure there'll be aspects of the wedding to bring Harry's mother into remembrance as they marry but wearing the Spencer tiara would not be doing it in a good way.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 03-30-2018, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I wondered if you were talking about this tiara because of the borrowed part, but I got thrown off when it was referred to as an aquamarine tiara. Nevertheless the timing does not add up with this tiara either since Sophie wore it in 2004 to a pre-wedding event for Crown Prince Frederik. and Mary Donaldson.

That's the one!
I goofed when I said aquamarine...
Old 03-30-2018, 11:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm thinking that it would be a huge mistake should Meghan borrow the Spencer tiara for the wedding from Charles Spencer. Why? Well... perusing through a newsfeed that I skim on AOL every now and then, there was an article claiming the Meghan was rumored to wear "Princess Diana's wedding tiara". I just was too curious not to peek at the comment section for that article which strongly reeks of Daily Fail wannabe commenetators.

The main opinion is that Meghan shouldn't wear the tiara and sully Diana's memory. Crazy eh? This, though, would be a major opinion from the American side as that is what they'll see. It would put too much focus on Diana rather than the bride, herself.

I'm sure there'll be aspects of the wedding to bring Harry's mother into remembrance as they marry but wearing the Spencer tiara would not be doing it in a good way.
I suspect that the comments section of the Meghan related articles both before and after the tiara article was full of crazy talk. I certainly hope Meghan, Harry, and the BRF are not letting the crazies dictate their actions and decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
That's the one!
I goofed when I said aquamarine...