The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara will Meghan Markle wear on her wedding day?
Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara 8 3.88%
Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 5 2.43%
Papyrus Tiara 14 6.80%
Queen Mary's Filigree Bandeau 7 3.40%
Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara 4 1.94%
Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara 7 3.40%
Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau 43 20.87%
Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau 3 1.46%
Strathmore Rose Tiara 33 16.02%
Teck Crescent Tiara 14 6.80%
Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify 11 5.34%
Tiara created from other royal jewels (e.g. a converted necklace), please specify 9 4.37%
Antique tiara acquired for her 9 4.37%
New tiara created for her 26 12.62%
No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.) 13 6.31%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 04:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Iím surprised that Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau has the most votes. To me, I donít think it would make a good wedding tiara.
Well, it's one of the more realistic options and I think it was suit Meghan's style. Plus, it's a pretty versatile tiara.

I really don't care to see Meghan in any tiara Kate has worn, so if not the Lozenge or Teck Crescent or one that has been in the vaults for awhile, then I'm all for a new tiara.

Old 01-26-2018, 04:44 AM
Courtier

I like the Lotus but I don't think it's a good option for wedding. It's a bit too big to me (I don't think she is strictly forbidden to pick a bigger piece, but I guess she will choose a piece, or be offered some tiaras with similar/smaller size as Kate's), and I think it's not veil-friendly if she decides to cover her face, it doesn't have a smooth shape (the spikes with different height) to anchor her veil (like Sophie's).

While I hope to see Meghan wear the Lotus in future, I also hope Meghan has "her own tiara" in her big day rather than something Kate has worn before. (but I don't mind if they decide to share the Lotus in future!)

Old 01-26-2018, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I've forgotten what I voted for but I now feel that (of the choices) the Papyrus Tiara would be the best.
When you look at the poll, your own vote is shown in italics.

I wouldn't want to see her with a wedding tiara which has already been worn by her sister-in-law. Unless they go for a tradition that brides wear the same wedding tiara, that is. But I'd find it unfortunate if Meghan wore a tiara which Kate has worn at a State Banquet before. Really, I hope that the Queen has kept some tiaras for Harry's bride in the vault, something that hasn't been worn in Harry's generation.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
When you look at the poll, your own vote is shown in italics.
Ah! Okay. So I did vote for the Papyrus Tiara to begin with. Don't know if one is being deceived by the particular photo regarding the colors of the Papyrus Tiara, but if the photo is a good representation, I think those colors would be great for Meghan. (My impression of there being 'colors' may be an illusion of the photo). Colors or not, still the best tiara imo.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

What if the Wedding tiara came from America? Here is a Late Victorian Scroll diamond tiara. The tiara was made in America.
Late Victorian American Scroll diamond tiara | Bentley & Skinner | The Jewellery Editor
Old 02-21-2018, 05:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I very seriously doubt that the wedding tiara that Meghan would wear would be one that is obscure and without meaning from the United States. This is a British royal wedding and so many look to the tiara and the jewels among other things such as the flowers and the music to mean something.

To wear a tiara from the United States would send a pretty clear message that Meghan wishes to hold onto all thing American even though that sentiment is not actually one that Meghan has. A wedding is a merging of two people into one and frankly, a bride wearing a tiara of provenance to the BRF symbolizes this.

The one deviation that can and does work would be for Meghan to have a tiara created especially for her wedding that would remain within the family that Harry and Meghan create therefore giving it its own sense of provenance for the both of them.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 02-21-2018, 06:21 PM
Majesty

It's a gorgeous tiara (American made) though.

LaRae
Old 02-21-2018, 08:28 PM
Majesty

Hmm, but I drooled over the pearl and diamond beauty below it.
Old 02-21-2018, 10:41 PM
Majesty

MARG I posted that pearl and diamond tiara a few weeks ago...I would LOVE to see her in a Pearl and Diamond tiara!

LaRae
Old 02-22-2018, 02:56 AM
Majesty

Darn, I missed it. It is definitely drool-worthy.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:29 AM

I have been trying to find out if any of the Queens tiara collection have an African connection of any sort. Perhaps some stones sourced there like Harry chose for the ring. I wonder if they might choose something with an African connection since it obviously means a great deal to them.

I would like to see her with something new though, a nice full parure, designed just for her. I will be interested to see what jewelry she is gifted for her wedding. The Middle Eastern states are usually generous to royal brides!
Old 02-22-2018, 07:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

^ It may be 'slim pickings' on the Jewelry front for Wedding Presents [except from the HMQ and her Father-in-Law], since none of the Middle Eastern rulers are expected to attend.
Perhaps later, if they visit those Countries she will receive some ?
Old 02-22-2018, 08:04 AM
Heir Apparent

I still think Charles may gift Meghan with a suitable tiara (especially if, like that pearl and diamond one, it converts into a necklace).

I don't expect the Queen to do so, she doesn't seem to gift jewelry very often.

(I know she did for Fergie, but that was because Fergie made plans to borrow the tiara from the jeweler, and the Queen did not think that was appropriate. She probably knew the press would have a field day if a DIL wore a borrowed tiara when there are so many in the vaults).
Old 02-22-2018, 08:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sure the Queen wont 'give' Ms Markle a Tiara.. more likely the 'life-time' loan of one [or rather a 'life of marriage' loan].

But bracelets/earrings [both from HMQ and the Prince of Wales] are FAR more likely..
Old 02-22-2018, 08:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorgQueen View Post
I have been trying to find out if any of the Queens tiara collection have an African connection of any sort. Perhaps some stones sourced there like Harry chose for the ring. I wonder if they might choose something with an African connection since it obviously means a great deal to them.

I would like to see her with something new though, a nice full parure, designed just for her. I will be interested to see what jewelry she is gifted for her wedding. The Middle Eastern states are usually generous to royal brides!
I don't think that it will be difficult to find a tiara or jewels with an African connection, but that connection may not be something that the BRF wants to draw attention to.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:47 AM
Majesty

So few occasions for them to wear a tiara anymore. Doesn't make sense to get her one (or make one) when they have who knows how many in the BRF vaults.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

LaRae
Old 02-22-2018, 09:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
jewels with an African connection
Altho' Ms Markle is descended from Africans [as ultimately we ALL are], that descent is in the remote past.
It would be like giving Lady Gabriella Windsor Siberian Emeralds as a Wedding present, because she has distant Russian Ancestry...
American Gems would be rather more pertinent to her as an individual, surely ?
Old 02-22-2018, 09:52 AM
Royal Highness

Isn't the King Faisal necklace from Harry Winston? An American jeweller named Harry...just saying
Old 02-22-2018, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

(I know she did for Fergie, but that was because Fergie made plans to borrow the tiara from the jeweler, and the Queen did not think that was appropriate. She probably knew the press would have a field day if a DIL wore a borrowed tiara when there are so many in the vaults).
But as far as it is known Sophie also wore once a loaned tiara for the pre-Wedding Gala in Denmark.
If they want a new tiara for Meghan which belongs to her or Harry they could also use some of Diana's Jewels to create a new one for her.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:43 AM
Majesty

Meghan will no doubt be given some of Diana's jewellery on her wedding day or soon after, and there may be earrings, necklaces and bracelets with diamonds/emeralds etc from Middle Eastern rulers there.

Closed Thread