The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara will Meghan Markle wear on her wedding day?
Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara 4 3.45%
Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 5 4.31%
Papyrus Tiara 10 8.62%
Queen Mary's Filigree Bandeau 5 4.31%
Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara 2 1.72%
Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara 6 5.17%
Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau 22 18.97%
Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau 0 0%
Strathmore Rose Tiara 18 15.52%
Teck Crescent Tiara 9 7.76%
Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify 3 2.59%
Tiara created from other royal jewels (e.g. a converted necklace), please specify 6 5.17%
Antique tiara acquired for her 5 4.31%
New tiara created for her 12 10.34%
No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.) 9 7.76%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2017, 05:43 PM
Nobility

Thank you Tilia C., Ive always wondered how that worked.

Old 11-28-2017, 05:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missjersey View Post
They’re all so lovely though my choice would be Strathmore Rose. Does Meghan get to pick or is she given a choice? Thank you

From what we understand, the Queen will offer her X options (similar to how it was handled with Kate) and Meghan is free to pick from that group.

We don't know which ones will be offered although it is unlikely that she will be offered anything being currently worn by the Queen, Camilla, Kate or Sophie. Which takes some on the poll out of the running right out of the gate.

We really don't know what is in the family vaults that hasn't been seen in ages. I don't think the Lozenge Bandeau (gorgeous) has been seen in a long long time. We assume it's still in the vault and not broken up for use in other pieces.

LaRae

Old 11-28-2017, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

You are right, Pranter, I too find some options from the poll extremely unlikely. They were added, because they have often been mentioned over the past few months.

Old 11-28-2017, 05:51 PM
Majesty

Yeah they are gorgeous to look at though! There's only a few of the *known* BRF tiaras I don't like!

I REALLY love the Teck Cresent...I just don't know if it's in circulation since Camilla has used it. I don' think she's worn it much and maybe not in several years which might mean it's an option....hard telling. I'll say this and Camilla will be wearing it at the next Tiara Event!

LaRae
Old 11-28-2017, 05:54 PM
Nobility

Thank you Pranter. Can you just imagine..what a thrilling activity to have to choose. I see where others have said some pieces haven’t been seen in years. It sure would be nice to see these gorgeous pieces being used. Thanks again
Old 11-28-2017, 05:57 PM
Majesty

I know...it would be almost overwhelming! It depends on her vision too...what type of wedding, what kind of dress. Does she even want a tiara? I wish the interviewer last night had asked..so are you going to wear a tiara??? lol

LaRae
Old 11-28-2017, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yeah they are gorgeous to look at though! There's only a few of the *known* BRF tiaras I don't like!

I REALLY love the Teck Cresent...I just don't know if it's in circulation since Camilla has used it. I don' think she's worn it much and maybe not in several years which might mean it's an option....hard telling. I'll say this and Camilla will be wearing it at the next Tiara Event!

LaRae
Camilla has never been seen wearing the Teck. We only know about it because Roberts mentioned it in his book on the Queen's diamonds. I don't think that Camilla would mind passing it on to Meghan. But I would also love to see Camilla with it. No matter who, but please wear it, anyone!

Old 11-28-2017, 06:04 PM
Nobility

I voted for the Lozenge out of hope more than I did as a realistic guess. If it's still intact and in the vault, I think it would be a very good match for Meghan's style. And on principal, I hate to see a tiara languish in its case for decades on end.

I really like design of the Strathmore Rose, but I can't quite imagine its profile on her. Also, I really don't think we'll see anyone wear it across the forehead again for a long while, unless styles change dramatically. There are party girls wearing low-slung headbands like that, but it's not really a high-class look at the moment.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:06 PM
Aristocracy

Apart from the Roberts book, is there any real proof that the Duchess of Cornwall has permanent loan of the Teck Crescent? It seems strange that she should have had it for such a long time but has never worn it. But I agree that whether it has been loaned or whether it hasn’t, that isn’t a barrier to Meghan wearing it.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Camilla has never been seen wearing the Teck. We only know about it because Roberts mentioned it in his book on the Queen's diamonds. I don't think that Camilla would mind passing it on to Meghan. But I would also love to see Camilla with it. No matter who, but please wear it, anyone!
Oh wow..I could of swore I saw a pic of Camilla wearing the Teck! Maybe it was a different one ..or the picture mislabeled the tiara!

I'll go see if I can google it again! I agree someone wear these amazing tiaras!

LaRae
Old 11-28-2017, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
I voted for the Lozenge out of hope more than I did as a realistic guess. If it's still intact and in the vault, I think it would be a very good match for Meghan's style. And on principal, I hate to see a tiara languish in its case for decades on end.

I really like design of the Strathmore Rose, but I can't quite imagine its profile on her. Also, I really don't think we'll see anyone wear it across the forehead again for a long while, unless styles change dramatically. There are party girls wearing low-slung headbands like that, but it's not really a high-class look at the moment.
Many tiara that were worn on the forehead in the 1920's can also be worn like normal tiaras. Queem Mum has actually worn the Strathmore tiara further back on her head at least once.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Duchess of Cornwall: Tiaras & Necklaces

According to The Queen's Diamonds by Hugh Roberts, this tiara has been loaned to The Duchess of Cornwall, though we have yet to see her wear it. It hasn't been worn in public for decades, perhaps not since the 1940s.
Nobility

It really would be so nice to see them out of the vault and being worn if it was possible. A little OT but when I think of tiaras etc.I’ve always thought QEQM just loved wearing them.
Nobility

For some reason, I can't really picture the Teck Crescent on any other member of the BRF (or Meghan, for that matter). I feel like it would really benefit from that big hairstyle of hers. Highly illogical and completely subjective, but that reasoning makes it easier for me to buy the account that it's earmarked for Camilla.

I know someone (Roberts?) has reported that the Teck Circle is in another branch of the family, but I sure would love to see it show up on Meghan. I think it would suit her really well.

Quote:
Many tiara that were worn on the forehead in the 1920's can also be worn like normal tiaras. Queem Mum has actually worn the Strathmore tiara further back on her head at least once.
Oh, I know. I don't see it on Meghan either way. But on a number of occasions here people have posted that they hope she'll not only wear it but wear it bandeau-style.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Oh wow..I could of swore I saw a pic of Camilla wearing the Teck! Maybe it was a different one ..or the picture mislabeled the tiara!

I'll go see if I can google it again! I agree someone wear these amazing tiaras!

LaRae
Maybe it was the tiara from her own family? Camilla has worn the Shand tiara a few times at the diplomatic receptions. Or someone might have posted a photo montage without labeling it properly.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:

I voted for it too (Lozenge Bandeau) ...I do like the Strathmore Rose but I think it is so style specific it would only work *well* with certain looks/dresses.

ETA Just like the Sapphire Bandeau..which is gorgeous..but it's got a Sapphire in it so more specific to a certain look.

LaRae

Quote:
Maybe it was the tiara from her own family? Camilla has worn the Shand tiara a few times at the diplomatic receptions. Or someone might have posted a photo montage without labeling it properly.
Most likely that is the case, it was the Shand tiara and it was just a mislabeled pic I ran across (pinterest).

LaRae
Old 11-28-2017, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
For some reason, I can't really picture the Teck Crescent on any other member of the BRF (or Meghan, for that matter). I feel like it would really benefit from that big hairstyle of hers. Highly illogical and completely subjective, but that reasoning makes it easier for me to buy the account that it's earmarked for Camilla.

I know someone (Roberts?) has reported that the Teck Circle is in another branch of the family, but I sure would love to see it show up on Meghan. I think it would suit her really well.
I actually think that the Teck crescent tiara is quite small. The Duchess of Teck used to wear it with two diamond rivieres at the base, to give it more height. So I would fear that it gets completely lost in Camilla's hair.

Yes, it was Robert's who reported that the circle necklace is with Princess Margreth's son Lord Linley.

Old 11-28-2017, 06:23 PM
Majesty

That's another one I love...so disappointed when I heard about it being with Lord Linley.

LaRae
Old 11-28-2017, 06:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I actually think that the Teck crescent tiara is quite small. The Duchess of Teck used to wear it with two diamond rivieres at the base, to give it more height. So I would fear that it gets completely lost in Camilla's hair.

Yes, it was Robert's who reported that the circle necklace is with Princess Margreth's son Lord Linley.
Oh, I thought the diamond riveres were part of it!

Still, there's something about the bold, graphic design of the crescent shapes that I feel would look "too much" on a sleeker head of hair in this day and age.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
More than one person here has tried to explain it to you....Meghan won't wear the Spencer Tiara when she marries Harry. She's not marrying into the Spencer family. She's marrying into the Mountbatten-Windsor family. She will either wear a new one or a BRF tiara (if any).

LaRae
No one who actually read my comments needed to explain anything to me since I stated in my original and a follow up comment that I am aware of the tradition associated with that type of tiara. I am just a member of a royal discussion board posting my wishes in a thread with the term "suggestions and musings" in the title, it ain't that deep!