The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara will Meghan Markle wear on her wedding day?
Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara 8 3.88%
Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 5 2.43%
Papyrus Tiara 14 6.80%
Queen Mary's Filigree Bandeau 7 3.40%
Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara 4 1.94%
Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara 7 3.40%
Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau 43 20.87%
Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau 3 1.46%
Strathmore Rose Tiara 33 16.02%
Teck Crescent Tiara 14 6.80%
Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify 11 5.34%
Tiara created from other royal jewels (e.g. a converted necklace), please specify 9 4.37%
Antique tiara acquired for her 9 4.37%
New tiara created for her 26 12.62%
No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.) 13 6.31%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 11:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Do you have the same concerns for Catherine? After all, William gave Kate his mother's entire engagement ring, not just 2 stones from some of her jewelry.
The question aimed at me sounds odd (almost intended to be provocative) and is also off-topic. The issue of engagement rings and where they come from has been discussed on numerous threads. I've participated. If Catherine is thrilled to have the Diana ring, all is well, not so? It really is about what charms the woman, wouldn't you say? Some people really groove on antiques, and revel in the history associated. Some don't.

I think the most recent example of Eugenie's ring is perfect. Jack stated he had an idea for the ring, for the gem, and then ran it by Eugenie. She was happy so he went ahead. Fairy tale ending.

P.S. BTW not sure I expressed 'concerns' regarding Meghan. Just saying.

Old 01-23-2018, 11:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
Not really, I'm pretty sure it's about both of them first.
Naaah, it's the brides day. The groom just shows up and he better not step on her dress. LoL

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 01-23-2018, 11:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
This wedding is about Meghan first and Meghan and Harry second; leave his dead mother out of it.
Now you are on this thread spewing whatever.........and you are very *wrong* for this wedding is NOT about Meghan herself, it is about *Both* Harry and Meghan whom are getting married together as a couple. And as for Harry's mother, Princess Diana, he will NEVER leave her out of his life period. You really need to come to grips about your attitude here for it is showing something we do not want nor need.

There at *2* royal weddings this year for the BRF and both should be celebrated with joy, love and delight for BOTH couples, not just one person for she can not marry without Harry. If no Harry then no wedding.......period!
Old 01-24-2018, 12:04 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not even engaging with you anymore, if you want a fight go find some one else
Old 01-24-2018, 12:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Do you have the same concerns for Catherine? After all, William gave Kate his mother's entire engagement ring, not just 2 stones from some of her jewelry.
Many people did indeed have the same concern about Kate's. Which I am sure can be found on her threads. Concern about it 'always being Diana's ring' and what came along with that.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
What is clear is Meghan 'appreciates' Harry's thoughtfulness regarding the engagement ring. Isn't that an interesting way to answer? I think so. That engagement ring should be all about the beloved (in this case Meghan) not the mother. It should be all about his love for Meghan and their life together front-and-center. JMO.
I agree and also disagree, I've heard of guys giving their wife their mother or grandmothers engagement ring (usually in romcoms) I also think Ive heard of a guy using his wife's family ring.
I liked the idea of William placing Kate as the new most important woman in his life by giving her the ring of the first most important woman.
But I do agree that the rings should be about Meghan and Kate not Diana. But I think it isn't Will or Harry who is constantly bringing her up when it comes to the rings.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Golly I didn’t know tiaras caused so much concern. If he wanted her to wear it and she wanted to wear none of our business
It would seriously insult HM as Meghan is marrying into her family, not the Spencer family. If she wore that tiara every newspaper from here to timbuctoo would be headlined "She wore Diana's tiara", and they wouldn't even bother about her name. Every shot would follow the tiara and Meghan would be totally eclipsed, She would not want that and the BRF would most definitely not want that.

Quote:
This wedding is about Meghan first and Meghan and Harry second; leave his dead mother out of it.
Agreed. I think Meghan didn't have too much problem with the two "unset" diamonds from his mother's jewellery. You cannot look at her ring and see another piece of Diana's jewellery, which in my opinion is a very big plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
Not really, I'm pretty sure it's about both of them first.:ermm
Quote:
Naaah, it's the brides day. The groom just shows up and he better not step on her dress. LoL
Xenia has the right of it I think. People may admire the flowers which may be chosen by the happy couple, so too the music (hope they talk to his 'Pa". But regardless of this being a wedding service, it is all about the lady walking up the aisle. The cameras follow her and dissect every element of her wedding attire. The Groom? Well, he just has to make sure his uniform is buttoned correctly and since he was in the military he could dress in the dark one-handed.

Yes, right or wrong the verdict on the Bride is set on that aisle. I don't think I will ever forget Sarah's wedding. Her dress was fabulous and the embroidery, etc. magnificent, but that didn't stop the various news anchors describing how it was designed to minimise her fat bum! And Andrew? He stood at the front waiting for the woman he loved and it showed in his every expression.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:19 AM
Nobility

I think she’d look great in the Grand Duchess Vladimir tiara or maybe even the Teck circle tiara.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Luna View Post
I might be wrong, but didnt Prince Harry inherited the Spencer tiara on his 30th birthday together with Prince William ?

The Spencer tiara was never Diana’s. it’s the property of the Earls Spencer, currently Diana’s brother, Charles. So there’s no way William or Harry could inherit it.

It is Diana’s family tiara and she’d often borrow it from her father and then brother. She never owned it outright.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess B View Post
I think she’d look great in the Grand Duchess Vladimir tiara or maybe even the Teck circle tiara.
Pretty sure the Queen won't loan it to Meghan, or even Kate, or even Camilla because it's one of the her favourites.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:01 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Golly I didn’t know tiaras caused so much concern. If he wanted her to wear it and she wanted to wear none of our business
People definitely get into tiaras, but the "concern" you speak of seems to be reserved for the Spencer tiara, the thought of Meghan wearing the Spencer tiara seems to spark some strong feelings of opposition.

As I have written before, the Spencer tiara is at the top of my wishlist to be Meghan's wedding tiara but I think that the odds are against it.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:03 AM
Courtier

Tiara (especially these in royal or aristocratic family) is not just a piece of jewel, it's a family heirloom with historical value, it's a kind of symbol. Sometimes it's not, you want to wear it so you can wear it.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:46 AM
Courtier

I don't think that the historical value of the Spencer tiara will be diminished if it was worn at a royal wedding. By the way the Spencer tiara that Diana and her sisters wore to their weddings came into the family in the early 20th century and the only pictures that I have seen of it was it being worn by the Diana, her sisters and the current Earl's first wife at their respective weddings. IMO it is a historical piece, not merely because it was worn by Diana and others at their weddings, but because Diana continued to wear it when she became part of the British Royal Family.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess B View Post
The Teck circlet is simple, but with plenty of bling. Without the pendants, I think it would look awesome with Meghan's coloring.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
True, but he has access to many tiaras in the royal collection, so while the Spencer Tiara is pretty, I can't see any real need to borrow it. However if Meghan took a liking ot it and asked the Spencers to borrow it for some special occasion, I can see no reason why she should not wear it.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
I don't think that the historical value of the Spencer tiara will be diminished if it was worn at a royal wedding. By the way the Spencer tiara that Diana and her sisters wore to their weddings came into the family in the early 20th century and the only pictures that I have seen of it was it being worn by the Diana, her sisters and the current Earl's first wife at their respective weddings. IMO it is a historical piece , not merely because it was worn by Diana and others at their weddings, but because Diana continued to wear it when she became part of the British Royal Family.
Tiaras are a sort of wealth display, correct? Since the Spencer Tiara is owned by the Spencer family, and Meghan isn't from that family, who would she be impressing if she wore it? Meghan should wear something from her new family, either a gift to her, or something belonging to the royal family.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:38 AM
Heir Apparent

She is not meant to be "impressing" anyone.. She is meant to look appropriate and attractive....
Old 01-24-2018, 09:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
Pretty sure the Queen won't loan it to Meghan, or even Kate, or even Camilla because it's one of the her favourites.

It is a pretty tiara, no wonder the queen likes it so much. I think it’s a tiara that would look good on most. But Meghan’s dark hair would just make it look better.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:37 AM
Nobility

Meghan will wear a tiara that will be associated with her. Like for Kate the halo scroll was brought out of the vaults, we can expect a tiara not seen in a long time for Meghan.

My guesses are: The Strathmore rose tiara, Teck circle tiara or Queen Mary’s Diamond Lozenge bandeau.

This will also be her go to tiara, since other tiaras are in use by other members of the family.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:05 AM
Serene Highness

I'm thinking the Fife tiara . It now resides at Kensington Palace.

Closed Thread