The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara will Meghan Markle wear on her wedding day?
Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara 8 3.88%
Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 5 2.43%
Papyrus Tiara 14 6.80%
Queen Mary's Filigree Bandeau 7 3.40%
Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara 4 1.94%
Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara 7 3.40%
Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau 43 20.87%
Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau 3 1.46%
Strathmore Rose Tiara 33 16.02%
Teck Crescent Tiara 14 6.80%
Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify 11 5.34%
Tiara created from other royal jewels (e.g. a converted necklace), please specify 9 4.37%
Antique tiara acquired for her 9 4.37%
New tiara created for her 26 12.62%
No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.) 13 6.31%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #281  
Old 12-06-2017, 01:16 PM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 2,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
AN ART DECO DIAMOND TIARA, BY CARTIER | Christie's


Cyril found this one...quite pretty!


LaRae
Yeah this one is gorgeous. I feel like I've seen it on sale before already.
__________________

  #282  
Old 12-06-2017, 01:44 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 5,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Yeah this one is gorgeous. I feel like I've seen it on sale before already.
The Christie's states 2012 as the date of the auction. So the tiara is a really unlikely candidate.

I think that if a tiara is acquired for Meghan, it won't be at auction. They might prefer a private and discrete transaction, so that there won't be a price tag left on the internet.
__________________

__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


  #283  
Old 12-06-2017, 02:52 PM
Tianna's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Gainesville, United States
Posts: 17
Currently in the window of Bentley & Skinner
https://postimg.org/image/sc2o03msr/
  #284  
Old 12-06-2017, 03:00 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 9,739
Well that is certainly regal looking


LaRae
  #285  
Old 12-06-2017, 03:23 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,951
Remind me a little of Sarah `ferguson's wedding tiara but with less "openness".
  #286  
Old 12-06-2017, 09:55 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 9,062
I haven't seen a Bentley skinner one I like yet. Not my taste at all I guess.

I really love the lotus tiara. And if she is going to have one tiara to wear for some time, I'd love the lotus to get some more active use.
  #287  
Old 12-07-2017, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 4,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2000 View Post
Love it, Again just amazing. However, Meghan just getting into the firm. It maybe over stating it . I would love to see her in it.
If they are to purchase one for her, and they likely are, it won't be a starter tiara, so her just getting into the firm won't play a role. That tiara is the one that will be passed down the line. However, I don't really see that tiara happening. It's a bit gaudy.
  #288  
Old 12-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 4,008
I would think that the Strathmore Rose would look very nice if a base is added to it. I highly doubt Meghan will wear the bandeau style. It can feel fussy with all of that. It's not as thin as Diana's emerald choker. I also think the Strathmore Rose will get lost in all of that hair if worn on top of the head. I'd like to see it with a base.
  #289  
Old 12-08-2017, 04:11 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 4,421
That tiara is pretty, but since it has colored stones, it is not acceptable for her wedding,
Though maybe it could be purchased to be used later, and she could borrow one from the collection to wear for the wedding.
  #290  
Old 12-08-2017, 04:41 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 8,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
That tiara is pretty, but since it has colored stones, it is not acceptable for her wedding,
Though maybe it could be purchased to be used later, and she could borrow one from the collection to wear for the wedding.
Various brides have worn coloured diadems at weddings:

Princess Clotilde di Savoia

Princess Philomena d'Orléans

Princess Sofia of Sweden

Princess Isabelle de Ligne de la Trémoïlle

Princess Carina von Löwenstein-Wertheim-Freudenborg

Doña Laura Ponte y Martínez (at her wedding with Don Luis Beltrán Gómez-Acebo y Borbón - nephew of King Juan Carlos of Spain)

Princess Olga di Savoia-Aosta
  #291  
Old 12-08-2017, 04:44 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 4,421


Yes, but not the British.
They never have.
  #292  
Old 12-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 5,094
The nature of this thread admittedly is rather speculative. Yet posting pictures and videos of any tiara that has been auctioned over the last decade or so really won't get us closer to determine which tiara Meghan actually might wear at her wedding.

Therefore some posts without connection to the British royal jewels post with no connection to jewels have been deleted.

Also some empty posts have been deleted in accordance with the TRF rules:

Quote:
Threads and posts containing information already posted will be deleted, edited, or merged at the discretion of the moderators; empty posts containing irrelevant short exclamations or comments will be deleted.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


  #293  
Old 12-08-2017, 04:24 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 5,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post


Yes, but not the British.
They never have.
Not the British, indeed. Most of the times coloured stones in bridal tiaras mean, that the family has no all-white tiara. We can't say that of the BRF.

I really hope that the lozenge bandeau is still intact. And I remember that a few years ago Princess Anne wore the 'other' Greville tiara, the one with the greek key pattern, at a State Banquet. That jewel had never before been seen worn by any of the royal ladies, yet it sat in the vault all the time. So imho, there is a good chance that the two diamond bandeau tiaras of Queen Mary also are still intact.

Btw, I hope Meghan won't get the Greville greek key tiara, because it's not the most flattering shape, imo.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


  #294  
Old 12-08-2017, 04:34 PM
CyrilVladisla's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Conneaut, United States
Posts: 4,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I would think that the Strathmore Rose would look very nice if a base is added to it. I highly doubt Meghan will wear the bandeau style. It can feel fussy with all of that. It's not as thin as Diana's emerald choker. I also think the Strathmore Rose will get lost in all of that hair if worn on top of the head. I'd like to see it with a base.
What is the proper type of base if the Strathmore Rose Tiara was used and a base was used? Could you please include an illustration?
  #295  
Old 12-08-2017, 04:39 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 9,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Not the British, indeed. Most of the times coloured stones in bridal tiaras mean, that the family has no all-white tiara. We can't say that of the BRF.

I really hope that the lozenge bandeau is still intact. And I remember that a few years ago Princess Anne wore the 'other' Greville tiara, the one with the greek key pattern, at a State Banquet. That jewel had never before been seen worn by any of the royal ladies, yet it sat in the vault all the time. So imho, there is a good chance that the two diamond bandeau tiaras of Queen Mary also are still intact.

Btw, I hope Meghan won't get the Greville greek key tiara, because it's not the most flattering shape, imo.

I thought that was one of Camillas?

If it's the one I think it is, I'm not a fan of it anyway...and it seems a bit much.


LaRae
  #296  
Old 12-08-2017, 04:45 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 5,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I thought that was one of Camillas?

If it's the one I think it is, I'm not a fan of it anyway...and it seems a bit much.


LaRae
Camilla's is the Greville honeycomb tiara, which was a favourite of Queen Mum. I'll look for a pic of the Greville greek key tiara. Mrs Greville also had an emerald tiara, which probably was inherited by QEQM, too, but was never seen on a royal lady. How I'd like to go exploring the vault!
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


  #297  
Old 12-08-2017, 04:56 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 9,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Camilla's is the Greville honeycomb tiara, which was a favourite of Queen Mum. I'll look for a pic of the Greville greek key tiara. Mrs Greville also had an emerald tiara, which probably was inherited by QEQM, too, but was never seen on a royal lady. How I'd like to go exploring the vault!
You and me both (ie exploring the vault) ..wouldn't that be amazing???

I tried to find a specific Greville Greek Key Tiara and this Greville and this is all I can get to pull up https://royalwatcherblog.com/2016/08...others-tiaras/ The one down the page.

I found another page with Greek Key Tiaras but while they showed the Meander (Princess Anne's) they don't show another one for the BRF.

I'd love to see a pic!


LaRae
  #298  
Old 12-08-2017, 05:19 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 5,094
Here's a link about the tiara. I forgot that it's more commonly addressed as the double meander tiara. Well both terms, greek key and meander, refer to the same kind of pattern, so I thought about the wrong term. Also, after checking my notes, it is not quite clear that it really is a Greville heirloom. But QEQM loaned it to an exhibition in 1961.
Tiara Mania: Queen Elizabeth of the United Kingdom's Double Meander Tiara

Edit: As you can see, Princess Anne wore it without the feather thingy/aigrette, which made it a bit more contemporary
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


  #299  
Old 12-08-2017, 05:25 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: jersey shore, United States
Posts: 902
I know I’m jumping in here. Stink at posting pics, I just looked up mrs Grenville s jewels. I like the iridescent beetle parure. When you get that vault key give a holler!
  #300  
Old 12-08-2017, 05:32 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 9,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Here's a link about the tiara. I forgot that it's more commonly addressed as the double meander tiara. Well both terms, greek key and meander, refer to the same kind of pattern, so I thought about the wrong term. Also, after checking my notes, it is not quite clear that it really is a Greville heirloom. But QEQM loaned it to an exhibition in 1961.
Tiara Mania: Queen Elizabeth of the United Kingdom's Double Meander Tiara

Edit: As you can see, Princess Anne wore it without the feather thingy/aigrette, which made it a bit more contemporary
Well that is better than the honeycomb but I'd rather see something else on Meghan!

That style is just not my thing.


LaRae
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engagement of Prince Harry of Wales and Meghan Markle: November 27, 2017 JessRulz The Duke and Duchess of Sussex 1354 03-20-2018 07:03 PM
Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara: Suggestions and Musings Duchessmary Royal Jewels General Discussion 1392 04-29-2011 05:52 AM




Popular Tags
baltic republics bonaparte british royal family camilla china christian ix clothes current events dailyfail danish royal family de belgique duchess of cornwall duchess of sussex duchessofsussex duchess of york duke of york earl of snowdon fashion felipe and letizia helena her children history infanta cristina interesting facts interests introduction juan carlos king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander lord snowdon meghan markle modernization northampton norwegian royal family osborn plantagenets porphyria prince prince aymeric prince charles prince daniel prince harry prince harry of wales prince nicholas princess beatrice princesses princess eugenie princess louise princess of belgium queen letizia queen mathilde relationship royal royal ancestry royal ancestry; oscar and sophia royal geneology royal wedding sarah ferguson spain state visit sweden tiara titles uk styles van belgië visit to spain wedding wedding of prince harry windsor castle wivies



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:13 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises