The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which tiara will Meghan Markle wear on her wedding day?
Cartier Halo Scroll Tiara 4 3.45%
Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 5 4.31%
Papyrus Tiara 10 8.62%
Queen Mary's Filigree Bandeau 5 4.31%
Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara 2 1.72%
Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara 6 5.17%
Queen Mary's Lozenge Bandeau 22 18.97%
Queen Mary's Sapphire Bandeau 0 0%
Strathmore Rose Tiara 18 15.52%
Teck Crescent Tiara 9 7.76%
Other tiara with a royal connection, please specify 3 2.59%
Tiara created from other royal jewels (e.g. a converted necklace), please specify 6 5.17%
Antique tiara acquired for her 5 4.31%
New tiara created for her 12 10.34%
No tiara at all (brooches, hair pins, flowers etc.) 9 7.76%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2017, 08:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

I am hoping she wears a BRF tiara. Something we haven't seen in decades would be a nice surprise!

LaRae
Which brings us back to which one ? Much as I am enjoying this discussion, it's after midnight here , and therefore my bedtime !!!.

I shall look forward to reading the rest of the thread later.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hmmm, was hoping for the Spencer but didnt know all the "rules" Their may be something that can be made from other pieces in Diana's collection. Never really know the extent of Royal jewel collections!

Old 12-02-2017, 08:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay View Post
Which brings us back to which one ? Much as I am enjoying this discussion, it's after midnight here , and therefore my bedtime !!!.

I shall look forward to reading the rest of the thread later.
That's the kicker...we don't know what is in the vaults! All we can do is guess about the known ones that aren't being worn by any of the other BRF ladies or the ones the Queen uses. So..not many options, 2 or 3.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Hmmm, was hoping for the Spencer but didnt know all the "rules" Their may be something that can be made from other pieces in Diana's collection. Never really know the extent of Royal jewel collections!
The Spencer tiara belongs to the Spencer family. Earl Spencer is the owner, his wife and daughters can wear that. The earls wive(s) have worn it when they married into the Spencer family.

Meghan is marrying into the Mountbatten-Windsor family. She will either wear a BRF tiara (like Kate did) or the Queen (or Charles) will have one made for her and give it to her as a gift.

LaRae
Old 12-02-2017, 09:37 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
Not a professional photoshopper but I just try

Diamond Lozenge: https://imgur.com/a/KKOmU

Not sure how should I place it so I tried two vers. (btw I think of Mette-Marit's wedding tiara)

Teck Circle: https://imgur.com/a/3pqbT

Reference to Queen Mother's style (more like a halo) (originally what I expect is more like a circlet, but I find it's too difficult to photoshop so I give up, maybe next time)

btw: Meghan you better develop your tiara hair quickly, so difficult to find a suitable look
Nicely done.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:37 PM

Don't think she will wear a tiara, she's a divorceé, so no white wedding dress nor tiara, like Camilla, we already got a message with the wedding venue
Old 12-02-2017, 09:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMahidevran View Post
Don't think she will wear a tiara, she's a divorceé, so no white wedding dress nor tiara, like Camilla, we already got a message with the wedding venue
The days wear divorcees cant wear white are Long over.

The only message we got from the venue is he is a grandson of the monarch and it is a smaller wedding.

Camilla didn't wear a tiara because they had a civil wedding. There was no formal service. As an older bride, it wasn't odd she didn't wear a traditional dress. And a wedding at a civil registrar's office, she wasn't going to have a tiara.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMahidevran View Post
That antiquated custom left the stage a long time ago. This is a religious wedding and she is not only entitled to wear white but a tiara too! Camilla and Charles’ wedding was between an older couple who had committed adulty while married to other people. Completely different situation.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:10 PM
Nobility

I voted for Queen Mary's filigree tiara. Bandeau style tiaras suit Meghan's style. For a grander event like a state visit I see Meghan in the Persian Turquoise parure that the queen puts on permanent loan.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:19 PM
Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Modern Sapphire Tiara

This is a tiara I really like and it would be so cool to see Meghan wear it ...very unlikely for a wedding...and perhaps never since it seems to be a 'Queen' tiara, at least for now.

There's a few others she would look smashing in as well.

LaRae
Old 12-02-2017, 10:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Modern Sapphire Tiara

This is a tiara I really like and it would be so cool to see Meghan wear it ...very unlikely for a wedding...and perhaps never since it seems to be a 'Queen' tiara, at least for now.

LaRae
LaRae, I love that tiara but then sapphires are my favorite gem stones. It is a substantial tiara and you are right it wouldn’t be appropriate for a wedding. To be honest I have always seen that tiara for Kate since she has a few of Diana’s sapphires and her ring. Jmo of course.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
LaRae, I love that tiara but then sapphires are my favorite gem stones. It is a substantial tiara and you are right it wouldn’t be appropriate for a wedding. To be honest I have always seen that tiara for Kate since she has a few of Diana’s sapphires and her ring. Jmo of course.
There are currently multiple women in the BRF that wear Sapphires...seems like it's a favorite stone!

It's very unlikely we will ever see Meghan wearing the 'Queen' tiaras. Some of the tiaras seem to be reserved for the Queen's use only. Of course, once she is the Queen, Camilla could throw the tiara vault open and say take your pick! For now Meghan and Kate will only have access to certain ones and really they only have about 3 tiara events per year, maybe 4.

LaRae
Old 12-02-2017, 11:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
There are currently multiple women in the BRF that wear Sapphires...seems like it's a favorite stone!

It's very unlikely we will ever see Meghan wearing the 'Queen' tiaras. Some of the tiaras seem to be reserved for the Queen's use only. Of course, once she is the Queen, Camilla could throw the tiara vault open and say take your pick! For now Meghan and Kate will only have access to certain ones and really they only have about 3 tiara events per year, maybe 4.

LaRae
As is the right of her Magesty to hoard the best. we shall see What happens when Camilla has full access to this treasure. I think some pieces will be retired for quite some time out of respect for the Queen. At least until Kate becomes Queen Consort.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:46 AM
Heir Apparent

What tiaras are feasible?
Rule out the Spencer.
Rule out the ones the Queen favors.
Rule out any with colored stones.
Rule out any in the possession of other Royal women.

So then, what is left for Meghan?
Old 12-03-2017, 04:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
I voted other, and I'd like to see her wear the Queen Mother's bracelet bandeau with the rubies as the middle strand.

Reader Mailbag: The Queen Mother's Bandeau | The Court Jeweller

Close view of three bracelets in the bandeau frame:
Photobucket

ETA: I really hope they *don't* choose the teck crescent, unless it's broken up and used to create a new tiara for Meghan. I personally think it's not at all attractive.

With that said, I also agree that the Teck Circle tiara is gorgeous.
The Queen Mother's Bandeau is one of my favorite pieces and I'd love to see Meghan wear it but not as a wedding "tiara". It's a little too underwhelming for such an occasion, in my opinion.

If had to choose between the Teck Crescent and Circle, then I'm choosing the Crescent. The Circle necklace just doesn't work for me as a tiara.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Circle owned by the current Earl of Snowden (David Linley).

LaRae
Earl of Snowdon (David Armstrong-Jones).
Charles Armstrong-Jones is the current Viscount Linley.
;-)
Old 12-03-2017, 04:49 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
That is a great job!! Will you photoshop the Strathmore Rose so we can see what that would look like?
There you are! https://imgur.com/a/tJkDS
(Little adjustment for color of the tiara is made.)

Also photoshopped the Teck Crescent: https://imgur.com/a/QAuWL
OT: the second one is an extra, her dress goes so well with the Crescent!

Refuse to give it up so I try another style for Teck Circle :https://imgur.com/a/DkJqb
(Added some volume for her hair.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Rule out the Spencer.

These who are buried in the vault We never know what happened to these unseen tiaras unless they appear in auction market/somebody's head/etc. So I would assume they are at somewhere of the palace (and just unluckily nobody wants to wear them). (Or just let me keep the hope that these beautiful pieces are still there )

Actually I am not sure purchasing a tiara will be a good option. I mean we, of course, want to see a new tiara, but will the general public, especially the republican/antimonarchist, think it is an appropriate thing to do so?
Old 12-03-2017, 04:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:

LaRae
If there is any prize for most ugly sapphire diadem, then with overwhelming ease it would go to this one. Good heavens, how is it possible that such glorious stones can result in such a monstrosity? The same counts for the Brazilean Aquamarines Diadem and the Burmese Ruby Diadem. All these three have been re-designed in such a clumsy way that surely honours the adagium: "Taste is in the eye of the beholder".

If this was done on instructions by HM: then eh.... She did not inherit Prince Albert's talent, I am afraid. The only sapphire diadem in the British collection which was an absolute feast for the eye was Prince Albert's sapphire coronet (sadly sold by the Earl of Harewood). Of course there are absolutely beautiful diadems as well: the Girls, the King George IV State Diadem comes to mind. Unbeatable stunners.
;-)
Old 12-03-2017, 04:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Rule out the Spencer.

Only ones actually have to rule out are:
-ones owned by people other then the royal family: Spencer, Linley
-ones only the queen wears like Girls
-ones we KNOW belong to another royal like the dubar or greek key. Or Sophie's wedding tiara. I wouldn't rule out the Lotus simply as it was worn Kate for an occasion. No reason to believe given to her, simply loaned, and she now seems to wear the lovers knott.

That leaves plenty
-lozenge tiara
-queen mother's diamond bracelet tiara
-sapphire bandeau tiara
-lotus tiara

To name a few, not to mention as suggested, making or buying a new one.
Old 12-03-2017, 05:04 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
There you are! https://imgur.com/a/tJkDS
(Little adjustment for color of the tiara is made.)

Also photoshopped the Teck Crescent: https://imgur.com/a/QAuWL
OT: the second one is an extra, her dress goes so well with the Crescent!

Refuse to give it up so I try another style for Teck Circle :https://imgur.com/a/DkJqb
(Added some volume for her hair.)
Oh wow, that second image of her in the Crescent is my favorite thus far. Looks quite beautiful on her, even as a photoshopped image. I had the Lonzenge as my first choice but the Crescent is threatening to replace it.
Old 12-03-2017, 06:21 AM
Nobility

Good Morning . I agree the second photo of the Crescent looks good . Not keen on the Strathmore Rose, now I have seen it photo shopped .