Meghan Markle: Future Tiaras and Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Duchessmary do you mean the Queen Mum's Sapphire Brooch Necklace? I'm not sure if that went back to the BRF or to her sons. It was given to Diana early in the marriage so I assume it was a gift...but sometimes they are just lifetime loan type of gifts so they don't go out of the family.

LaRae

see her in Diana's pearl and sapphire choker.

*All in good time*, I think we shall ! I do hope she's not tempted to break it up.. if ever a there was a 'mean't to be piece created this was it.. Besides what use would the Sapphire be otherwise ? Young Women seem to eschew Brooches now, and if a Pendant were made it would [imo] be a sad diminution of the piece.

The Dehli Durbar is such a monster tiara that I think even Camilla found it a bit much even with her hair, which tends to support tiara-wearing pretty easily.

Is it really not done to have colored stones in a bridal tiara? I'm one of those that think sapphires would look terrific on Meghan. (just like I would love amethysts on Sophie and emeralds on Kate.) The wedding gown and tiara talk is so much fun---it's like playing grown-up paper dolls.?

I've not seen any pics of Meghan wearing colored stones...so we don't know if she likes any. So far i've only seen pics of her in yellow gold, diamonds and opals (the other day).

She would look wonderful in the Sapphire Bandeau Tiara ...just doubtful she'd wear it at the wedding.

LaRae

The Cambridge emeralds would also look great on her. :D

Which piece? They've been made into necklaces, brooches etc. I don't remember a tiara/crown?

LaRae

The only tiara they are part of is the Vladimir tiara, which can have pearl or emerald drops. It seems unlikely Meghan will receive this tiara as the Queen still wears it.

The only tiara they are part of is the Vladimir tiara, which can have pearl or emerald drops. It seems unlikely Meghan will receive this tiara as the Queen still wears it.

Ok..I thought I missed a whole emerald tiara!

Right not likely we'll ever see her in that. When's the last time the Queen wore it (with emeralds)..anyone know?

LaRae

Aptly, during the Irish State visit..in 2014.

Some of the Cambridge emeralds are in a choker Queen Mary hade made. That choker was given to Diana, Princess of Wales after her wedding. She wore it quite a few times, and also memorably as a headband once or twice. It is often said that it was returned to the Queen after Diana's death. It hasn't been seen on anyone since. So it's possible that it may be used by Meghan someday. Here's a picture of Diana wearing it.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/df/1a/13/df1a13c3a9ae9364c581eb841c5483a1.jpg

That's the thing...some of these items were they gifts or were they just loans. We know in some cases we don't in others.

LaRae

It's still not clear after all these years. It's been said that the jewels from the Queen, Queen Mother, etc...were loans, or were outright gifts. That they were given back to the Queen at her Diana's death, or that they were given to the Queen to hold until William or Harry wanted them.

But I'd make a guess that those jewels were given to Diana, and when she died, the Queen had them stored until her grandsons wanted them back. I use the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara as a reason why I feel that way. If that tiara wasn't inherited by William and Harry, then I think Catherine would not be wearing it these days. Just my opinion.

Might Queen Elizabeth II loan the Ladies of Devonshire Earrings to Meghan?

Doesn't the Queen wear them a lot?

LaRae

It's still not clear after all these years. It's been said that the jewels from the Queen, Queen Mother, etc...were loans, or were outright gifts. That they were given back to the Queen at her Diana's death, or that they were given to the Queen to hold until William or Harry wanted them.

But I'd make a guess that those jewels were given to Diana, and when she died, the Queen had them stored until her grandsons wanted them back. I use the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara as a reason why I feel that way. If that tiara wasn't inherited by William and Harry, then I think Catherine would not be wearing it these days. Just my opinion.
I believe the Cambridge Lover’s Knot was in fact a lifetime loan to Diana. It’s still part of the royal collection. I’m pretty certain the emerald choker is as well. However, there is still a chance we will see it again on either Kate or Meghan. The Queen can loan them out at her discretion. I believe we might still see some notable Diana pieces from the vault (I don’t believe they were that many as the marriage was in trouble from pretty early on) on her daughter in law and daughter in law to be. The boys seem to like to incorporate their mother’s jewelry into jewelry for their wife/wife to be. I’m sure there are also more personal pieces from Diana’s collection that we haven’t seen on Kate and we will eventually see on Meghan.

I have said this on another topic but my belief is that she may have a tiara created for her as a wedding gift from Harry. Potentially reworking a necklace inherited from Diana, Princess of Wales estate. A few necklaces that may be a bit dated but could be reworked are the Sultan of Oman, the ruby and diamond tassel necklace or the diamond ribbed collar or a combo of a few.

For reference.
http://www.dianasjewels.net/diamondnecklaces.html

This way she gets her own tiara to wear and pass down to her heirs and the taxpayers can't complain because it is part of Harry and William's private inheritance. I think that over time we will see her in a lot of jewels from Diana's estate.

I have said this on another topic but my belief is that she may have a tiara created for her as a wedding gift from Harry. Potentially reworking a necklace inherited from Diana, Princess of Wales estate. A few necklaces that may be a bit dated but could be reworked are the Sultan of Oman, the ruby and diamond tassel necklace or the diamond ribbed collar or a combo of a few.

For reference.
http://www.dianasjewels.net/diamondnecklaces.html

This way she gets her own tiara to wear and pass down to her heirs and the taxpayers can't complain because it is part of Harry and William's private inheritance. I think that over time we will see her in a lot of jewels from Diana's estate.

It depends if any of those were 'personal gifts'. The ones that were given on a tour, may have been Diana's for her use, but they would belong to state. We don't know which of those jewels you mention may actually be Diana's. It also takes quite a bit of money to rework a tiara.

Harry is not personally rich. Unless he wants to lose his income. It is more likely if she gets a new tiara, will be a gift from the queen or Charles.

Not sure she will get new. There will be question if she is really accepted if no family piece. Besides the BRF knows all too well, that tiaras in junior branches often get lost. In a generation or two, the tiara wont be needed, and may be sold off for inheritance taxes as many have. Harry's children, and grandchildren quite likely, will likely be loaned a tiara from Grandpa Charles, Uncle William or cousin George when or if needed.

It depends if any of those were 'personal gifts'. The ones that were given on a tour, may have been Diana's for her use, but they would belong to state. We don't know which of those jewels you mention may actually be Diana's. It also takes quite a bit of money to rework a tiara.

Harry is not personally rich. Unless he wants to lose his income. It is more likely if she gets a new tiara, will be a gift from the queen or Charles.

Not sure she will get new. There will be question if she is really accepted if no family piece. Besides the BRF knows all too well, that tiaras in junior branches often get lost. In a generation or two, the tiara wont be needed, and may be sold off for inheritance taxes as many have. Harry's children, and grandchildren quite likely, will likely be loaned a tiara from Grandpa Charles, Uncle William or cousin George when or if needed.

If Diana's jewels were given to the state they would have been noted.

The jewels that she received as wedding gifts were noted and were her personal property and were a part of her estate. I am not aware of the jewels that were given on tour but would like to know more. Please elaborate.

It takes less money to rework a tiara than buy a new one considering that the bulk of the cost is based on gemstones and metals, no?

My understanding is that Harry inherited half of his mother's estate. Please provide links to your sources citing that Harry is not 'personally rich'?

:previous: I didn't say he wasn't rich, I said he had money if he wants to lose his income. There is a difference. How does Harry fund his lifestyle???? By the interest from his inheritance from his mother. If he uses that money to buy jewels, and a house as some suggest, what is he going to live off of? The money he gets from the queen is for his staff. Is he going to rely on his dad and brother? Or perhaps live off an army pension? I highly doubt it.

Of course it would be less money to re-work old jewels. My point is it still Costs money. As you put it:

Tax payers going to complain about any cost.

Its not a question of two options: buying a new one vs reworking old jewels. There is a third very practical option. Using one of the countless tiaras that are owned by the family.

Diana, like any royals, received gifts when they went on tour. The jewels she received for her wedding would have been personal pieces (and yes her personal pieces were split between her sons). Many jewels received by any royal member that are given as an 'official gift' belong to the royal collection. This collection passes from monarch to monarch. While they may officially wear the items for years, many of the jewels like Diana and Camilla have received would be considered 'official gifts' from tours, so the actual ownership of such pieces is questionable.

IIRC Harry and his brother (and their cousins) rec'd money when the Queen Mother died as well.

It's not just Diana's money they have. Of course Charles will step in if needed to make a big purchase.

LaRae

Of course he largely lives off his father. and the jewels Diana got as presents would go to the Royal collection, not for her personally unless they were specifically given to her "personally".
He is unlikely to buy a house himself, it will come from the RF...

:previous:
Diana, like any royals, received gifts when they went on tour. The jewels she received for her wedding would have been personal pieces (and yes her personal pieces were split between her sons). Many jewels received by any royal member that are given as an 'official gift' belong to the royal collection. This collection passes from monarch to monarch. While they may officially wear the items for years, many of the jewels like Diana and Camilla have received would be considered 'official gifts' from tours, so the actual ownership of such pieces is questionable.
At the time Diana received jewels on tour, they did belong to her personally. The rule that official gifts would be available to the giftee for life but legally belong to the royal collection did not come into place until after Charles and Camilla married in 2005. I remember the DF making a big fuss about the Middle Eastern jewelry Camilla received in 2006 (the emerald, sapphire, and ruby parures specifically) once she began wearing it, and it was after that that the new "rule" was put into place.

Of course he largely lives off his father. and the jewels Diana got as presents would go to the Royal collection, not for her personally unless they were specifically given to her "personally".
He is unlikely to buy a house himself, it will come from the RF...

The boys inherited all of Diana's personal jewelry, which is a considerable amount.

LaRae

Catherine has worn a bracelet made from one of Queen Mary's chokers. I wonder if one of those could be made into a bandeau tiara for Meghan.

Catherine has worn a bracelet made from one of Queen Mary's chokers. I wonder if one of those could be made into a bandeau tiara for Meghan.

Yes, the queen mother wore the bracelet as well :flowers:

There are a number of jewels in the vaults likely which could be turned into a tiara if they chose not to give her one they already have.

Tiara for Meghan

i have read that because Meghan, soon to be the wife of Prince Harry, who is ONLY a grandson, NOT a son of the Queen, nor the future King like his brother William, if ever at a state dinner Meghan would NOT be allowed a tiara . . . is this so?

Last edited:
i have read that because Meghan will be the wife of Prince Harry soon if ever at a state dinner she would NOT be allowed a tiara simply because she will be Harry's wife who is only the 'grandson' and NOT the future King like his brother William . . . is this so?

That's rubbish. Where on earth did you read that nonsense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom