Máxima's Inauguration Tiara

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What tiara do you think that Princess Máxima will wear at the inauguration ceremony?

• Stuart tiara

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • Württemberg pearl tiara

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Mellerio Sapphire tiara

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Mellerio Ruby tiara

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Peacock Ruby tiara

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Pearl Button tiara

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • Diamond bandeau

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Queen Emma's floral tiara

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Antique Pearl tiara

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • No tiara

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Queen Maxima is wearing the Mellerio Sapphire tiara! :flowers:

Last edited:
Wow, what a great look - what a HUGE Tiara - we simply did only see the upper half in Beatrix hairdo´s - but now it shows it´s splendour in the fullest glance!!!!
BYe Bine

I was so hoping to see the sapphire tiara and check out that brooch.....youzza!!!!!!!I really couldn't be more thrilled with her jewelry choices unless I were there wearing a big ol tiara myself!

What a phenomenal tiara and the brooch and earrings don't disappoint, either!

Well we have always said that Maxima was the most magnificent magpie but I was absolutely gob smacked by how truly beautiful that tiara is. I have seen it many times and was totally underwhelmed by it. Allowing it to stand proud in the light made it look both delicate and "heavyweight/big gun" and matching it with the earrings and brooch, not to mention the divine colour of the dress.

Wow! For such an animated and flamboyant Crown Princess, Maxima looked absolutely impeccable both morning and afternoon. Her beautiful soft morning dress, while flattering, allowed Queen, and then Princess, Beatrix to shine throughout the ceremony and on the balcony, fooling us into thinking she might go "conservative". What were we thinking? With impeccable timing she saved the home run for the afternoon. . . and what an absolute show stopper that was. Have the Dutch got a Queen with Gravitas or not!

Beautiful, breathtaking and amazing tiara for a stunning Queen.

One of my Dutch Favourites,the Mellerio Sapphire Tiara was a perfect choice for today's ceremony and for a Queen.

It's like the Fife Tiara with a pinch of sapphire thrown in!

I'd like to say that Queen Silvia's massive Leuchtenberg tiara of diamonds and sapphires is its counterpart.

Last edited:
The tiara looks great on Queen Máxima. Removing the upper diamonds was a good choice.

Last edited:
The tiara look great on Queen Máxima. Removing the upper diamonds was a good choice.
Is any photo wher we can see the before and after of the tiara?

I loved today's tiara. I think it was a great choices that worked very well with her outfit.

Love it, love it LOVE IT...sorry, couldn't contain my excitement!

oh, did I tell you that I love that it!? ahhh:wub:

:previous: My sentiments exactly! :flowers:

I think replacing the somewhat "fussy" central aigrette/diamond "plumage" with one central higher large diamond was a stroke of genius. Now it suits Maxima's style and stature. We always knew she could pull off the "big guns" but if it wasn't already, she's turned this into a virtual howitzer! :cool:

I just cannot post enough times on multiple threads -- Maxima was born to this role. She looked beyond STUNNING today!

I just loved how the sapphire tiara set the color for the whole family- it was so touching to see King Willem-Alexander surrounded by a queen consort, a mother and daughters all in that sapphire blue. Quite symbolic, really.

I loved her choice of tiara. It's simply breathtaking. The brooch is also stunning. Maxima looked amazing.

The tiara was the perfect choice to go with her dress.
I wonder what was decided first: finding a tiara to go with the dress or create a dress to go with the tiara.

So is it now only 4 tiara's of the collecion that she hasn't worn? Wurtemberg, Stuart, laurel wreath and ears of weath?

Last edited:
My guess is that they decided on the colour, royal blue, very befitting for the occasion. Having a matching tiara available is certainly a bonus, but Maxima could have stunned with other diamond bling as well.

I am still stunned by the perfection of appearance during the events.

It's like the Fife Tiara with a pinch of sapphire thrown in!

nods nods nods nods

I loved her look. Head to toe, she was every inch a Queen.

Congratulations to King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima!

Back
Top Bottom