The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-15-2009, 04:09 AM
Administrator

I think people are underestimating Queen Margrethe's quirky sense of humour and the joke is on those who are taking it far too seriously.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
I think people are underestimating Queen Margrethe's quirky sense of humour and the joke is on those who are taking it far too seriously.
Depsite our collective sense of humour failure on TRF, IMO the poppies are really UGLY!

Old 01-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Royal Highness

Well, with Margrethe's artistic abilities I wouldn't be surprised if she was just expressing herself with those things--but I do think that used in moderation (like one or two) that they are successful.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 01-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Well, with Margrethe's artistic abilities I wouldn't be surprised if she was just expressing herself with those things--but I do think that used in moderation (like one or two) that they are successful.
I don't have a problm with one or two - they could actually look quite nice, but try as I may, the lot of them together are really not up my street!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:19 AM
Royal Highness

I hope QM continues using them as they are quirky and in a strange sort of way they seem to suit her. I only hope it doesn't rain next time she has them on...
Old 01-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

That would be terrible Jack, something like the old permanent waves when hair got frazzled but on purpose. ...
It might be safer to wear only one at a time......
Old 01-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Aristocracy

My God can there be a sadder lot of people than all of us... spending our time wittering online about a rich Danish woman's hair clips.

Don't misunderstand me... it's fabulous. But really... do we all need therapy?

Or perhaps just some poppy hair clips of our own to keep us happy?!
Old 01-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think I'll decline the poppy hair clips, James. I can think of lots of things to keep me happy and that isn't one of them! Now as to therapy, that is interesting..... :-)
Old 01-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Aristocracy

Don't knock it till you've tried it!
Old 01-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Such silly fun. Wish I did have some questionable poppy hair clips to fuss over. Along with the rest of the royal collection. I would get no work done, I would walk around the house all day changing out my jewels. (I read somewhere that Ari Onassis sisters did just that) Their maids would lay out all there jewels on the bed in the morning and they would choose. My family would all be looking for me, and I would be down in the royal vaults somewhere with a bottle of wine covered in sparkle!!
Old 01-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

You can keep the silly poppies but give me the combinations to the 'Vaults' with all of the Real jewels!! I mean the Diamonds, sapphires, rubies, emeralds, and on and on!!! I'm with Rubies with her post !! Watch out Rubies, I'm right behind you... :-)
Old 01-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Please donlt think I'm nuts but I remember reading an article about five or six years ago in Hello! magazine about these golden poppies - I think QM was on a state visit to an eastern European country. Well, the article mentioned that the flowers were in actual fact illuminated with little lights inside them! I'm happy to contact Hello! to verify the story.
Does anyone remember the wedding of Alice and Hugo on The Vicar of Dibley? What about Alice's headpiece that lit up? Shades of HM!!
Old 01-26-2009, 09:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Such silly fun. . . . . . My family would all be looking for me, and I would be down in the royal vaults somewhere with a bottle of wine covered in sparkle!!
Rubies you rock! No pun intended. That is a mental image to carry for a while and chortle to oneself about. Of course the fact that everyone else thinks you're barking is yet more to laugh at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James in London
But really... do we all need therapy?
Unquestionably. Lots and lots more jewels to drool over!
Old 02-02-2009, 05:29 AM

All as I can say on this topic is that Queen Margrethe must take complete leave of her senses when she puts on those hideous, vile poppies, every time I see them I feel sick

God Save The Queen!

Old 03-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Courtier

I'd like to see the golden poppies again.

In fact, I'd like to see them on the Crown Princess.

Don't underestimate Mary; I bet she could make them work. Maybe she will someday.

Wishful thinking?
Old 03-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't doubt it at all! However, Mary would have to have her hair-dresser take a look at Queen Silvia of Sweden to see how it's done. Silvia is the only one that is able to weave jewels in her hair and make them look spectacular... so far.
However, I can think of so many other beautiful jewels that Mary could wear. Heaven knows, she could use some!!
Old 03-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
I don't doubt it at all! However, Mary would have to have her hair-dresser take a look at Queen Silvia of Sweden to see how it's done. Silvia is the only one that is able to weave jewels in her hair and make them look spectacular... so far.
However, I can think of so many other beautiful jewels that Mary could wear. Heaven knows, she could use some!!
ummm i don´t think that even Queen Silvia could do something good with those poppies. But i don´t think we would have to worry about that - she has better taste then to ever try .

I can´t imagen anyone then Queen Margerethe to pull them off, not that she always does but
Old 03-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

You are sooo correct! I was really just kidding. CP Mary has such impeccable taste that she wouldn't even bother to mess with the "Poppies"! She Does really need some other beautiful jewels to wear, however.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
You are sooo correct! I was really just kidding. CP Mary has such impeccable taste that she wouldn't even bother to mess with the "Poppies"! She Does really need some other beautiful jewels to wear, however.
I couldn't agree more--about Princess Mary. She needs more jewels--and while I think Marie is lovely, I am irritated that I don't get to see Mary in that tiara--she would look amazing in it.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 03-16-2009, 11:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh, Oh, Oh. I couldn't agree more! I dislike repeating someone's posts, but I can't think of anything better to say! Poor Mary with that pathetic wedding tiara... It doesn't even remotely sparkle. It reminds me of stainless steel! She IS the CP and needs at the very least, another Tiara!!