The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Nobility

I have a real problem with that thing being considered a tiara. Are we sure that's really what it is? I think Janet is closer to the mark with her "hideous hair net" description. Thanks for that, Janet. Its purrrrrr-fect!

Cat

Old 03-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Royal Highness

Some people look better in yellow gold, some people look better in white gold/metals. QM2 is definately a white metal girl! That's the first thing that hits me when I look at that photo - gold is not her color! Then I can get into the ugliness of the design!

Old 03-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Royal Highness

It is, in a word, hideous. The hairstyle doesn't help, either.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 03-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Royal Highness

Was the piece meant to worn that way? When was it made? It is a garish colored gold--do you know what I mean? Almost that costume jewelry gold from the fifties--I just don't see how she could look in the mirror on the way to an event and say "I look so good in this" I mean really--is that flattering to anyone?
And don't even get me started on the tentacular earring! (I don't know if that is word, but they remind me of tentacles)---YUCK-O-RAMA.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 03-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh that's truly ugly! Poor Margarethe.

But perhaps she was on her way to a fancy dress ball.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Heir Apparent

You have to give credit where credit is due, though...

If there's any sovereign lady who can pull such an interesting suite off, then surely it's Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II. Both her height and command enable her to wear this catastrophe and make it look really quite functional. Not necessarily attractive, though functional it is.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 03-05-2008, 01:27 AM
Heir Apparent

I really dislike that head piece...tiara. I'm sorry, it's just so... Vegas circa 1976.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Royal Highness

The only thing missing is a trapeze
It really is bad, but like Madame Royale said, Margareth wears it well (even if it is hideous) and she really does possess the command and poise to wear it.
However, I vastly prefer HM in other pieces

Old 03-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Courtier

Oh God, one of my jokes, one of my idiotic insanities has come back to haunt me again. This is what happens when I go off my drugs-ie chocolate-for any length of time. I get these insane ideas and offf we go into the whacky garish blue yonder.

Yes, I must 'fess up, I done it. I suggested that the poppy horror-all of it be plopped upon the noble, decent and much respected person of Princess Lillian and that the scarab abomination with pearls from oysters with upset digestive tracts be slopped onto the magnificent Margerethe II and at the very least I deserve to be thrown in if not under the Tower as a result of it. I have not yet aroused the wrath of the powers that be, but after those pictures appear on the internet I may have to leave the planet. Cheers.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
the winner for me still are the golden poppies of the Queen of Denmark.
Gosh, I completely forgot about Margrethe's golden poppies!
This must be a typical sase of repression.

There are no words to describe the poppies.. well yes. There is one : pug-ugly!!!!:w00t2:

Old 01-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Majesty

I also vote for the golden poppies tiara.
but i would like to see a close up photo of them. I tried to find but had no luck.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I have completely forgotten what the golden poppies even look like!! Any size photos would be much appreciated by me!
Old 01-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

okay, are you sure you really want to see it?

Watch out!
(Protect your eyes )
http://i42.tinypic.com/1zd1xfd.jpg
IBL

:w00t2::w00t2::w00t2:

Old 01-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Why you do that HM ?!!!! Why?!!!:w00t2:
Old 01-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Good grief!!!! You weren't kidding!! That's a tiara?? It's a humdinger alright. And she even has matching earrings.... And to think that people on this board are saying that the Cameo tiara is ugly?!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's, errhhh, it's - well you know, it's not - hmmm, a tiara! It's - errrhhhhh................
Whatever IT is, IT has lights. You can switch IT on. The lights are inside the golden blossoms of IT, that's why IT gleams. No, I'm not joking.
Queen Margrethe wasn't enjoying too much of her husband's wine when she got IT, though. It's just that both she and her husband are true eccentrics with a very unique sense of humor. I have no idea if the joke is on them or on us here, though.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Aristocracy

I sat here wondering for quite some time what exactly was in the minds of a) the designer and b) QMII with this monstronsity. And then I got tired, gave up and went for a snooze. However, giant golden poppies kept assaulting me in a horrible nightmare. It is a corker that's for sure. Pity really, as Margrethe can get away with slightly wacky, but this is just, well, weird.

Again, it just goes to show, you can't beat a good bit of classic tiara-age (I'm thinking pre about 1935...)
Old 01-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Well I have to believe you, Boris, as you definately Never joke about such serious matters. My only guestion is... where does QM keep the batteries to operate IT so IT gleams so brightly??
Old 01-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I do wish I knew, udyusa... but then, coming to think of it - no, I don't!
Maybe some poor little glow-worms are working overtime inside those golden poppies.
When they're worn out, Margrethe has to go home. Who knows, maybe she couldn't care less... after all she's a fur lover, too.
Maybe some electrician poster can solve the riddle. Or the poppy designer's brother, who happens to own a glow-worm farm.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Boris, You have to know that these posts of ours will be deleted for being inconsequential, don't you? But it IS soo much fun to get so many laughs as you Truly are one of a kind when it comes to witty and amusing posts!!!!