The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which is your favourite Swedish tiara?
Amethyst Tiara 2 3.64%
Aquamarine Bandeau 0 0%
Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara 0 0%
Baden Fringe Tiara 6 10.91%
Braganza Tiara 10 18.18%
Cameo Tiara 2 3.64%
Connaught Diamond Tiara 13 23.64%
Four Button Tiara 1 1.82%
Large Cut Steel Tiara 1 1.82%
Leuchtenberg Saphire Tiara 12 21.82%
Laurel Wreath Tiara 2 3.64%
Modern Fringe Tiara 3 5.45%
Nine Prongs Tiara 3 5.45%
Ruby Tiara 0 0%
Six Button Tiara 0 0%
Small Cut Steel Tiara 0 0%
Small Sapphire Tiara 0 0%
Other tiara (please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2015, 10:59 AM
Courtier

Call me controversial but I love the nine pronged tiaria

Old 08-07-2015, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I won't call you anything! But indeed the prongs tiara is not exactly among my favourites. But Queen Silvia might agree with you, she wears it so often that she must really love it.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:15 AM
Courtier

I wouldn't say no to any of them and thank you for your non-judgmental attitude, I appreciate it immensely.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Favourite Swedish Tiara

Only one!?!

Whhhyyyyy??? Oh the sheer torture of this poll!!

Usually I can easily pick a choice in a Poll thread, but not this time. This will require serious thought before making a choice.

Sigh...The Swedish Royal Ladies truly are lucky to have such an incredible collection at their disposal, aren't they? Oh and count me among those who love Sofia's new tiara. Beautiful piece, great size for both her and role in The SRF and it's not all diamonds. The Emeralds really give it a nice punch of colour and interest, while at the same time doesn't overpower the look of the Tiara. Wonder if they're detachable?

Anyway, at the least there's my thoughts on the newest member of the Collection. . I will be back once I make up my mind.

That could be awhile...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-08-2015, 03:46 AM
Aristocracy

I love the Four Button Tiara best.

My other favourites are the Aquamarine Kokoshnik and the Braganza.
The Large Cut Steel has a lovely 1920s aura and I like the unique quality of the Cameo for royal brides.

All are gorgeous!
Old 08-08-2015, 06:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
I love the Four Button Tiara best.

My other favourites are the Aquamarine Kokoshnik and the Braganza.
The Large Cut Steel has a lovely 1920s aura and I like the unique quality of the Cameo for royal brides.

All are gorgeous!
. There is something about the cut steel ones I like, its as though the metal allows the talents and skills of the craftsman to shine through.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:10 AM
Heir Apparent

For me i don't know i think the cut steel large and smal are the worst.
And something else i think the ruby and the laurel wreath is the tiaras less wore from the swedish royals if i'm not make mistake.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Laurel one... but my favourite wasn't there it's Sofia's !
Old 08-28-2016, 11:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the Connaught Tiara which was a wedding present to Princess Margaret of Connaught from her parents, the Duke and Duchess of Connaught, when she married Prince Gustav Adolf of Sweden.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:11 AM
Heir Apparent

I adore coloured stones but I'm going to go against my inclinations which is the Leuchtenburg Sapphire (love it on Queen Sylvia) and vote for the Baden fringe which goes with everything, gown-wise.

And that is the only thing I really have against Sofia's emerald tiara, sweet though it is. To look her best she has to confine herself to green or neutral shades in gowns when wearing it, as it doesn't really go with blues, reds etc.

As for the cameo, appreciative as I am of the great historical significance of this piece, I do think it takes a special sort of gal to carry it off. Queen Sylvia and Crown Princess Victoria looked great. However, perhaps Princess Madeleine was wise to wear something else on her wedding day.
Old 08-29-2016, 04:35 AM
Courtier

I very much like the Leuchtenburg tiara and Sofias wedding tiara, but I didn't vote for them, because of the coloured stones they're limited to just a few dress/gown colours.

I voted for the Connaugh tiara. It's always been my favourite and I had high hopes it would have been Sofias wedding tiara. I would so love to see her wearing it sometime. Maybe she does so at the nobles this year?

And I know this wasn't asked, but my least favourite tiaras are the fringe tiaras. They are just plain boring IMO. And the aquamarine handbag ... I don't really count it as a tiara. A nice headband yes, but a tiara. Sorry, not to me.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:36 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I usually preferthe 'go big or go home' tiaras, so I went with the Bragança tiara. The Leuchtenburg sapphires come as a close second.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:04 PM
Majesty

The Aquamarine kokoshnik tiara is very beautiful. I would love if Victoria wore it, along with the Modern Fringe tiara.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Aquamarine is one of my favorites. I actually would rather it continue on Madeleine. As the heir Victoria will have the queen ones one day. It looks amazing on Maddie and we'd likely see it more.

Connaught is absolute
Kokoshnik
laurel
sapphire (L)
amethyst
ruby
baden
braganca
cameo
modern
9 prong
both button
both cut steel

I am not a fan of the starter ones, the sapphire or Madeleine's cyclops. I really don't like Sofia's, reminds me of spearmint candies.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Interesting, as of right now the Connaught and the Leuchtenberg are tied.

My favorite is the Connaught.

LaRae