Favourite Royal Tiaras 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that the tiara Sarah, DoY received for her wedding is really a nice piece.
Diamond Tiara, c. 1890 pictures from history photos on webshots#
I do hope, one of the York girls will wear it in the future - if not, maybe their Grandmother can help out with something?
It is really a shame that the young generation is not a fan of tiaras - I could not wait to wear one - but I am a true tiaraholic :lol:

Her Majesty wears this tiara quite often, but her favored tiara is Girls of Great Britain and Ireland because it's a lighter weight tiara.:)

I meant she doesn't wear it with the white pearls to often, she wears it more with the emeralds.:)

My favorite tiara is the one that Mary of Denmark wears (in my avatar). Does anyone know if it has a name? I would love to see Catherine receive something similar. I love the design.

I also find myself really loving this aquamarine tiara.

Mary's ruby tiara is part of the ruby parure that Queen Ingrid left to Frederik after her death. The Aquamarine tiara of Queen Elizabeth is made from gems given as a gift from Brazil. This tiara is a remake from the originally styled tiara. A lot of people don't like it, but it's really grown on me as has the Burmese Ruby tiara.:)

I love the idea of a tiara with some color and the Mary's and the aquamarine tiara both fit the bill nicely.

It amazes me how rubies can have a different shade of red. Mary's tiara seems to be more towards the purple side than does Sarah Ferguson's ruby engagement ring.

I love the spencer and cambridge tiara.

My favorites

1.Russian Kokoshnik tiara

2.Girls of Great Britain and Ireland

3.Cambridge Lovers

4.Queen Victorias sapphire tiara

5.Spencer tiara

Does anyone know if the Spencer tiara was made for Diana for her wedding or has it been around for a long time?

It may be a surprise choice for some, but I really do love Princess Charlene's diamond foam tiara due to its unusual design, but I find it to be quite a nice change from a traditional tiara shape :)

The stones are just magnificent, but the construction of the tiara not so much. I can understand how it got its unwieldy description. Perhaps if the top tier were removed it might look better.

The stones are just magnificent, but the construction of the tiara not so much. I can understand how it got its unwieldy description. Perhaps if the top tier were removed it might look better.

I'm picturing it without the top and it would be lovely. As unwieldy as they might be I'm partial to pyramid shaped tiaras(not sure how else to describe them).

My avatar is my favorite tiara. I adore pearls!

:previous:The magnificent Russian Vladimir tiara, right? I'm a pearl girl myself, so I share your adoration.

I wouldn't mind having them either:) But I think I got a new favourite - the Fife tiara. It is just breathtakingly beautiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of the Swedish Cut Steel Tiara but the rest are all wonderful!

Can anyone tell me which tiara Princess Alexandra is wearing in the photo where you were discussing the copy of the Queen Victoria Golden jubilee necklace? Red dress, looking away to the her right... thanks!

I don't think the Portland tiara would be classified as a royal one, since it was owned by the Dukes of Portland, but nomenclature aside, I'd give my eyeteeth for that huge stunner adorning my head. It's got all my favorite stones - diamonds, sapphires and pearls - and the circumference is just amazing; look how it entirely circles the model's head. I'd have a smug grin like that on my face as well! Hmm, well maybe more like this.:D

Last edited:
i think the tiaras from princess madeleine are very beautiful

I believe that one or two tiaras also went down in the airplane & didn't survive. I am not sure if this was one of them though.

I think the tiara was dismantled, although whether before or after Cecillie's death I couldn't say. The central star of the tiara was used in an aigrette type of setting by one of the royal ladies related to Cecilie (who presumably either bought or inherited it) although for the life of me, I can't remember who.

My favourite tiaras are:

- Queen Victoria's Sapphire Coronet
- The Diamond Daisy Tiara
- The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara
- The George IV State Diadem
- The Four Button Tiara
- The Rose Cut Diamond Bandeau
- Queen Sophie's Diamond Tiara

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Readers' Ultimate Tiaras: Pick Your Pearls!

Wow. I find almost all of these tiaras so beautiful!

My favorite pearl drop tiaras:

1. Cambridge Lovers Knot Tiara
2. Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara
3. Danish Pearl Poire Tiara
4. Cartier Pearl Drop Tiara from Monaco
5. Bavarian Lover's Knot Tiara
6. Mellerio Shell Tiara
7. Alexandra Feodorovna's Pearl Drop Tiara
8. Princess Anastasia of Greece's Cartier Tiara
9. The Romanov Pearl Drop Tiara
10. Yusupova Lover's Knot Tiara

My favorite standard pearl tiaras:

1. Empress Eugenie's Pearl and Diamond Tiara
2. Cartier Pearl and Diamond Tiara from Spain
3. Portland Sapphire Tiara
4. Cartier Loop Tiara
5. Ancona Tiara
6. Wurttemberg Ornate Pearl Tiara
7. Queen Maud's Pearl and Diamond Tiara (smaller form)
8. Rosebery Tiara
9. George IV State Diadem
10. Cameo Tiara

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom