The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
These are my Favorite ones,
Fife -- Savoy Topaz -- Cp Mary's Ruby tiara (sorry no picture)
& the rest not really sure to which royal house they belong to
Embrald -- Diamond -- Diamond 2
The Fife and Diamond2 tiaras are gorgeous!!! I also the headband tiara that CP Maxima wears, it's def stunning.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

The diamond 1 tiara belongs now to Princess Sybilla of Luxembourg , born Sybille Weiler.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

[quote=Her_Majesty;874104]Mary
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2009/PPE09010116.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jan2009/PPE09010131.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/11712620.jpg
This is my favourite tiara of Mary.It is really marvellous
Old 05-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Royal Highness

The Duke of Westminster has in his collection some truly stunning pieces as well, that rival any of the Royal Collections, in my own opinion:
The Faberge gold and diamond cyclamen tiara (which converts to a necklace); this piece is a work of art:
Faberges Gold and diamond Cyclamen Tiara | Duke of Westminster

The Chaumet tiara created with platinum and blue enamel with 280 diamonds set in a flower decoration. It is amazing craftmanship as well.
Chaumet Platin Kokoshnik mit blauem Email | Duke of Westminster

Another, yes, ANOTHER, Faberge tiara, the Myrtle Leaves tiara, last worn by Lady Tamara on her wedding day to one of the Van Cutsem boys:
Faberge Tiara Myrtenkranz | Myrtle-Leaves and berries as a Diadem Duke of Westminster
The Bagration Parue:
Now, this parue is spectacular. Truly. I never tire of seeing it. The parue was purchased by the current Duke as a gift for his fiance, who wore the tiara on her wedding day. The tiara is set with pink spinals and diamonds, and consists of a tiara, hair comb, pendant necklace, pendant earrings.
Bagration Parure - Necklace, Earrings, Comb, Tiara Pink Spinel Diamont Set
Westminster Wedding - Bagration Parure | Hochzeit des Herzogs von Westminster
Westminster Hochzeit - Spinel Diamant Diadem | Hochzeit des Herzogs von Westminster
Bagration Parure - the comp

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 06-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Courtier

Oh God!!! This is more than my frail, fragile and weak, decrepit system can endure. I shall I shall not "fall upon the thorns of life" and bleed. Oh no, I shall drool and dance for joy and delight. My favorite trinkets in all the world and on one page of the internet. The Fife, the Bagration (which we have had photoshopped on this forum set with sapphires) and the Desiree Clary parurue. Isn't it just amazing how delightful and delighted one becomes upon looking upon millions upon millions of dollars, pounds, euros or yen in the form of the dazzingly beautiful trinkets presented herein. Thank you, pant, drool, thud, etc. Thank YOU. Chyeers. A demented chocoaddict forum member.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:35 AM
Serene Highness

I'm quite taken with the tiara that Princess Marie of Denmark recieved on her wedding day. Very light & pretty. It's such a shame that we will see so little, if anything, of the Diamond Drop Arch tiara that Alexandra recieved. I really feel that this should have been returned to the royal coffers when she remarried.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

There is so many to choose from.

The Dubar Tiara that Camilla has worn.
CP Mary Wedding Tiara and the Desiree jewels.
The Double Bandeau.
The Fife tiara.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Nobility

Definitely love Princess Marie's tiara it is so elegant and tasteful also love Maxima's emerald set though I don't know the name. (Sigh) though I know nothing of the people wearing it Faberge was a bloody master beautiful jewels in the Westminister collection so sorry we don't see them more.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:03 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I had forgotten about the Westminster tiaras. They just are breathtaking along with parure.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Sometimes I just go over to Christie's or Sotheby's and search tiaras, and wish. There are so many beautiful ones.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:22 AM
Aristocracy

i love the last tsarina of russias tiaras
Old 09-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Commoner

would anyone happen to know the name of this tiara? and where it is now (if known)
Old 09-29-2009, 01:04 AM
Commoner

The tiara that Empress Alexandra is wearing is simply titled the pearl kokoshnik, which was rather famous. A kokoshnik tiara is modeled after peasant headdresses worn in the 18th and 19th century--only married women were permitted to have fully jeweled tiaras; unmarried ladies had to settle for pearl-studded velvet headdresses.

I'm not entirely sure that this tiara survived the Revolution--I'm fairly certain that it did not. Can anyone else confirm/deny?
Old 09-29-2009, 09:48 AM
Aristocracy

The tiara of Empress Alexandra was auctioned by the soviet government =(
Old 09-29-2009, 10:12 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowed_rain View Post
I'm not entirely sure that this tiara survived the Revolution--I'm fairly certain that it did not. Can anyone else confirm/deny?
I think you are right, it most likely did not survive the revolution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by espejor
The tiara of Empress Alexandra was auctioned by the soviet government =(
Do you have a source for this? Contrary to popular belief the Soviets didn't auction that much.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Aristocracy

Ooh this is self indulgent!!!!!

My absolutely Number one has to be the glorious medieval crown-like diadem that belonged to Prince Philip's sister the tragic and beautiful Cecilie, Grand Duchess of Hesse and By Rhine. I have been haunted by this divine piece of headwear ever since the first time I beheld it in the photograph on Page 264 of that bible of all tiara worshippers, Geoffrey Munn's wickedly wonderful and wanton 'Tiaras - A History of Splendour' It may seem rather odd that I do not even know what those mouth watering big cabochon gems set between diamonds in this glorious diadem actually are, but I can imagine and speculate at leisure depending on my mood...alluring velvety blue sapphires, luscious vivid green emeralds or perhaps sensuous fiery red rubies.It's amazing just how easily one can conjure up such hues at will!!!! Anyway it is really more than just that particular facet of mystery which draws me to this particular diadem. I think it has something to do with a rather piquant case of crown lust or Tiara Envy on my part! It reminds me so much of an antique crown, rather like something Eleanor of Aquitaine or even the legendary Queen Guinevere may have worn all those centuries ago! This unusual design style and the extraordinary beauty of Cecil Beaton's photograph of Cecilie leaves me thinking about my soul and the devil and what I would and wouldn't do just to have the chance to try that diadem on.....I know it must sound dreadful but there it is, I have come clean....I feel like I have just joined Tiaraholics Anonymous!!!!!

I also like Princess Marie Louise's (Lenchen and Christian S-H's daughter) lovely honeysuckle design diamond tiara which she left to her (jolly lucky to have gotten her hands on it) cousin Lady Patsy Ramsay! It can also be seen in Mr Munn's glorious tome on Pages 144 and 145.

Am quite partial to George IV state diadem too.....no doubt something about the echoes it has to a full blown crown proper!

That's it Connie...calm yourself dear and go and pour yourself a nice calming glass of mineral water!!! I must stop and rest....I find this Tiara talk all a little taxing and I think I am getting the vapours from too much self indulgence all at once!!!!!
Old 11-11-2009, 01:18 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Connie, you had me rushing to my Munn "bible" and Cecile's picture and tiara are gorgeous aren't they? It's almost haunting. I would love to see that tiara in a picture by itself. Wonder what happened to this tiara?
Old 11-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Aristocracy

The Hesse Medieval style Diadem

I am so pleased someone else likes that diadem, Katrianna! I too sit and sigh and ponder and muse and then sigh again, as to the whereabouts of that divine diadem.

It would be too wonderful if anyone out there knows of any other pictures of it that could be shared with us! I have never seen any and I have never seen any evidence that it came into the possession of Louis and Margaret after the plane crash. Perhaps (perish the thought) it was on the plane, maybe Cecilie took it with her on that fateful trip!
Old 11-14-2009, 02:13 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

There are quite a few favourites of mine - I think too many to list them all. My all-time favourite is the oriental circlet:

http://www.leggievai.it/wp-content/p...al_circlet.jpg
Old 11-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Serene Highness

I think I'll go with the Fife tiara, too. But aren't they all lovely? Letizia's Prussian tiara is gorgeous as well!

Tags
jewellery, tiaras