The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Royal Highness

My all time favourite is the ruby tiara of CP Mary of Denmark.It's divine Both Victoria's tiaras are the worst for me,sorry

Old 01-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Which ones do you mean by 'both Victoria's tiaras', the button/rosettes tiaras? If so, they're certainly among the worst, I'd say. But so far, CP Victoria has worn a total of six tiaras.
The Danish ruby parure is one my favorites too. Queen Ingrid did a great job in the 1940s when she altered the tiara, using two brooches to augment it and create the wreath shape we see today.
Up until then the original Queen Désirée tiara was in a style which was very popular during the Empire, a wreath shape higher on the sides but low in the center. While a big fashion under Napoleon, it would be somehow less appealing today.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Royal Highness

I'm sorry,I should have explained earlier.The two tiaras worn by Victoria that I dislike are at this thread,page 3,post 49
I also wrote that these are the worst jewels pieces in general at another thread.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

My favourite is lalla Salmas wedding Tiara ...i like also Queen Alias one ...wore by Qween Rania & princess Haya .
Old 01-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Queen Noor´s tiaras: diamond tiara and Chaumet tiara. Too the Queen Alia´s tiara is beautiful.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
I'm sorry,I should have explained earlier.The two tiaras worn by Victoria that I dislike are at this thread,page 3,post 49
I also wrote that these are the worst jewels pieces in general at another thread.
So the ones you're talking about are the Baden Fringe tiara and the Napoleonic cut steel tiara. I'm very surprised then...
The Baden Fringe is actually my favorite among the large number of Royal fringe tiaras around, along with Princess Michael of Kent's fringe. This spiked sunray design can appear clumsy, but the proportions of those two fringe tiaras are just perfect, IMHO.
And while not on my all-time-favourite list, I like the cut steel tiara as well.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Royal Highness

It's ok,we don't have to agree on everything,Boris
The proportions may be perfect,but I still don't like the whole result...sorry
Old 01-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
The Baden Fringe is actually my favorite among the large number of Royal fringe tiaras around.
I agree with you. The Baden Fringe Tiaras is actually one of my favourite Tiaras of the Swedish Tiara collection. ... + the one Madeleine often wears.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...ingebaden1.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...es/cgtiara.jpg
source

Furthermore I really like
- the Dutch Diamond Bandeau Tiara
http://royals.web-log.nl/photos/unca...yal_hair_2.jpg

- Dubartiara worn by Camilla
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...DM_468x541.jpg
http://www.royalinsight.gov.uk/files...iara_large.jpg

Margret's Poltimor Tiara
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...ra_gallery.jpg
http://www.iatwm.com/200605/Princess...y/15968074.jpg

Empress Josephine Emerald Tiara
http://www.kongehuset.no/aim/kongehu...et:quality=100

Old 01-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just for the record: 'The one Madeleine often wears' is Queen Silvia's personally owned tiara, convertible into a necklace.
I'd say it's one of the (few...) really beautiful modern additions to Royal collections.
While popular myth claims that it was a 10th wedding anniversary gift from the King to Queen Silvia, I doubt this. I believe for several reasons that it was more likely a gift to the Queen during the 1981 state visit to Saudi Arabia. Mother and daughter share the piece these days, Princess Madeleine wears it as tiara, Queen Silvia as necklace.
The Norwegian emeralds by the way never belonged to Empress Joséphine, but were originally owned by Empress Amélie of Brazil (born of Leuchtenberg), Joséphine's granddaughter.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The Norwegian emeralds by the way never belonged to Empress Joséphine, but were originally owned by Empress Amélie of Brazil (born of Leuchtenberg), Joséphine's granddaughter.
And anyway it was named after Josephine.. a little weird.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

My absolut favourit is Queen Maria Cristina's diamond and pearl tiara
too bad Queen mary's similar loop tiara (which she wore 2 or 3 times as Princess of Wales) was either broken up or never worn again.
from Norway:
Desirée diamond tiara and Queen Maud's pearl tiara

from Sweden:
the Leuchtenberg sapphires
the Connaught tiara

from Denmark:
the rubies
the Orange-Nassau pearl tiara

from the UK:
Grand Duchess Vladimir's tiara with pearls
Lovers Knot tiara, the should put the orignal pearl spikes on top again

from the Netherlands:
Württemberg diamond and pearl tiara, unfortunately almost never worn with the pearl spikes on top
Mellerio Sapphire tiara

from Belgium:
the Empire diamond tiara
spanish Wedding gift tiara in all versions

from Luxemburg:
diamond tiara from Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte (worn in her official Wedding photos)

Royal Travel and Events

Old 01-11-2009, 06:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
And anyway it was named after Josephine.. a little weird.
But Your Majesty, who named the Norwegian emerald tiara 'Empress Joséphine tiara'?
I guess it was officially done by some poster on some MB who didn't know better... and the incredible world of the internet swiftly proceeded to create its own facts again ?
But naming of tiaras can be tricky anyway... Royal Houses get it wrong as well. The Bernadotte Family always called the Connaught tiara 'Princess Sibylla's tiara' although it was CP Margaret's originally, and the Braganca tiara was labeled 'Coronation tiara', although it never appeared anywhere near a coronation.
Stefan, your list sums up 'the best' pretty well in my eyes...!
I only would disagree regarding Belgium's Empire tiara, which I don't find that pretty, and especially Queen Mary's loop tiara - if it was broken up, I can perfectly understand it. To me, the photos of it show a tiara totally out of proportion with those silly high loops... but of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Stefan, your list sums up 'the best' pretty well in my eyes...!
I only would disagree regarding Belgium's Empire tiara, which I don't find that pretty, and especially Queen Mary's loop tiara - if it was broken up, I can perfectly understand it. To me, the photos of it show a tiara totally out of proportion with those silly high loops... but of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Boris no i didn't mean that the loop was a top favourit only that the desgin is similar to the spanish tiara. But in the spanish tiara it's more balanced and with the pearls look great in and on it.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 01-11-2009, 07:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh I see, Stefan! You surprised me a little here but I realize I misunderstood.
The Spanish loop tiara is indeed great, it's wonderful that Queen Sofia has started to wear it.
A pity though that the Spanish collection simply doesn't provide more elaborate necklaces to go with the three (loop, Cartier, Fleur de lys) very grand tiaras.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
I also have a big YES for Princess Margaret's turquoise tiara, the whole suite actually is stunning. That tiara is so beautifully proportioned it would be wonderful if you could change stones to emeralds, rubies, tahitian pearls etc etc.... God forbid you can't find a tiara to match your gown!!
Great idea, Rubies! Did you know that HRH Princess Alexandra of Kent's one and only tiara is exceptionally versitile? Here it is with pearls:
Kent Jewels

Here it is with turquoise:
Princess Alexandra of Kent, Lady Ogilvy (*1936)
Also, note that the necklace (a gift from her husband, The Honorable Angus Ogilvy) can also be adapted with either the pearls or turquoises. The necklace is a copy of Queen Victoria's diamond jubilee necklace and QEII now wears it.
Tiara with different turquoise necklace that I cannot place in the Kent family at all:
Princess Alexandra of Kent, Lady Ogilvy (*1936)

Additionally, Princess Alexandra's tiara can also be adapted with sapphires--but I don't have a picture of that. Perhaps one of our other poster can share??

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 01-12-2009, 02:04 AM
Commoner

The turquoise earrings that Princess Alexandra is wearing is very similar to the turquoise drop earrings that the Duchess of Gloucester owns, with obvious differences. Interesting parallel.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:30 AM
Nobility

My favourite one is definetly Mary of Denmark's tiara
http://img31.imagevenue.com/img.php?..._122_893lo.jpg
Old 01-20-2009, 08:45 PM
Aristocracy

Damnit - I have seen a pic of the lovely Alex in the sapphies, but cannot for the life of me place it. Isn't it a shame that she got such a paltry jewel bag. I think Saint Marina thought her daughter would have a husband to provide for her (as she did, but not of course to the extent we would like), but still, Kate and M-C have laways been better decked out. Such a shame, as Alexandra was/is so beautiful, and knows how to wear jewels...

Oh, staying on topic - her tiara is fabulous.... if you're going to have just one, I guess that's a pretty safe bet...
Old 02-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Commoner

I think this tiara is simply stunning:

36.jpg_Î÷°àÑÀÍõºó

Does anyone know to whom it belongs? The elegant simplicity is lovely

Tags
jewellery, tiaras