Favourite Royal Tiaras 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Newly acquired royal tiaras

I am wondering about how many royal tiaras have been newly acquired within the last 20 years?
I now about Queen Silvias comtemporary tiara, now mainly used by Princess Madeleine. Queen Sonjas Gold/Emerald tiara (sometimes referred to as "Star Wars" ;)), the tiara Sarah, Duchess of York, has received for her wedding and the wedding tiara of CP Mary.
Could you help me with any other royal tiara which is new? Thanks.

i wonder if there are new tiaras made for royalty...especially for the crown princesses

I love the bandeau diamond tiara Maxima wears. Grand Duchess MT and BRF have a nice collection that I wish we could see more often.

Both wedding tiaras of Mary and Mette-Marit are antique, from around 1910, but they were both new aquisitions and afaik nothing of their history of these pieces is known.
But the tiara of Märtha-Louise of Norway is contemporary. It was a gift from her grandfather King Olav and was made by Garrard's in London. The tiara of CP Mathilde was a gift from the Belgium aristocracy and I think that it is also contemporary, although the design is rather traditional, so I'm not entirely sure. And then CP Victoria received a rather small diamond and sapphire tiara as an 18th birthday present from her parents. It's not a successful design imo, and Victoria hardly wears it anymore. The amethyst tiara which Mette-Marit wears these days is also contemporary and was purchased during the 90s for Queen Sonja. Sophie of Wessex also has the contemporary aquamarine tiara, I think it was also made by Garrad's in London. CP Mary once wore the midnight tiara, which was a loan from the designer who made this piece for a tiara exibition. It resembles the Australian wattle flowers and was clearly designed with CP Mary in the designer's mind.
Amoung the contemporary tiara's the midnight tiara and Mathilde's laurel wreath tiara are my favourites, but in general I personally prefer the older, traditional pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much for answering my question. I just bought the tiaras book by Geoffrey Munn and I am stunned with the beautiful pictures there. I am really taken with one tiara which I haven't heard of before and this is the lotus flower tiara of Queen Mary, worn by HM Queen Elizabeth the QM. Now it is in the possession of Viscount Linley.

Princess Claire's small gift for her wedding from the King and the Queen is my favorite.

Princess Claire's tiara is really quite beautiful. I had forgotten how lovely it is.

Could you please post a picture of Claires tiara? I am not quite remembering it. Million thanks. :flowers:

Me too. I haven't seen it in a long time. What happened to it?

I am wondering especially about the spanish royal family. CP Letizia is using the same tiara over and over again -if at all. AND it does not fit her very well (she would need something more soft).
Do you have more pictures about members of the Spanish RF wearing different tiaras from previous times? Thanks.

I am wondering especially about the spanish royal family. CP Letizia is using the same tiara over and over again -if at all. AND it does not fit her very well (she would need something more soft).
Do you have more pictures about members of the Spanish RF wearing different tiaras from previous times? Thanks.
I disagree ...Tiara wore bu Letizia (the prussian i think) suit her very well, I think more than the other Tara of Spanish Family because they are Quite big for Letizia Style (she seems to prefer small and discret jewellery)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/attachments/blogs/uploads/2009/03/untitled-1-7.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2491/3953056525_2c10f59c21.jpg
http://daserste.ndr.de/royalty/spanien/sofia116_v-dasErstegross.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/Reina%20Sofia%20tiara/manuesevilla2/SofiaLys001.ms.jpg
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2009/04/27/cena-gala/imgs/palacio-11a.jpg

Thanks so much for answering my question. I just bought the tiaras book by Geoffrey Munn and I am stunned with the beautiful pictures there. I am really taken with one tiara which I haven't heard of before and this is the lotus flower tiara of Queen Mary, worn by HM Queen Elizabeth the QM. Now it is in the possession of Viscount Linley.

Viscountess Linley wore the tiara at her wedding but it has not been seen since. I would assume that on Princess Margaret's death it was returned, along with the other pieces with royal provenance, to the vaults.

I may very well be mistaken, but it looks as though it could be a high quality photoshop. Is it's authenticity able to be verified?

For their wedding day
Mary, Mette-Marit, Claire received new small tiaras.
Marie, Autumm, Serena,Maxima, Mabel, Laurentien, Letitzia wore loaned tiaras .
Alexandra received a royal dane tiara which the RF lost after her divorce. Since then the royal houses are more careful.

Isa the second an official photo? have never seen it before and thought the only time Rania wore this tieara was at the State Visit to the Netherlands
The black and white portrait is authentic - from a 'Vanity Fair' photo shoot, if I remember correctly.
The Arabic letters set in diamonds in the tiara say "Only Allah is great".
It remains to be seen if the tiara (which could definitely look much better with the hair in a beautiful updo) was really added to the Jordan jewelry collection or just a loan.

Alexandra received a royal dane tiara which the RF lost after her divorce. Since then the royal houses are more careful.

Lets hope Alexandra will give her tiara to one of her sons when the time comes for him to get married...not for him to use but his wife of course :) Then the tiara will be back in the royal family again :)

Dutch Antique Pearl tiara

I was just revisiting the homepage for Dutch royal jewels and realized, how much I like the anitque Pearl tiara.
Antique Pearl Tiara
This is really a very special piece - and it suits CP Maxima very well.
Are there any comparable pieces in other royal families?

:previous: What's not to like? It is so very versitile and yet delicate as well. Maxima shows it off perfectly.:flowers:

It just has the look of your perfect classic fairy tale tiara. I love it too. Those pearls are gorgeous!!!;);)

Back
Top Bottom