The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Courtier

my favourite tiara (that i have seen in person) is currently my avatar. I saw it in a museum in South Germany (Stuttgart, I think), so I believe it is part of the Wuerttemberger heritage. I was sure I had found a picture of it online at one time, but I can't seem to find any info or pictures about it, now.

If anyone has a picture (or a link to one) of it/information about it, I am quite interested and would very much appreciate it. Thank you.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:14 AM
Administrator

POC, I have it labelled as the "Württemberg Rococo Tiara". It is certainly quite a skyscraping structure of diamonds which would glint and glitter spectacularly. Even with the highest element removed it would be a very substantial piece. Here's a pic:

¤

Old 10-30-2008, 04:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Wow! But the lucky person wearing it would have to have a fabulous head of hair or added hair padding . . . . those spikes look lethal. I can just see it now . . . . Big, huge Royal extravaganza and the Queen yelling . . . . Last one dressed gets the Wurttemberg!
Old 10-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Wow! But the lucky person wearing it would have to have a fabulous head of hair or added hair padding . . . . those spikes look lethal. I can just see it now . . . . Big, huge Royal extravaganza and the Queen yelling . . . . Last one dressed gets the Wurttemberg!
Too funny MARG! It does look as though it could be lethal-but the workmanship is really intricate, I must say

Here are some of my favorites--I've fallen in love with some of the Dutch jewels and the Swedish jewels!

Dutch:
Laurel Wreath Tiara

Diamond Bandeau Tiara I LOVE this piece. There's really no design to it, nothing difficult about it at all--but its simplicity completely won me over. Maxima wears it best and in all truth, I salivate when I see it.

Sweden
The incomparable Queen Silvia. Where do I possibly begin??? Here is a link to photos of her in multiple pieces. I honestly love, in post 9, the amethyst parue. The clarity of those stones is amazing.
Swedish Jewels
another amethyst picture: IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

and, the Connaught Diamond tiara--second tiara down, below the Boucheron Honeycomb of QEQM http://www.angelfire.com/realm3/denm...ewels1968.html

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 10-31-2008, 06:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Diamond Bandeau Tiara I LOVE this piece. There's really no design to it, nothing difficult about it at all--but its simplicity completely won me over. Maxima wears it best and in all truth, I salivate when I see it.
I too love this peice. You are, of course, absolutely correct in your belief that Maxima wears it best.

Wow! That is some headband!
Old 10-31-2008, 09:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

When Queen Beatrix wears this tiaira she should change her heirdo..

She never wears her most beautiful : The Stuart or House diamond parure.

I have only pictures of Juliana wearing this wonderful tiaira
Old 11-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Royal Highness

I believe Queen Bea is prone to headaches; that's a pity, because we're missing out on some glorious pieces! Perhaps Maxima will regale us when she is Queen--but is many years away (Thank God--I love Queen Beatrix)

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 11-01-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
These are my Favorite ones,
Fife -- Savoy Topaz -- Cp Mary's Ruby tiara (sorry no picture)
& the rest not really sure to which royal house they belong to
Embrald -- Diamond -- Diamond 2
The Savoy Topaz is a pretty ensemble but the 1st diamond tiara reminds me of a pie plate. Diamond 2 is lovely; understated, elegant, sophisticated, I'd wear it.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:22 PM

What I like about the Diamond Bandeau Tiara is its simplicity, which makes the piece look almost contemporary, although it couldn't be worn with a statement necklace.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Highcrest View Post
What I like about the Diamond Bandeau Tiara is its simplicity, which makes the piece look almost contemporary, although it couldn't be worn with a statement necklace.
I completely agree with you, Lady Highcrest. It is very contemporary-looking and absolutely beautiful. It is my favorite of all of the tiaras that I have seen. IMO, it is perfect.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Do you speak about Queen Marie José Bandeau Tiara ??
I am not sure , but her grand-daughter sold this tiara last year ???
Old 11-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love tiaras and yesterday I read books about them. When there was a wedding with a Romanov Grand Duchess , she brought the jewels in the Family..I was thinking to the Greak Queens and Princesses .I saw pictures of the wedding of Sophie and JC. It was the last time we saw the most famous royal tiaras and now they are sold. My favorite were the tiaras belonging to Princess Olga of Jougoslavie , born Princess of Grece , sister of Marina D. of Kent. Most of these tiaras were sold to Albion , I saw them last year at the wonderful exhibition of juwels in Brussels.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:41 PM
Courtier

Thanks for the WONDERFUL big picture of the Wurttemberg Rococo Tiara, Warren!
:-)
Old 11-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Do you speak about Queen Marie José Bandeau Tiara ??
I am not sure , but her grand-daughter sold this tiara last year ???
We were discussing the Diamond Bandeau Tiara from the Dutch Royal Family. It was a wedding gift for Queen Emma. I think you are thinking of a different tiara.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, I am in total agreement, the Dutch Diamond Bandeau is one of my favorate tiaras, but I do think it could be worn with a necklace. Never too much jewelry for me!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Do you have pictures of someone of the Dutch RF wearing this nice jewelry ??
Old 11-04-2008, 07:24 AM
Administrator

maria-olivia, there is a link in post #24 above.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Warren , but I was speaking about diamant 2 , item 28
Old 11-04-2008, 08:36 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Do you mean this tiara? That one belonged to the late queen Marie-José of Italy, née Pricness of Belgium. I believe her daughter Marie-Gabrielle had it auctioned.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Do you mean this tiara? That one belonged to the late queen Marie-José of Italy, née Pricness of Belgium. I believe her daughter Marie-Gabrielle had it auctioned.
Thank you so MUCH Marengo. I've been looking for a while for the photo of that tiara. What a shame it was auctioned. I'd love to have seen it worn--any one have a photo??

Tags
jewellery, tiaras