Favourite Royal Tiaras 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glitter and sparkle!

one more, for detail.

The Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara with Cambridge Emeralds
pic courtesy Geoffrey Munn: 'Tiaras A History of Splendour' Antique Collectors' Club 2001
© Her Majesty The Queen

UKGrandDuchessVladimirTiaralargecro.jpg

My, oh my Warren. You sure know how to take a gal's breath away!:D

When we are talking about beautiful tiaras:
Portlandshaps Tiara
source: Tiaras A History of Splendour
portlandsaphs.jpg

Portland Tiara
PortlandTiara.jpg

Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara with pearls
tiaravladimirpearlcloseup.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mims the second tiara is breathtaking! I love it, very beautiful tiara's.:)

Mine is the impressive Spanish Fleur de Lys tiara:

thai.palaces.net

Thank you to Warren and Mims for those spetacular HQ pictures of the most wonderful tiaras.

Thank you so much, Warren. The Crown of the Kings of Bavaria took my breath away!

Oh my God. Well, when she gets herself decked out and really bejeweled it is a sight to see indeed. Enough to stop traffic. One cannot help but wonder what order that is QEII is wearing. Anyway the weed is revived. Cheers.

More beautiful tiaras:
TheBOUCHERONDAISYLEAVESANDFLOWERSTI.jpg

Boucheron daisy leaves and flowers tiara (I think it owns Bulgarian royal family- but maybe I'm wrong)
from Tiaras: a History of splendour
bruneiweddingtiara.jpg

Brunei wedding tiara from gettyimages
DIAMONDARTDECOTIARA.jpg

diamond art deco tiara from Tiaras: a History of splendour worn by princess Sybilla of Luxembourg
tiaraweddingjosephine.jpg

diamond wedding tiara worn by Grand duchess Josephine Charlotte of Luxembourg
source: www.mag-nolia.tmfweb
GandikDirajafromofficialmalaysianwe.gif

Gandik tiara which belongs to malaysian royal family
Mellerio_20Diamond_20Floral_20Tiara.jpg

Mellerio diamond floral tiara which belongs to spanish royal family
source: gettyimages

The first Boucheron tiara pictured was owned by Princess Paul (Olga) of Yugoslavia, who was a sister of Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent.
I believe it is now owned by Olga's daughter Princess Elisabeth of Yugoslavia.

I think the Württemberg Ornate Diamonds-and-Pearls Diademe out of the Orange-Nassau collection is one of my favourites.

I like the combination of diamonds and pearls best ánd it is a very elegant design. The two rows of pearls on top, are detachable and can eventually be removed or replaced by diamond fleurons or pearl buttons.

It is a diademe made out of pearls and diamonds that were brought to the Netherlands by Queen Anna Paulovna Romanovna of the Netherlands née Grand Duchess of Russia (1795-1865). Diamonds and pearls were used to create an elegant and eye-catching diademe for Queen Anna Paulovna's daughter-in-law Princess Sophie,The Princess of Orange née Princess of Württemberg (1818-1877), later Queen Sophie. She was married to Queen Beatrix' great-grandfather King Willem III.

Princess Beatrix wore it as her bridal diademe, back then in 1966. This was only one of the two occasions in her life she wore the diademe in complete setting. The other occasion was in 1982 during a banquet at Buckingham Palace.

Probably the Queen finds it too high with all the diamonds and pearls in the fullest setting. That is why she regularly has worn it in a less elaborate setting.

Mellerio Diamond Floral Tiara

mims111 said:
More beautiful tiaras: Mellerio diamond floral tiara which belongs to spanish royal family
The last picture actually shows queen Maria Cristina's wedding gift tiara and not the Mellerio floral tiara given to queen Sophia as a wedding gift by Franco and often used by her daugthers and daugther in law

Dear Members,

Is that Boucheron tiara with daisy leaves and flower set with yellow diamnonds? In looking at the picture I think so but cannot be sure. They are lovely indeed. Unfortunately some idiot at a later date added that hideous row (and who could have EVER thought I would be calling diamonds hideous-no mis-set) at the bottom which just ruins the whole thing. Maybe the ladies wigs or what ever covered the base of the thing up. Perhaps we ought to send it off to Beatrix who could bury them well.

As for QAEII, in her magnificent picture above I could not help but think the good woman looks as though she wants to bite somebody. I really cannot blame her. Can you imagine having to deal with politicians and the press 24 hours a day. In the good old days they just locked them up in the tower and left them to rot. But now they get into public office and stay there. Her Majesty is famous for her unflattering poses. there is one hilarious picture of her looking positvely glum at a museum or some such and walking by a T. Rex,. in a bright greeen dress. Both she and the T. Rex had the same dour expression. Perhaps the dinosaur looks as if he had swallowed an uappetizing swamp hog whole for breakfast and developed indigestion. The queen was probably in the same condition due to a boring state dinner the night before. Cheers. Thomas Parkman

Thomas Parkman said:
Dear Members,

Is that Boucheron tiara with daisy leaves and flower set with yellow diamnonds? In looking at the picture I think so but cannot be sure.
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]"A large diamond tiara of a scrollwork design centered with pale yellow diamonds. Originally made for the Georgian Princess Abamalek Lazarev, who left it to her nephew, Prince Paul of Yugoslavia. His wife, Princess Olga, wore it frequently.[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, Serif]After her death the tiara went to her oldest son, Prince Alexander, so that his second wife, Princess Barbara could wear it."[/FONT]
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/yugoslavian-royal-jewels-5174.html
Watch that:http://community.webshots.com/photo/541586021/1542594896056005517TowhHK#

This is something wonderful!
Em.jpg

Empress Josephine diademe
It has 1024 diamonds and it's height is 260 carats!
from webpage: www.zlatnik.sk

Last edited:
Dear Mims,

Not to beat a dead horse but carats is the weight of a gem or precious metal. Gems are measured by their weight. thus a diamond of the same weight would not be of the same size as say a sapphire. Thus 260 carats would be less than two ounces if my memory serves me. I think there are something like 155 carats to an ounce. but what that would be in grams I could not say, a carat equaling maybe one fifth of a gram? The tiara of the Empress Joshephine is a lovely thing except that I detest the way the French do that crazy curved base in their tiaras. Looks hideous in my view. But then I do not doubt others wil disagree. Cheers. Thomas Parkman

Mims,

Dear Heart it was a fabulous and interesting page with beautiful goodies and hideous goodies. But it was in Slovak. Now I have nothing at all against the noble Slovak people or theiir magnificent language except for the fact that I understand not a word of it. A couple of things like diamonds and pearls, you know the important terms, I could understand but the rest was a closed book and I suspect that there are even more goodies I cannot see. Sigh. the story of my life, one long fustration and longing for the unattainable, although the Noble Warren and several others have indulged the mental illness and derangement of this fragile and sensitive albeit senile doddering and drooling monument of decreptitude. They have brought me much happiness.

So if you would be so kind as to continue to rummage around in the various Slovak goodies and sources you come across I might even get to learn some Slovak and would be grateful. Cheers. Thomas Parkman

HTML:
George said:
I read somewhere on this LTR site that some poster asked ab out the tiara
with "spikes" the fringe Russian kokoshnik style tiara that MC was wearing in a
photo: whose it was originally.

Today I got the answer! Originally, there was a Grand Princess of Russian--Hellen
"Ellen " and she was married to the Prince Nicholas of Greece. She never got along
with Princess Alice who was the mother of Pr. Philip (of England). There is a old
photo of Princess "Nicholas" of Greece wearing that identical tiara--that is how
it came into the GRF tree collection and how now it is owned or caretaker for the
"next generation" by HM Queen Anne-Marie! she "loaned it" to MC.

Hope that answers that!

Best--George
Do you mean Princess Michael of Kent - if so the tiara in question was a bequest from her late Mother-in-law, Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent (indeed the daughter of the Granduchess Helen of Russia) who received it as a wedding gift from the city of London - so not a thing to do with the GD Helen.

ldmemail said:
Do you mean Princess Michael of Kent - if so the tiara in question was a bequest from her late Mother-in-law, Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent (indeed the daughter of the Granduchess Helen of Russia) who received it as a wedding gift from the city of London - so not a thing to do with the GD Helen.

I though he was refering to Marie Chatal (sp?) Crown Princess of Greece with her fringe tiara,... which I was always under the impression was a gift from her father on the occassion of her marriage :confused: . Or am I completely mistaken?

Poppy: Who owns the catier diadem you pictured and are those ameythests or garnets. Thanks

Here is a better quality picture of the FIFE Tiara than has previously been posted. Oh I love it so much -

From Tiaras: A History Of Splendour

11t001.jpg

Where is the Albert-designed sapphire and diamond tiara these days??

felicia said:
Here is a better quality picture of the FIFE Tiara than has previously been posted. Oh I love it so much -

From Tiaras: A History Of Splendour

Can anyone tell me more about this tiara? I love it but I know only for who it belongs and was made and nothing more.

Thanks, very much:)

BMOlivera said:
Where is the Albert-designed sapphire and diamond tiara these days??

It was inherited by special decree by King George V's only daughter Princess Mary. And it is now in the possession of her son the Earl of Harewood's family. I think the main line British Royal Family should buy it back so we can see it worn.

magnik said:
Can anyone tell me more about this tiara? I love it but I know only for who it belongs and was made and nothing more.

Thanks, very much:)

Well I can tell you that the jewels that are hanging (the big diamonds) move when the wearer moves. They are very high quality diamonds. It was the property of the Princess Louise, the Princess Royal and Duchess of Fife and is still in her family. It is my favourite. I think the current Duke of Fife's wife or his son's wife may have worn it at her wedding. Hopefully I'll win the lottery and buy it if it comes up for sale.:)

felicia said:
Well I can tell you that the jewels that are hanging (the big diamonds) move when the wearer moves. They are very high quality diamonds. It was the property of the Princess Louise, the Princess Royal and Duchess of Fife and is still in her family. It is my favourite. I think the current Duke of Fife's wife or his son's wife may have worn it at her wedding. Hopefully I'll win the lottery and buy it if it comes up for sale.:)
:)

For how much could it was bought for Louise?

Last edited:
I'm not sure, but I think it would be a lot. I think it was a wedding present for her from her parents, the Prince and Princess of Wales. Later King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra.

felicia said:
Here is a better quality picture of the FIFE Tiara than has previously been posted.
Does anyone (Warren maybe:)) have a picture of one of the royal family member's wearing this tiara?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom