The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 09:46 PM
Serene Highness

I love star tiaras....a few stick out in my mind that I absolutely love though...
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...achmentid=4900
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...achmentid=4714
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...achmentid=4907

Old 10-21-2005, 03:56 PM

Re:

Apparantly she is Princess Charlotte von Quadt.

Old 10-21-2005, 04:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to this, she's someone else:

http://www.royal-magazin.de/lovers-k...oversknots.htm
Old 10-21-2005, 04:16 PM

Amalie Von Oldenburg?

So, she's Amalie Von Oldenburg or Princess Charlotte von Quadt?

Either way - who is she?!
Old 10-21-2005, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Margaret's tiara was bought as her wedding tiara from the English Poltimore family after which it is named, not from another Royal family. It's quite versatile as it breaks up into brooches and parts of it can be worn as a necklace too.
A very high & beautiful tiara indeed. As Princess Margeret's last will wasn't made public, I believe that nobody knows what exactly happened to the Poltimore tiara?
Old 10-21-2005, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Twin Princesses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Amalie Von Oldenburg?
So, she's Amalie Von Oldenburg or Princess Charlotte von Quadt?
Either way - who is she?!
No, it's Princess Marie Gabrielle of Bavaria, Fürstin von Waldburg zu Zeil und Trauchburg
She is the twin sister of Princess Marie Charlotte of Bavaria, Fürstin von Quadt zu Wykradt und Isny.

Old 10-21-2005, 04:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
No, it's Princess Marie Gabrielle of Bavaria, Fürstin von Waldburg zu Zeil und Trauchburg
She is the twin sister of Princess Marie Charlotte of Bavaria, Fürstin von Quadt zu Wykradt und Isny.

WOW! How do you remeber all the different parts of the titles! I get confused remebering just the one for each person!

Old 12-14-2005, 01:38 PM

I just saw a picture of Princess Victoria of Sweden with a star tiara on where the base of the tiara looks very much like the base of Princess Louise, Duchess of Fife's most exquisite Fife Tiara! Is this true? If so, how and when did the Swedish Royal Family acquire it? My goodness, would I just love to wear the Fife Tiara just once....It is my favorite!!!! All those hugh diamonds!!!
Old 12-15-2005, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion of Adamo
I just saw a picture of Princess Victoria of Sweden with a star tiara on where the base of the tiara looks very much like the base of Princess Louise, Duchess of Fife's most exquisite Fife Tiara! Is this true? If so, how and when did the Swedish Royal Family acquire it? My goodness, would I just love to wear the Fife Tiara just once....It is my favorite!!!! All those hugh diamonds!!!
The Swedish Royal Family has not acquired the Fife Tiara; it remains with the 3rd Duke of Fife (great-grandson of King Edward VII).
The very large diamonds in the central band hang freely.
Pic courtesy Geoffrey Munn "Tiaras: A History of Splendour"

The Fife Tiara

Old 12-15-2005, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq
Does anyone have a photo of the Tiara that Lady Churchill wore to Queen Elizabeth's Coronation? I believe she borrowed it from Lady Essex.
This Cartier tiara was also worn by (Crown) Princess Margarita of Romania at her wedding in 1996.
Pics courtesy: Geoffery Munn "Tiaras: A History of Splendour" (top) & MW Pics (bottom).

Cartier Essex Tiara

HRH (Crown) Princess Margarita of Romania - Wedding 1996

Old 12-15-2005, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
The Fife Tiara
All those diamonds look large Warren. :p That is a splendid tiara! I see it has some cushioning to go against your head when you wear it.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:37 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Do you know if the roumanians still own the Greek-key tiara Warren? I was surprised Margarita had t wear a borrowed one at her wedding.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
Do you know if the roumanians still own the Greek-key tiara Warren? I was surprised Margarita had t wear a borrowed one at her wedding.
Yes they still have it. I think everyone was surprised that Margarita didn't wear it, considering her mother wore it when she married King Michael, and it is a very impressive tiara.
The Greek Key tiara was worn by Princess Marie at her wedding in 1995 (without the diamond head bands). I don't have a good enough pic of that to post, but here's an old one...
pic: first published over 70 years ago, therefore copyright has expired.

Romanian Greek Key Tiara
Queen Helen & Crown Prince/King Michael of Romania, early 1930s.

Old 12-15-2005, 10:35 AM

Warren, Google Princess Victoria and Fife in the images data bank nd take a look at that picture (there won't be many---4 or 5 pictures if I recall). The crown of the tiara appears to be solid stars. Take a look at that base....sure looks like the Fife tiara base to me.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:59 AM
Nobility

I love the Spencer tiara worn by the late Lady Diana on her wedding day to Prince Charles..The tiara is so enormous and really glittering with all its diamonds, its lovely..I wonder if the Tiara was really owned by the Late Princess or whether it was passed to William or Harry when Diana died..

Old 12-15-2005, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoogie
I love the Spencer tiara worn by the late Lady Diana on her wedding day to Prince Charles..The tiara is so enormous and really glittering with all its diamonds, its lovely..I wonder if the Tiara was really owned by the Late Princess or whether it was passed to William or Harry when Diana died..
She never owned it; it was loaned to her initially by her father, then by her brother, and was returned to Earl Spencer sometime before her death.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
The Fife Tiara
Thanks Warren. This tiara would go very nicely with my wedding dress!
Old 12-15-2005, 11:14 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoogie
I saw that tiara up close at a V&A exhibition a few years ago. I have to say it was quite disappointing compared with most of the other tiaras on display. It was not really sparkling and was quite big and wide. :(
Old 12-15-2005, 06:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion of Adamo
Warren, Google Princess Victoria and Fife in the images data bank nd take a look at that picture (there won't be many---4 or 5 pictures if I recall). The crown of the tiara appears to be solid stars. Take a look at that base....sure looks like the Fife tiara base to me.
Is this the one that you mean? It must be a photoshop job, cause the swedish rf don´t own such a tiara.

Old 12-16-2005, 12:00 AM
Serene Highness

the fife tiara, i cant describe how beautiful it is, wow or maybe wow-wee will have to do

Tags
jewellery, tiaras