The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 09:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilal
2. A small emerald tiara - made for Princess Farahnaz for the coronation - made by Van Cleef and Arpels.
I think this is a diamonds tiara, I don't see a green stone (emerald) on it. I agree that this tiara is absolutely beautiful:) .

Old 05-15-2005, 03:55 PM
Courtier

This is my second favorite Tiara in two versions that I like alot!

Thanks once again to Danjel!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tiara-Lovers Knot1.jpg
Views:	2556
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	143359   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tiara-Lovers Knot5(Saxony).jpg
Views:	460
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	143360  

Old 05-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Courtier

Does anyone know what happened to the Saxony Version (The second one I posted)? You never see it.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:57 PM
Courtier

These are more of my favorite Tiaras!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Tiara - Netherland.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	143401   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tiara - Pearl & Diamond2.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	143402   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tiara - Mellerio Floral 3.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	23.0 KB
ID:	143403   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tiara - Aigrette1.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	143404  

Name:	Tiara - Belgium2.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	143405   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tiara-Pearl Necklace2.jpg
Views:	528
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	143406  
Old 05-24-2005, 07:57 AM
Serene Highness

Red face The Imperial Jewels of Iran

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
I think this is a diamonds tiara, I don't see a green stone (emerald) on it. I agree that this tiara is absolutely beautiful:) .
Yes
It is correct. To the coronation Van Cleef and Arpels made emerald tiaras the Empress and Princesses (Shams, Sahnaz, Fatemeh). I think that is diamond.
The Imperial Jewels of Iran:
1. This rather unique crown is the one worn by the Shahbanou of Iran on the 26th October 1967, thus the Empress of Iran’s Crown. Weighting only 1.950 kg, the crown is admirable for its elegance and oriental aspect, mingled with modernity. The crown includes 1545 stones mounted in white gold: 36 rubies, 36 emeralds, 105 pearls and 1469 diamonds, all selected from the loose gems of the treasure. The largest emerald is to be seen in the centre of the biggest sunburst, in the front of the crown.
2-3-4. Above, a spectacular tiara of diamonds and nine cabochon-cut emeralds created by Van Cleef & Arpels for HIH Princess Shahnaz of Iran, the oldest daughter of the Shah, to wear at the Coronation of 1967. The tiara is part of a parure composed of the tiara, a necklace and the pair of earrings seen below the tiara, all with cabochon-cut emeralds and old-cut diamonds, loose stones from the treasure. At the coronation ceremony Princess Shahnaz wore only the tiara and the earrings, wearing the necklace on the same evening to attend opera and the ball. The emerald and diamond necklace which is part of the parure created by Van Cleef & Arpels for HIH Princess Shahnaz of Iran. The Princess wore this necklace only on the evening of the Coronation Day as her attire was complete with the tiara and the earrings on the ceremony itself.
5.This tiara was worn by HIH Princess Fatemeh of Iran at the coronation ceremony of her half-brother, the Shah. The Princess has Qajar blood in her veins and she was curiously the only one to wear a Qajar Tiara, from the treasure. The tiara is in form of sunburst and each of the rays ends either with a pearl or an emerald. The central stone is a spinel.
6-7-8. The three pieces above form emerald and diamond parure created by Van Cleef & Arpels for HIH Princess Shams of Iran, the elder sister of the Shah. The tiara is formed by diamonds and square emeralds, apart of the one on the centre top. The necklace, with ten square cut emeralds, was not actually worn by Princess Shams during the celebrations, since at the ceremony she only wore the tiara and the earrings and on the evening she wore different jewels.
9. A beautiful diamond and ruby tiara made for HIH Princess Ashraf of Iran, the twin sister of the Shah of Iran, that she wore on the evening of the Coronation Day, at the opera and the ball.
10. A diamond and emerald necklace from the Crown Jewels, made by Van Cleef & Arpels for the Coronation. The necklace, mounted in platinum and gold, is composed by an enormous engraved hexagonal emerald, mounted in pendant and surrounded by diamonds of old cut, of four big square emeralds and five smaller ones, (all surrounded by diamonds), four hanging pear pearls and eleven yellow diamonds of very good size.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	farah.jpg
Views:	6872
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	148872   Click image for larger version

Name:	shahnaz1.jpg
Views:	1484
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	148873   Click image for larger version

Name:	shahnaz3.jpg
Views:	968
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	148874   Click image for larger version

Name:	shahnaz2.jpg
Views:	1358
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	148875  

Name:	fatemeh.jpg
Views:	14323
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	148876   Click image for larger version

Name:	shams1.jpg
Views:	5654
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	148877   Click image for larger version

Name:	shams2.jpg
Views:	5134
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	148878   Click image for larger version

Name:	shams3.jpg
Views:	4850
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	148879  

Name:	ashraf2.jpg
Views:	1818
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	148882   Click image for larger version

Name:	farahnecklace.jpg
Views:	6636
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	201033  
Old 05-25-2005, 06:07 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq
These are more of my favorite Tiaras!
I think the last one was originally a necklace, belonging to Grand Duchess Elena Vladimirovna of Russia, mother off Marina, duchess of Kent (nee Princess of Greece & Denmark). Marina is here wearing it as a tiara, and she took 2 of the circles to function as earrings. I wonder who owns it now. I do not believe I hae seen either the duchess of Kent, Princess Michael or Princess Alexandra with this piece (so they probably sold it).
Old 05-25-2005, 10:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq
Does anyone know what happened to the Saxony Version (The second one I posted)? You never see it.
THis is a THIRD Lovers' Knot. It belongs to the Bavarian RF
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bAVARlOVERkNOT.jpg
Views:	3408
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	149585  
Old 05-26-2005, 05:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by micas
Without any dout they are just perfect!
Yes, you are right. But Pierre Arpels hardly made one year these jewels. Starting from October 1966 he got the order of Shah. The date and the stones were short were not allowed not from the country to bring outside. P. A. drove 24 with the opportunity to Teheran. Starting from November 1966 it examined four days in the treasury into the crates. It was to which for many years does not open gebte it up. Starting from September 1967 the Shah and the Shahbanou the result presented.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:37 AM
Courtier

Does anybody knows more about a beautiful tiara and huge necklace (might be diamonds) has wore by Karabo Matsoeneng in her wedding to King Letsie III of Lesotho? It is a huge parure and tiara, howan impressing jewelries Official Royal Wedding Portraits
Old 09-09-2005, 08:12 AM
Courtier

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Rysa/fetch.jpg

Madame la Comtesse de Paris.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...a/bce41607.jpg

Her Royal Highness the Princess Adelaide Jeanne Marie d'Orleans, Madam d'Evreux, seen here wearing her late Grandmother's - Her Royal Highness the Princess Isabelle of Orléans-Braganca, Duchess of Orléans, of Valois, of Chartres, of Guise, of Vendome, of Enghien, of Penthievre, of Aumale, of Nemours and of Montpensier, Dauphine of Auvergne, Princess of Joinville, Princess of Condé, etc., titular Countess of Paris - bridal tiara.

Its an art-deco diamond & saphire tiara mounted on a base of white gold, made by Mellerio and presented to the late Comtesse by Action Francaise as a wedding present. There are three diamond Fleur de Lys shaped motiffs located at the top of the ornament. A symbol associated, and used by the Royal families of France for centuries.

Definitly one of, if not my favourite.

"MII"
Old 09-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

WOW! I love this.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=148882
and this:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=148876

and this:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=148871

Old 10-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Courtier

Does anyone have a photo of the Tiara that Lady Churchill wore to Queen Elizabeth's Coronation? I believe she borrowed it from Lady Essex.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Aristocracy

I like the tiara's of the Swedish royal family especially the one below.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2%20Nobel%202002%2001.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	203808  
Old 10-19-2005, 07:33 AM
Commoner

My fav would have to be this one:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	qsmykker.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	204114  
Old 10-19-2005, 08:28 AM

Re:

Who is this lady?

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=149585
Old 10-19-2005, 11:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to this page

http://www.royal-magazin.de/lovers-k...oversknots.htm

it's Marie-Gabrielle Princess of Waldburg-Zeil. Not that that left me any the wiser, I must admit.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent

"Jewels like the Delhi durbar tiara, may not be worn so much because of the imperial connotations/memories they evoke. Its a reminder of a time when Britain ruled India and was very much an imperial power. I mentioned this before in the Indian jewels thread, a lot of the magnificent jewels of India's nobility and royalty were "acquired" by or simply given to the Brits. For many people from the subcontinent (Indians/Pakistanis) they're not a pleasant reminder."

I agree completely, I've heard many stories about some of the "gifts" the British Royals "received".
Old 10-19-2005, 11:04 PM
Aristocracy

Haven't some royal ladies wear bracelets or another kind of jewelry as tiaras? I think GD MT of Luxemburg used to do this, do you have some pic? Not only of MT but any royal doing this? thanks a lot
Lady Tropical Paradise; this is an especulative site, and we are here because we have time to spare, my opinions and yours, are just that and nobody will get hurt if we express them. Have a great life.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
According to this page

http://www.royal-magazin.de/lovers-k...oversknots.htm

it's Marie-Gabrielle Princess of Waldburg-Zeil. Not that that left me any the wiser, I must admit.
She was born a Princess of Bavaria and she is wearing the Wittelsbach version of the Lover's-Knot tiara.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:38 PM
Courtier

Talking

My all time favorite is the tiara Princess Margaret wore on her wedding day. I know that it was bought from another collection of royal jewels but I can't remember the country.

The photo of Princess Margaret with her father is courtesey of www.alamy.com
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Royal weddings - Princess Margaret with her father Duke of Edinburgh.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	204576  

Tags
jewellery, tiaras