Favourite Royal Tiaras 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daisygoogles,
I don't remember there ever being pearl spikes on top of the Vladimir tiara--there were pearl spikes on top of the Cambridge Lover's Knot and also pearl spikes atop the Girls of Great Britain tiara, too--is there a photo of the Vladmir with spikes? I would hate to think I had missed that!!!
Yea, I made a mistake and quoted the wrong post. The Vladamir didn't have spikes but the Lover's Knot did at one time.
I posted a picture of Queen Mary wearing the Lover's Knot with the spikes but here is the link again...
Sorry about that and thanks so much for pointing the mistake out to me.:flowers:
http://thumb18.webshots.net/t/14/15/0/17/11/2547017110094285158UhUHXI_th.jpg

Daisygoogles,
I don't remember there ever being pearl spikes on top of the Vladimir tiara--there were pearl spikes on top of the Cambridge Lover's Knot and also pearl spikes atop the Girls of Great Britain tiara, too--is there a photo of the Vladmir with spikes? I would hate to think I had missed that!!!
Thanks again for helping me out about quoting the wrong post.
i was trying to post about the Rundell tiara and how maybe that would be a good choice for William's wife since we haven't seen it for so long and being a favorite of mine I would LOVE to see it out and about in the future. Plus it has a nice royal history.
here is a picture of the Rundell..
"Rundell" Tiara |Royal Wedding gift to Queen Alexandra | Jewel of the Royals

from ursula's site: several known lover's knot tiaras, including pictures of Queen Mary in her tiara with and without the pearl spikes on top.

Loversknots Tiara |Das "Liebesknoten" Perlen Diadem

In the row above Queen Mary are pictures of the original Cambridge lover's knot tiara, that inspired Queen Mary. (I don't know it's name) The woman on the far left is her Grandmother, the Duchess of Cambridge, and the second shows her aunt, Grand Duchess Augusta of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again for helping me out about quoting the wrong post.
i was trying to post about the Rundell tiara and how maybe that would be a good choice for William's wife since we haven't seen it for so long and being a favorite of mine I would LOVE to see it out and about in the future. Plus it has a nice royal history.
here is a picture of the Rundell..
"Rundell" Tiara |Royal Wedding gift to Queen Alexandra | Jewel of the Royals
Although I agree the Rundell tiara is absolutely beautiful, it is also rather large, too large I think for a young woman to be able to wear with any success. I've tried to envision Kate wearing it and in the image I come up with the tiara simply overwhelms her. I can see the Rundell tiara being worn by a more stately and/or matronly woman. Perhaps one day we'll see Camilla with it atop her head.

Cat

It is rather large to say the least. But for £7,000 back then-thats 135 years wage for the normal person.This equals a lot of rock for your £

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom