Favourite Royal Tiaras 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
eugenie's pearl tiara:

Attachments

• eugenietiara.JPG
    eugenietiara.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 3,335
an austrian tiara

Attachments

• austria.JPG
    austria.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 2,996
the same tiara..I believe it was property of Archduchess Maria-Louisa ...anyway..the russian one is my favorite.....

Attachments

• marielouise.JPG
    marielouise.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 653
here is Empress Marie-Louise tiara in its original version

Attachments

• Parure_emeraude_de_Marie_Louise___Diad_me_1.jpg
    Parure_emeraude_de_Marie_Louise___Diad_me_1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,586
another favourite...also french..I believe this one is now exhibited at the louvre...

Attachments

• tiarafrance.JPG
    tiarafrance.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 3,875
another french one...owned by the late empress Eugenie

Attachments

• eugeniesemeralds.JPG
    eugeniesemeralds.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 5,336
the last french one for now....beautiful, especially when they were worn by the late countess of paris who added that extra sparkle

Attachments

• frenchparure.JPG
    frenchparure.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 4,862
Queen Marie-José's double bandeau tiara...very nice for younger ladies....

Attachments

• doublebandeau.JPG
    doublebandeau.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 6,184
and..if you realy want to show off....you cant do without this one:

Attachments

• bavariantiara.JPG
    bavariantiara.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 1,735
Originally posted by Helena@Oct 11th, 2003 - 5:46 pm
Queen Marie-José's double bandeau tiara...very nice for younger ladies....
This bandeau is sooo special. I've never ever seen it anywhere else, not even in the tiara books I've read. This is very pretty. Where did you get this picture from?

Originally posted by Helena@Oct 11th, 2003 - 5:48 pm
and..if you realy want to show off....you cant do without this one:
This one must be extremely heavy. I think members of the other royal families would never forget about this one if they saw it, esp. the queens. It even looks heavier than the most precious tiara of the Luxemborg's Grand Duchess's one (the one that was brought in by a Grand Duchess of Russia).

This bandeau is sooo special. I've never ever seen it anywhere else, not even in the tiara books I've read. This is very pretty. Where did you get this picture from?

I have no idea where I got this picture from...but there are a few pictures of Marie-José wearing it on Danjels site I shall try to post one here. You can find the tiara in 'Queens Jewels' as well btw...

Attachments

• marie_jose.JPG
    marie_jose.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,071

This one must be extremely heavy. I think members of the other royal families would never forget about this one if they saw it, esp. the queens. It even looks heavier than the most precious tiara of the Luxemborg's Grand Duchess's one (the one that was brought in by a Grand Duchess of Russia).

again a picture from Danjel's site...with Crown Princess Antonia of Bavaria and the tiara...it looks a bit to large on her I think..and yes, the tiara this Lux. Princess is wearing is larger than the Lux. Russian tiara....I think it is even larger than the Branganca tiara of Queen Sylvia....

Attachments

• antonia.JPG
    antonia.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,925
Of course, this Bavarian and the Lux/Rus tiaras are the only two that amaze me for their size and heaviness, whereas, Queen Silvia's Braganca Tiara is really just another ordinary precious royal tiara that looks just a little larger and heavier than the other normal ones.

I dunno if I agree poppy. Queen Silvia's tiara looks plenty heavy.. I can only speculate that's why she doesn't wear it as often as some of the others.
I'd love to see her in her ruby tiara again, that's a neat looking one :)

PRINCESS ASHRAF - RUBY AND DIAMOND TIARA

I think I love all the tiaras of the Iranian Crown Jewels, but my favourite is Princess Ashraf's (the Shah's twin sister) ruby tiara. Ruby is one of my favourite gems, and this particular tiara looks as if it is on fire.....

From the Imperial Iran website:

A beautiful diamond and ruby tiara made for HIH Princess Ashraf of Iran, the twin sister of the Shah of Iran, that she wore on the evening of the Coronation Day, at the opera and the ball.

Here is a picture of the princess wearing this tiara. She is the one on the far left.
Princess Ashraf wearing the tiara

EMPRESS FARAH DIBA'S EMERALD TIARA

The complete page on this lovely tiara on Danjel's site. This was one of EF's favourite tiaras and she was seen wearing often. I think it is absolutely gorgeous. Scroll down the link and see the beautiful pics.

Empress Farah's Emerald Tiara

EMPRESS FARAH'S NUR-UL-AIN DIAMOND TIARA

This tiara was especially made for the Empress upon her marriage to the Shah. Why I like it? Because it is a rainbow of differnt colour diamonds, with the centerpiece being the Nur-el-Ain (Light of the Eye) pink diamond which is one of the largest of its kind.

Danjel will keep you mesmerised on this page.

Nur-el-Ain Diamond Tiara

I have seen all these tiaras (and the rest of the Iranian Crown Jewels) at the Central Bank in Tehran, and all I can say is that the pictures do not do them justice. They are one of the most beautiful treasures in the world. When I walked out of the museum/bank (which was in a huge vault in the basement and which would automatically lock once anyone touched the glass coverings), it took me a while to get my eyes used to the sunlight outside. The glitter from inside was blinding.

Julia said:
Another favorite owned by the duchess of Marlborough...
That's one of my favorites, too

Attachments

• russiaKokoshnikreplica.jpg
    russiaKokoshnikreplica.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 580
Stacy, this is a really cool tiara. I had never seen it until just recently. Any pictures of the Empress wearing it?

Favorite Tiara

I like Eugenie's pearl tiara, shown below on her and on a more recent owner.

I also like some of Empress Farah's tiaras. She looked gorgeous in them, also shown below. Her family also wore some splendid jewelry.

Attachments

• FA%20Eugenie.jpg
    FA%20Eugenie.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 885
  • FA%20Eugenie1.jpg
    FA%20Eugenie1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 4,330
  • Turquoise1.jpg
    Turquoise1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 3,294
  • Farah'sCrown2.jpg
    Farah'sCrown2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 1,213
  • PcssAshraf.jpg
    PcssAshraf.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 639
  • FarahYellowDiamondTra1.jpg
    FarahYellowDiamondTra1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 1,761
  • PcssShahnazEmeraldTiara2.jpg
    PcssShahnazEmeraldTiara2.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 3,210
  • PcssSham'sTiara2.jpg
    PcssSham'sTiara2.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 1,396
  • Nur-ul-AinTiara5.jpg
    Nur-ul-AinTiara5.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,353
  • Farah'sCrown4.jpg
    Farah'sCrown4.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 2,350
Eugenie's tiara is a favorite of mine also. I believe that the Thurn und Taxis family sold the tiara. I think it is now in the Louvre.

Attachments

• Eugenie-Diamond-and-Pearl2.jpg
    Eugenie-Diamond-and-Pearl2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 940
What is your favorite Tiara?

I have two:

1. The Delhi Durbar

2. The Poltimore

Attachments

• Delhi Durbar 2.jpg
    Delhi Durbar 2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 821
  • Poltimore.jpg
    Poltimore.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,569
hillary_nugent said:
I like the Delhi Durbar...who owns those crowns?
Both are from the British royal Family. The Delhi Durbar hasn't been worn since the 1950's and the Poltimore belonged to the late Princess Margaret. We can only assume that her children inherited it.

Poltimore Tiara - More Pictures

Thanks to Danjel for these pictures

Attachments

• Maggie 1.jpg
    Maggie 1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,090
  • Lady P.jpg
    Lady P.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 3,386
  • Maggie 2.jpg
    Maggie 2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 679
  • Maggie 3.jpg
    Maggie 3.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 774
Last edited:
Delhi Durbar Pictures

Again, thanks to Danjel

Attachments

• QM1.jpg
    QM1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 2,022
  • QM2.jpg
    QM2.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 1,695
  • QE1.jpg
    QE1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,268
I have two all-time favorites. One is Queen Elizabeth II's "English Ivy" tiara, which IIRC was broken up sometime in the 1960's .:( I believe it was given to her by the Nizam of Hyderabad sometime in the 1950's. (Again, this is from memory so I may be off on details. There's a pic of it in "The Queen's Jewels".) The other is a spectacular one owned by the Empress Farah of Iran, with yellow and pink diamonds. Those are my two favorites but really, all of them are beautiful.

Jackswife said:
I have two all-time favorites. One is Queen Elizabeth II's "English Ivy" tiara, which IIRC was broken up sometime in the 1960's .:( I believe it was given to her by the Nizam of Hyderabad sometime in the 1950's. (Again, this is from memory so I may be off on details. There's a pic of it in "The Queen's Jewels".)
It was a wedding present from the Nizam along with the necklace that HM still wears. I understand that the diamonds were used in the Burmese Ruby Tiara & (I think) the Brazilian Aquamarine Tiara.

Attachments

• Nizam Necklace.jpg
    Nizam Necklace.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,974
  • Nizam Tiara.jpg
    Nizam Tiara.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 1,339
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom