The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 05:52 PM
Courtier

Mimms, dear heart, I have no information. All I am capable of doing at this point is drooling. Totally besotted, that's the word. the trinket you have so kindly presented to us is a delight indeed. My only question is: what on earth are those pink things? They are pinK????? Are they, I am really holding my breath, pink DIAMONDS????? If so the trinket is worth a kings' ransom indeed, on top of being quite pleasing to the senses. I might even taste as good as it looks. cheers.

Old 09-01-2006, 02:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman
My only question is: what on earth are those pink things?
Pink Topaz maybe?
The thought of pink diamonds is great though

Old 09-01-2006, 03:01 AM
Royal Highness

The tiara could also be made out of diamonds and pink sapphires. It's a lovely tiara and it's pretty rare to see pink in a tiara!
Old 09-01-2006, 10:02 AM
Courtier

The reason, dear members, that I thought they could be pink diamonds is that they appear to be so pale. I understand that the pink sapphire is certainly much more, for want of a better word, assertive. Same for topaz, which I have always thought was just a bit garish. But this goodie with those lovely pink, things, pink being not my favorite colour, is something delicious indeed. However, far be it from me to strenuously object to something so rarefied as pink sapphires. I saw somewhere the highest grade well cut and formed could see for a mere 30,000 $$$$$ American dollars a CARAT!!!!! I love blue sapphires, so I suppose I will just have to sit here and drool over pink ones as well. In case you have not noticed, I spend a lot of time drolling around here it seems. This relapsing into an infantile state at my degree of senility can only be described as delightful. Now you will excuse me while I go have some chocolat. cheers.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The reason, dear members, that I thought they could be pink diamonds is that they appear to be so pale. I understand that the pink sapphire is certainly much more, for want of a better word, assertive. Same for topaz, which I have always thought was just a bit garish. But this goodie with those lovely pink, things, pink being not my favorite colour, is something delicious indeed. However, far be it from me to strenuously object to something so rarefied as pink sapphires. I saw somewhere the highest grade well cut and formed could see for a mere 30,000 $$$$$ American dollars a CARAT!!!!! I love blue sapphires, so I suppose I will just have to sit here and drool over pink ones as well. In case you have not noticed, I spend a lot of time drolling around here it seems. This relapsing into an infantile state at my degree of senility can only be described as delightful. Now you will excuse me while I go have some chocolat. cheers.
I have a small, pink sapphire and diamond ring I received from my grandmother a couple years back. The pink sapphires are a nice pale pink but I have seen much stronger ones as well. Granted, mine are pretty small so that might affect the coloring of it with the light and everything. I think the tiara we're all drooling over has a good chance of being made with pink sapphires.
Old 09-02-2006, 03:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I love blue sapphires.
You and me both. Whilst the Danish emerald and diamond crown parure would have to be my favoured choice, this diamond and sapphire parure (now in Le Musée du Louvre) is simply devine and knowing that it had been in the possession of my much adored Madame la Comtesse de Paris makes it all the more special.

Picture originally from Point de Vue.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:04 PM
Courtier

Dear Sister Morphine,

Where on earth did you get that name. It is fabulous. As for pearls, they are not my favoite but may I suggest for your parusal the following:

1. The original Princess Vladimir Tiara, set with pearls and much used by Queen Elizabeth II
2. The Cambridge Lovers Knot TIara of Diana, Princess of Wales fame.
3. The sapphire, pearl and diamond tiara of the Duchess of Gloucester set in the Indian style. Simply magnificent.
4. The Wurtemburg (??--here I go mangling names again) of the noble Queen Beatrix.
5. The fabulous diamond and pearl tiara of Queen Marie that was probably stolen by the *****communists. It is somewhere on this thread under my name.
6. The marvelous pearl parure of Queen Margarethe II. The tiara is wonderful. The rest is rather heavy for my taste.
7. There is a heavy tiara that was part of the Russian crown jewels that I think may be in the possession of the Duke of Westminster (???). With that my feeble brain has faded out. I need to go and get some chocolat.
8. Oh yes and do not forget Queen Sophia of Spain's pearl tiara as well.

That should keep you off the streets and happily occupied and delighted, I hope, for a while,. Cheers.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:17 AM
Nobility

princess anne owns one greek tiara from her mother (i am not too sure of what its called) that used to be in possession of Princess Andrew of Greece. it has to be one of my favourite tiaras! the design is so unique!
Old 09-05-2006, 01:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Dear Sister Morphine,
Where on earth did you get that name. It is fabulous. As for pearls, they are not my favoite but may I suggest for your parusal the following:
You've never heard of "Sister Morphine"? It's a Rolling Stones song. It's on Sticky Fingers. It's probably my favorite Stones song next "Paint It Black".

And some of those tiaras you mentioned, I've seen before and I love them. Hence why tiaras with pearls in them are some of my favorites.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-07-2006, 06:08 AM

can anyone tell me where we could get some nice pictures of the Asian Royalties especially from The Queen of Thailand? Thank you.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:32 AM
Heir Apparent

In this very sub forum

Search through all the pages until you find Queen Sirikit's name and click
Old 09-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Courtier

Dear Sister Morphine,

I adore the name but I must confess, and you will forgvie me, I hope, but I am a musicological Archie Bunker and snob of the worst order. I have never listened to The Rolling Stones in my life!!! Nor would I. I abhore all that stuff. Beethoven, Haydn, Mozart, Bach, Handel, etc. if you please.

But at least we can agree on pearls. There was another tiara I have been trying to find somewhere on one of these gargantuan threads which is also using pearls and diamonds, but not spiked ones but round ones set in a lovely pattern. If you could fish it up out of cyberspace I would be grateful. My brain is dead anymore and all I can do is drool. When the Noble Warren sees anything with my name on it he just runs screaming out of the room, having given me up as demented ages ago. But then when I see these goodies, I just love to drool.

This has nothing to do with tiaras or royalty but I have seen a picture of Liz Taylor wearing the Margarita pearl and then a wonderful picture of it in a setting by Cartier which they got rid of. The original setting was with diamonds and other (smaller pearls-My God the M is a headlight) accented with rubies. Now the idea of that should make you positively salavating-if of course a lady of your distinction does such an incredibly vulgar thing-in anticipation of the sight of it. Cheers.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by foiegrass
princess anne owns one greek tiara from her mother (i am not too sure of what its called) that used to be in possession of Princess Andrew of Greece. it has to be one of my favourite tiaras! the design is so unique!
I think it is just called the Greek scroll tiara.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

some of my recent favourites, all belonging to the Royal Family of Brunei. (pictures from Infofoto)

Princess Azrinaz's diamond tiara.

two diamond tiaras worn recently by the Sultan's niece Huda Bahaaul Bolkiah during her wedding, the first one previously worn by the Sultan's wife Queen Saleha in this portrait.

Old 09-07-2006, 08:41 PM
Aristocracy

The tiara the Princess Royal wears is the Greek Meander Tiara It was a wedding gift from Prince Philip's mother to QEII but she has never worn it in public.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:58 PM
Royal Highness

Sigh........

I think we may have covered all tiaras! I know this one has to have been mentioned at some point, http://www.royal-magazin.de/england/...rs-faberge.htm and I love its delicate beauty. I also love it because it is Faberge, and because it can become the stunning necklace that is also on the page. I know it doesn't have the larger stones that we all drool and sigh over, but I wouldn't turn my back on this tiara at all!

And, how unfair is this, the Westminster's also have THREE Faberge tiaras, one the Russian kokoshink and then this one as well-- http://www.royal-magazin.de/england/...aves-tiara.htm it is the Myrtle Leaves and Berries tiara.
And, then, still in the Westminster Family, is the pear shaped pearl and diamond tiara http://www.royal-magazin.de/england/...estminster.htm now I'm just including this because there was some discussion of pearls a few posts back. Generally, I love pearls--I wear a strand daily--and believe that diamonds and pearls are the classic look! However, there is something off about this tiara. I don't like the upper portion, and the last picture of the lady all in the ruffles and the diamond riveres looks weird (is it just me???). I like it better when it looks more like one of those button tiaras.
And, I don't recall seeing this one posted yet (either I missed it or we all totallly missed the boat on this one) but the Devonshire Tiara is sumptuous!
http://www.royal-magazin.de/england/...adem-derby.htm is it not?
And now, I ask if anyone can produce a picture of the Milfort-Heaven Tiara of The Mountbatten Family? It is listed on the royal-magazin.de site, but no link and no picture--and I cannot find it on the internet as of yet! I must know what it looks like--
Janet
Old 09-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Courtier

Well, JBC, my dear, you have gone and done it again. NO, I am now going to control myself. No chocolate and no drooling, just a glassy eyed heavy breathing this time. First that Brunei suspended diamond bijoux of the Princess Azrinaz is a marvel.

Now with regard to the Westminsters. I find the Derby tiara simply out of this world. A masterpiece of the first order. It is a great wonder, if the noble Queen Mary did not see it and so greatly lust after it that she did not walk off with the thing. But I guess there were limits even for the Queen of England.

The Bagration tiara is a superb masterpiece even if the necklace is a bit of a dud. I have always thought it would look great set with sapphires instead of spinels, a kind of watered down ruby it you will. The cyclamen thing just grows on you. I agree with you about the pearls. What a waste. Have you looked at them thar rocks? My God!!! and then to go do something that dumb with them. Magnificent gems but the design just does not work. The Duchess or whomever is wearing them is a lovely thing but ruined by the jewelry. As for the laurel wreathe business, I must say I have never, in spite of its great antiquity cared for it. So two or probably three superb masterpieces and one flop in a collection ain't bad. I do not doubt the you JBC would look out of this world in any of them.

Maybe the photoshopping people can redsign the pearl thing and sent their ideas over to the duke. Cheers.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:48 PM
Commoner

I like the pearl and shell tiara worn by Queen Sofia,I believe by Mellerio.i also like both the Hanoverian and Berleberg fringe tiaras,and I am totally in love with the pink spinel Bagration tiara(and the whole parure)
Old 09-25-2006, 12:29 AM
Commoner

If you are interested in the Dutch Royal Jewels, please visit:
www.members.lycos.nl/oranjenassau for a humble overview.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:17 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Yes, my scanning does leave a lot to be desired. Regardless, this is one heck of a diadem. The pink diamond center is from the treasury of Tsar Paul.

credit: Tiaras A History of Splendour
Russia: Imperial Pink Diamond Wedding Tiara

Tags
jewellery, tiaras