The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Commoner

Westminster Tiara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
Does somebody happen to know what material the filler is made of? The tiara looks gorgeous! :)
The "filler" is blue enamel and is not translucent.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:25 AM

my favorite is of course the George IV state Diadem. The same one QEII wore in the beginning of the coronation.

Old 07-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Courtier

OK so I was on Getty images and I found a few tiara that i really liked and so i thought I would share them with you guys (and let me just say right now that I'm sorry if some of these are already on here, but oh well. And let me also say that I really don't know the names of these tiaras I just know the names of the people wearing them. anyways!)

1. H.M. Queen Elizabeth

2. Princess Birgitte(?), Duchess of Gloucester (did I spell that right?) Anyways, I can't really seem to find a close up picture of the tiara, so these are kinda the best ones I can find.

3. Princess Mary of Denmark. I think I might have actually seen this one a few pages back but I'm not that sure.

4. HM Queen Sofia of Spain.

5. Princess Louise, Duchess of Fife. OK I know this picture is some where on these forums, I'm not sure if its in this thread or not but I thought I would share this one too.

Well if anyone has any info on these tiaras I would be more then happy to receive any.

(Source: Getty Images Hosted: tinypic.com)
Old 07-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Royal Highness

I love the Hanover Fringe, the Swedish sapphire tiara, and the Norwegian emerald one.
Old 07-20-2006, 03:29 PM
Serene Highness

Well, if I can't have the Fife (sob), I'll take the Strathmore Rose. It's unique and I love the symbols of the flowers behind it.

Tiaras: A History of Splendour, Geoffrey Munn
Old 07-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the strathmore tiara. Did the Queen Mother leave it to the royal family or is back in the hands of the countess of strathmore. Its an excellent piece.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:39 PM
Serene Highness

The Strathmore Rose tiara was given to the queen mother by her father on the occasion of her wedding. It is private property in the hands of the royal family. I wouldn't be suprised to see it being worn again soon (hope, hope). Princess William anyone???
Old 07-21-2006, 11:50 AM
Courtier

Well good people when all the world is sad and dreary turn to RF and we are back to some truly drop dead gorgeous contraptions. The sun is shining and life is good again, even if it is hot as forty hells where I live. Juust about my favorite is the Westminster Princess Catherine B spinel tiara. I just wish they had done it in sapphires. then there is the Fife tiara (I can hear Warren, MN LS groaning "here does that lunatic Thomas again") which is just fabulous. We have looked long and hard dear acid rain to find an up to date picture of it to no avail.

Then there is the Desiree Clary parure worn by the DDG Princess Mary, which always revives ones spirits. I have to control myself and do only a restained and dignified droll when in public. I am so grateful to you, dear AR for finding another photo of the marvelous duchess of Glouchester in Princess Louise Cartier Indian Tiara. it really is a sight to see.

As for QEII, I do not really care very much for either of the two goodies she is wearing above. I wish one could post a photo of her wearing that fabulous Dehli Durbar necklace and the Princess Vladimir tiara set with the Cambridge emeralds. Now there is a knockout!!!! Like a dessicated weed dying of thirst in the desert I would have cooling waters poured upon me and I would be revived. Cheers. Thomas Parkman
Old 07-21-2006, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Emeralds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman
As for QEII.. I wish one could post a photo of her wearing that fabulous Dehli Durbar necklace and the Princess Vladimir tiara set with the Cambridge emeralds. Now there is a knockout!!!! Like a dessicated weed dying of thirst in the desert I would have cooling waters poured upon me and I would be revived. Cheers. Thomas Parkman
One could, Thomas.

EIIR: Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara with Cambridge Emeralds
and the Ladies of India Necklace, plus brooch
pic courtesy the Corbis agency

Old 07-21-2006, 12:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman
As for QEII, I do not really care very much for either of the two goodies she is wearing above. I wish one could post a photo of her wearing that fabulous Dehli Durbar necklace and the Princess Vladimir tiara set with the Cambridge emeralds. Now there is a knockout!!!! Like a dessicated weed dying of thirst in the desert I would have cooling waters poured upon me and I would be revived. Cheers. Thomas Parkman
And here's another picture to add to Warren's

pic originally from http://www.royal.gov.uk
and yes it is a shame that no one can find a newer picture of the Fife tiara :(
Old 07-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Glitter and sparkle!

one more, for detail.

The Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara with Cambridge Emeralds
pic courtesy Geoffrey Munn: 'Tiaras A History of Splendour' Antique Collectors' Club 2001
© Her Majesty The Queen

Old 07-21-2006, 02:29 PM
Serene Highness

My, oh my Warren. You sure know how to take a gal's breath away!
Old 07-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Serene Highness

When we are talking about beautiful tiaras:
Portlandshaps Tiara
source: Tiaras A History of Splendour

Portland Tiara

Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara with pearls
Old 07-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Courtier

Mims the second tiara is breathtaking! I love it, very beautiful tiara's.:)
Old 07-22-2006, 01:53 AM
Nobility

Mine is the impressive Spanish Fleur de Lys tiara:

thai.palaces.net
Old 07-22-2006, 03:14 AM
Commoner

Thank you to Warren and Mims for those spetacular HQ pictures of the most wonderful tiaras.
Old 07-22-2006, 03:57 AM

Thank you so much, Warren. The Crown of the Kings of Bavaria took my breath away!
Old 07-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Courtier

Oh my God. Well, when she gets herself decked out and really bejeweled it is a sight to see indeed. Enough to stop traffic. One cannot help but wonder what order that is QEII is wearing. Anyway the weed is revived. Cheers.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:41 AM
Serene Highness

More beautiful tiaras:

Boucheron daisy leaves and flowers tiara (I think it owns Bulgarian royal family- but maybe I'm wrong)
from Tiaras: a History of splendour

Brunei wedding tiara from gettyimages

diamond art deco tiara from Tiaras: a History of splendour worn by princess Sybilla of Luxembourg

diamond wedding tiara worn by Grand duchess Josephine Charlotte of Luxembourg
source: www.mag-nolia.tmfweb

Gandik tiara which belongs to malaysian royal family

Mellerio diamond floral tiara which belongs to spanish royal family
source: gettyimages
Old 07-23-2006, 04:03 AM
Administrator

The first Boucheron tiara pictured was owned by Princess Paul (Olga) of Yugoslavia, who was a sister of Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent.
I believe it is now owned by Olga's daughter Princess Elisabeth of Yugoslavia.

Tags
jewellery, tiaras