The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Commoner

Thanks for sharing and correcting Koh mean mountain also in Balochi and Dok means stone thanks for the point i believe new persian, hindi and urdu coming from Balochi language!!!!

we need peace, freedom, justice for all nations of this world.- i really Care
Old 05-03-2013, 09:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess Ravenna View Post
Does anyone know of any curse or superstition attached to the Timor Ruby (really a spinel) in QEII's collection, I believe one of the Crown Jewels? I remember reading that the Queen has never worn it...and I was wondering why, since it's a spectacular stone in an absolutely gorgeous setting. If I owned it, I think I'd sleep and shower with it on, it's just that astonishing...
I don't think there is a curse on the Timur. That's just legend and lore. If there was a curse or other negative properties related to spinel, I'm sure it would have been removed from the British Imperial Crown by now.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Aristocracy

Oh the Timur Ruby is not set in any of the Crown Jewels, but is still set in its original necklace - I doubt that it has ever been worn .

Tags
gemstones, jewellery