Duchess of Cambridge: Future Tiaras and Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Donovan

Commoner
City
Boston, Massachusetts
Country
United States
I would like to see Catherine all decked out for a State dinner, but I'm fearful that her image of wearing understated jewelry would be too jarring with a full on tiara, huge necklace, etc.!!

We'll have to wait and see, I suppose. I really like her in the Halo Scroll Tiara, I thought it was perfect for her wedding day. I think she might look very elegant in something non-traditional, like Crown Princess Victoria's Cut Steel Tiara (though maybe not that tall): The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Cut Steel Tiara

If you watch the video, you can really see how it sparkles.
The Cut Steel tiara is so pretty! <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Duchess of Cambridge Future Tiara Events

im still waiting for her to wear a tiara....i guess it might take some time?

I just do not think Catherine has the opportunity to be wearing major pieces of jewellery at the moment. I think it is unlikely she will be appearing with William at state banquets till they enter royal duties on a full time basis, or perhaps they may even wait till she is PoW.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just do not think Catherine has the opportunity to be wearing major pieces of jewellery at the moment. I think it is unlikely she will be appearing with William at state banquets till they enter royal duties on a full time basis, or perhaps they may even wait till she is PoW.

I do agree. I think when this will only happen when William and Kate become more involved in functions of state. However I do not think that Kate will go "over the top" with large, bulky jewels even though they are available in the vault. She is not that type of girl. I think it is more a case of "less is more". Then again even Diana, in her day, prefered the more simple, more elegant pieces.

Last edited:
im still waiting for her to wear a tiara....i guess it might take some time?

Well, I'm still hoping that Kate will wear her scroll tiara for some formal events during the Queen's Diamond Jubilee year. I'm sure she and William will certainly be attending some grand function for the Queen that could call for a tiara. After all, she did have her wedding earrings emulate the motif on the tiara, so I'm sure she does have the intention of wearing it again - hopefully sooner rather than later. And it's a smaller, more discreet tiara than the others in the royal collection, so it's a piece that she can make use out of presently rather than in the future.

Last edited:
Well, remember they will be keeping to themselves as much as possible for now. I'm sure we will see her in it next year, with all thats going on. But they are still newlyweds and are'nt likely to pop up for anything big, anytime soon. ;)

Well, I'm still hoping that Kate will wear her scroll tiara for some formal events during the Queen's Diamond Jubilee year. I'm sure she and William will certainly be attending some grand function for the Queen that could call for a tiara. After all, she did have her wedding earrings emulate the motif on the tiara, so I'm sure she does have the intention of wearing it again - hopefully sooner rather than later. And it's a smaller, more discreet tiara than the others in the royal collection, so it's a piece that she can make use out of presently rather than in the future.

I am not sure there will be a tiara event for the jubilee. If I recall correctly, they did not have a tiara event for the 2002 jubilee.

I am not sure there will be a tiara event for the jubilee. If I recall correctly, they did not have a tiara event for the 2002 jubilee.

Oh, well, if that's so, then there goes any chance of a tiara sighting in 2012. But just maybe it will be considered a more prestigious jubilee since it's the Diamond one. At this point, it's all speculation; only those in the know do know!

Thank you for the dates. I certainly hope we get some lovely coverage of the important events during the jubilee. Bring on the bling!!! :)

thx for the date..can we photoshop some tiaras for her...

Yay! Maybe if we get lucky, Diarist will pop in and give her expert opinion on when this might occur :)

If I were choosing a tiara for her I choose the one she wore for her wedding. I think it's called the Halo tiara, sorry but I'm not up on royal jewerly, (yet). I'd choose this one because it goes well with her style.

Blue_Stocking said:
If I were choosing a tiara for her I choose the one she wore for her wedding. I think it's called the Halo tiara, sorry but I'm not up on royal jewerly, (yet). I'd choose this one because it goes well with her style.

It does, and she looks lovely in it, but it would also be nice to see her in a tiara we haven't seen in awhile.

I think it's only a matter of time before she wears the Cambridge lover's knot, and I think it would be stunning against her dark hair

It does, and she looks lovely in it, but it would also be nice to see her in a tiara we haven't seen in awhile.

I think it's only a matter of time before she wears the Cambridge lover's knot, and I think it would be stunning against her dark hair

Isn't this the tiara that Diana wore all the time? If it is I would avoid it like the plague for a really looong time. I would not want to invite even more comparisons with my very famous mother-in-law!

Isn't this the tiara that Diana wore all the time? If it is I would avoid it like the plague for a really looong time. I would not want to invite even more comparisons with my very famous mother-in-law!

Indeed it is, but the tiara's stunning, she's the Duchess of Cambridge and Catherine is already wearing Diana's engagement ring which they've managed to get past. So why not the tiara?

In retrospect, I think comparisons between Kate and the late Diana have been few and far between. There are bound to be occasions when Kate wears something Diana wore and there will be comment that the piece, whatever it was, was also worn by her husband's mother...nothing wrong with that kind of mention. History has to be continuously repeated, as there are always new people falling under the "spell" of royals.

As for most of the jewelry being too large for Kate, our beloved QEII was 5'4" and very small. I've never been able to find her dress size at any time during her life, but from watching the coronation, it looks like she might have been an American size 8.

The jewelry is not to big for Kate. She can wear what she wants in her private time, but pretty much all I want from the royal ladies is a constant parade of historical jewels.

Isn't this the tiara that Diana wore all the time?
Hardly "all the time". Diana wore the Lovers Knot tiara rarely, and only in her early years as Princess of Wales. She found it too heavy and when a tiara was required preferred to borrow the Spencer Tiara from her father (and after his death, from her brother).
In any case, the Lovers Knot is a royal heirloom and each of its former wearers add to its provenance.

In retrospect, I think comparisons between Kate and the late Diana have been few and far between. There are bound to be occasions when Kate wears something Diana wore and there will be comment that the piece, whatever it was, was also worn by her husband's mother...nothing wrong with that kind of mention. History has to be continuously repeated, as there are always new people falling under the "spell" of royals.

As for most of the jewelry being too large for Kate, our beloved QEII was 5'4" and very small. I've never been able to find her dress size at any time during her life, but from watching the coronation, it looks like she might have been an American size 8.

The jewelry is not to big for Kate. She can wear what she wants in her private time, but pretty much all I want from the royal ladies is a constant parade of historical jewels.

Oh, absolutely, I think it's a requirement that Kate dip into the royal vaults and start wearing the historical pieces on official occasions. I'm sure she can work her way through what she feels comfortable with at first and as she increases her appearances, she can certainly wear the jewels fit for the occasion. Oh, to be faced with such a dilemma as she!!! :whistling: And I also think she would look absolutely beautiful in the Cambridge Lovers Knot tiara; I feel that Kate has established enough of her personality and character that she would put her own stamp on that particular piece without any comparisons to Diana. Royal jewels are meant to be worn, not set aside in adulation of the previous wearer. Each wearing brings its own luster and patina to the mystique of these historic gems and I can't wait to see Kate add to the lore of the royal jewel collection.

Last edited:
This looks like the programme for the Jubilee. Unless they add events, it doesn't look like a tiara event is scheduled. The Diamond Jubilee Central Weekend

I recall hearing when the Obamas visited that William and Kate did not attend the State Dinner because they are not full-time members of the royal family. Therefore, I imagine we won't see William and Kate at a State Dinner until they are full-time members. Will that be in 2013? I guess we'll see.

:previous: Thanks for the info. Sadly to say, it looks like we must wait awhile longer for Kate to break out a tiara for a formal occasion at which the couple will attend. :sad:

I think it will be a long time before anyone gets the "Wow factor" from Kates jewels. There really are not that many white tie and tiara events each year in the UK, unlike in Scandinavia.

:previous:Most likely not until Kate becomes the Princess of Wales will we see significant pieces from the royal collection, I would think, and even then it could be on a limited basis if state occasions are scaled back.

Last edited:
While I would dearly love to see Catherine in the Lover's Knot Tiara, I really think she does have to earn her "royal stripes" as the article says and put in more time as a royal before she's granted this serious piece to wear. I have no problem with any association of Diana wearing it; after all, she wasn't the only person to use this tiara being it has serious royal provenance. Jewels are made to be worn, not hidden away in the vaults because of reverence to any one person. Besides, as we all know, Kate's wedding earrings were made with the Scroll Tiara's motif in mind, so I'm sure we'll be seeing her get use out of that before the Lover's Knot comes into her possession.

I am looking forward to seeing Kate wear the scroll tiara without the wedding veil. I think it will look wonderful - particularly if she were to wear her hair up.

:previous: Absolutely, I also want to see see the Scroll worn without the veil. That tiara against piled-up hair would really be outstanding, but somehow I don't think that's going to happen. No doubt Kate will wear it with her long tresses or perhaps with her hair pulled back in a chignon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom