Duchess of Cambridge: Future Tiaras and Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Kate looks better with small and delicate tiaras. And preferable with a lovely upodo... The hair down and only partly up like it happened for her wedding and the reception when she appeared with a tiara on, were two disappointing and totally ruined looks... Even if the tiaras were beautiful! So next time, hair up please.

I think Kate looks better with small and delicate tiaras. And preferable with a lovely upodo... The hair down and only partly up like it happened for her wedding and the reception when she appeared with a tiara on, were two disappointing and totally ruined looks... Even if the tiaras were beautiful! So next time, hair up please.

I, too, hope that she wears her hair up when she next wears a tiara.

Camilla is too smart to open herself up to that criticism....and why when she has a treasure trove of Jewels. She does not wear anything PD wore.

I agree...it would cause nothing but ill comment and it's not like she doesn't have other options.

LaRae

I don't think either Camilla or Kate would want to wear the tiara. The comparisons would be ridiculous .

The more I think about it, the more I am inclined to believe that the next time we will possibly see the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara will be at Diana's granddaughter Charlotte's wedding. Now that would be a very fitting and gracious way of reintroducing the tiara back into use without recriminations or stepping on any toes.

I know it's not likely, but I would love to see Catherine get a new tiara of her own, one that isn't associated with Diana or any other RF member. I think it would be wonderful if she got one designed especially for her hair and coloring and taste. She deserves it!

I know it's not likely, but I would love to see Catherine get a new tiara of her own, one that isn't associated with Diana or any other RF member. I think it would be wonderful if she got one designed especially for her hair and coloring and taste. She deserves it!

It might be nice, but a bit wasteful, too.

There are already so many tiaras, and they are seldom worn.

Unless maybe she got one that also could double as a necklace?

The more I think about it, the more I am inclined to believe that the next time we will possibly see the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara will be at Diana's granddaughter Charlotte's wedding. Now that would be a very fitting and gracious way of reintroducing the tiara back into use without recriminations or stepping on any toes.
That seems very possible to me. At least I think it will be seen in Charlotte's generation, not in Kate's.
I disagree. For me a historical family tiara is worth more than a new piece, and Kate deserves to wear the historic heirlooms. But who knows, the Queen has comissioned new tiaras for herself, so why shouldn't Kate one day.

Last edited:
It might be nice, but a bit wasteful, too.

There are already so many tiaras, and they are seldom worn.

Unless maybe she got one that also could double as a necklace?
I would rather they don't create new tiaras but buy back old ones. That would make more sense. They still get new ones but also conserves culture and art.

One must remember, it's Catherine place to wear the family heirlooms and I think the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara would be very fitting for her to wear. If not State Banquets, then she could wear it to attend the State Opening of Parliament in the future. It's a shame that such a beautiful jewel has been left to gather dust over the years. It was meant to be worn, so wear it.

Or when Kate is Princess of Wales (If the title still exists.) Personally I'd like to see it set against her dark hair.

Also remember, no matter what family heirloom Catherine wear as a senior royal, people will always look back to which royal wore it in the past. That's just how the cookie crumbles. That can't stop her from wearing the family jewels. Catherine can do what Queen Victoria, Alexandra, Mary, Queen Mother, The Queen, Anne and Margaret has done. They wore the jewels and passed them down. Catherine can wear the Lover's Knot Tiara and later pass it down to Charlotte when she's old enough to wear it, even even possibly to George's future wife, but in the meantime, it's Catherine's place to wear it too.

I can tell you one thing, The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara isn't something that would be just sitting around gathering dust if the Swedish, Danish, Spanish or Norwegian royals had it. They believe in wearing their jewels and sharing it when possible.

Last edited:
Also remember, no matter what family heirloom Catherine wear as a senior royal, people will always look back to which royal wore it in the past. That's just how the cookie crumbles. That can't stop her from wearing the family jewels. Catherine can do what Queen Victoria, Alexandra, Mary, Queen Mother, The Queen, Anne and Margaret has done. They wore the jewels and passed them down. Catherine can wear the Lover's Knot Tiara and later pass it down to Charlotte when she's old enough to wear it, even even possibly to George's future wife, but in the meantime, it's Catherine's place to wear it too.

I can tell you one thing, The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara isn't something that would be just sitting around gathering dust if the Swedish, Danish, Spanish or Norwegian royals had it. They believe in wearing their jewels and sharing it when possible.
True, but even the Swedes are sensitive to image problems. Like with that convertable ruby tiara/necklace. It wasn't worn much while still controversial. I think that just because you can doesn't mean you should. Kate and William are already accused of riding Dianas coattails, I'm not sure they wanna add to that. I'm not suggesting it should be locked away forever. But maybe wait until later. Maybe when she's queen even? Or wait for Charlotte or George's bride. That will give some distance and avoid too much controversy. It's not like they dont have other tiaras that could use getting dug out of the vaults :)

Almost every tiara in BRF was someone else 's before.

I can understand why Camilla to stay away from the Cambridge Lovers Knot Tiara. However, there is no reason for Kate not to wear it especially since she is the Duchess of Cambridge. It came from Queen Mary who willed to the Queen and was loaned to Diana. Diana was not the first person to wear it and shouldn't be last. Kate is just starting on tiara wearing events.

When William is King, the whole Royal vault will be hers to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

True, but even the Swedes are sensitive to image problems. Like with that convertable ruby tiara/necklace. It wasn't worn much while still controversial. I think that just because you can doesn't mean you should. Kate and William are already accused of riding Dianas coattails, I'm not sure they wanna add to that. I'm not suggesting it should be locked away forever. But maybe wait until later. Maybe when she's queen even? Or wait for Charlotte or George's bride. That will give some distance and avoid too much controversy. It's not like they dont have other tiaras that could use getting dug out of the vaults :)

But my question is, what controversy is associated with The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara? It has been worn by Queen Mary, The Queen and Diana. There's nothing controversial about the tiara. What's so wrong with Catherine wearing it?

Almost every tiara in BRF was someone else 's before.

I can understand why Camilla to stay away from the Cambridge Lovers Knot Tiara. However, there is no reason for Kate not to wear it especially since she is the Duchess of Cambridge. It came from Queen Mary who willed to the Queen and was loaned to Diana. Diana was not the first person to wear it and shouldn't be last. Kate is just starting on tiara wearing events.

When William is King, the whole Royal vault will be hers to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
The thing is, the Cambridge connection is not really there. It's falsly called that since it's similar (and based in design) of a pearl tiara of the then Duchess of Cambridge. But it actually has no connection itself to Cambridge..

But my question is, what controversy is associated with The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara? It has been worn by Queen Mary, The Queen and Diana. There's nothing controversial about the tiara. What's so wrong with Catherine wearing it?
No, but Diana and the royal family and Diana+Kate connections are still controversial, and since people are digging HARD for Diana connections I would personally just don't want to poke the bear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Lovers' Knot Diadem will be worn by the future Princess Henry of Wales, as much Diana's son as William.

One must remember, it's Catherine place to wear the family heirlooms and I think the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara would be very fitting for her to wear. If not State Banquets, then she could wear it to attend the State Opening of Parliament in the future. It's a shame that such a beautiful jewel has been left to gather dust over the years. It was meant to be worn, so wear it.

I agree. And i think she will have to wear it a few times and then it will probably not be seen as Diana's tiara. Look at for example the danish ruby Parure: It weas so closely associated with Queen ingrid because she was the only one who has worn it for over 60 yerars. But now it has became associated with Mary as she has worn it on regulary since her Wedding.

Last edited:
No, but Diana and the royal family and Diana+Kate connections are still controversial, and since people are digging HARD for Diana connections I would personally just don't want to poke the bear.

What went down between Diana and her marriage has nothing to do with the family tiara. I think this whole controversial idea is pretty much made up.

I agree. And i think she will have to wear it a few times and then it will probably not be seen as Diana's tiara. Look at for example the danish ruby Parure: It weas so closely associated with Queen ingrid because she was the only one who has worn it for over 60 yserars. But now it has became associated with mary as she has worn it on a regulary since her Wedding.
Yes, but Ingrid wasn't a world know figure surrounded in scandals and movies made about her etc etc.

What went down between Diana and her marriage has nothing to do with the family tiara. I think this whole controversial idea is pretty much made up.
That's easy to say. But since EVERY post made by KP or magazines around the royal family STILL has at least one comment about Diana, I would rather be safe than sorry if I were them. Just leave the tiara some breathing room and wait until the people that remember Diana are older and fewer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question: the tiaras that The Queen gave to Princess Sophie and Princess Anne, will eventually return to its rightfull place? Or are Sophie's and Anne's forever with them and their families. I wonder, Queens giving tiaras to daughters-in-law or daughters that will never succed the throne but not returning back. Doesn't the royal vault decrease with time?

I have a question: the tiaras that The Queen gave to Princess Sophie and Princess Anne, will eventually return to its rightfull place? Or are Sophie's and Anne's forever with them and their families. I wonder, Queens giving tiaras to daughters-in-law or daughters that will never succed the throne but not returning back. Doesn't the royal vault decrease with time?
We wont know until they pass away. I HOPE the queen is clever enough to at least have the important pieces revert back to the crown. But this is why they should have a foundation for it....

I just think folks need to sop making it seem like Diana was some bad omen and any family jewel associated with her should be kept at arms length for generations. I just think it's a shame that even in death she's treated badly. People should just stop doing that.

The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara is a beautiful piece of jewelry that's in the royal family collection. It should be worn whenever possible. Also, it hasn't been worn since the early 90's, it's been sitting in the vaults long enough.

I would imagine Anne and Sophie, as members of the royal family, would return pieces from the Royal Vault back to where they came from for future use by the family.

When Diana died, the Lover's Knot was returned to the vaults. Sarah, Duchess of York, I believe, is the only one that has kept her tiara as it was a gift from the Queen and made especially for her and not a significant piece from the royal collection.

Part of Queen Mary's collection for example actually ended up with collateral lines of the Windsor family like the Kents and Gloucesters.

The only safe way really to prevent items from being dispersed by inheritance would to be to transfer them from the Queen's personal collection to the Royal Collection Trust.

Last edited:
I just think folks need to sop making it seem like Diana was some bad omen and any family jewel associated with her should be kept at arms length for generations. I just think it's a shame that even in death she's treated badly. People should just stop doing that.

The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara is a beautiful piece of jewelry that's in the royal family collection. It should be worn whenever possible. Also, it hasn't been worn since the early 90's, it's been sitting in the vaults long enough.
I agree with all the logic. But when it comes to Diana, alot of people are not acting logically. I personally do not feel or think those things. Diana died before I was even aware of royalty outside my fairytales. But I see why from a PR standpoint, avoiding the tiara for a while makes the most sense.

Back
Top Bottom