Duchess of Cambridge: Future Tiaras and Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They look like something she would wear....maybe we'll see them!

LaRae

Strangely enough, I would love to see her all dressed up in a fabulous gown and the tiara hair from heaven (aka Sweden), and nestled in those chocolate tresses . . . the Halo Scroll and her matching wedding earrings hanging elegantly from her lobes.

It's first "white on white" appearance was a total bust and yet it is a thing of beauty.

I agree, the halo scroll tiara would look wonderful on her with 'Swedish' tiara hair, and the wedding earrings fit the tiara beautifully. It is far too long that we haven't seen them.

After giving the halo scroll one or too good outings, she could do us the favour of similar outings of the papyrus tiara. With proper hair and a decent photo opportunity that must look splendid as well.

If only the Duchess of Cambridge had more tiara events to attend! But there are just the annual diplomatic reception when we often don't even know who attends them :bang:.

Apparently the Duchess of Cambridge is attending a State Banquet in October - I imagine we'll finally get some decent photos of her looking very regal in a tiara.
My guess is that she'll either be using the Halo Scroll Tiara or the Papyrus Tiara as these seem to be the two that she has been given to use.

I very much hope that the Cambridges are really attending that State Banquet. But at this stage their attendance hasn't been confirme. Basically it is just a speculation started by a magazine.

Invitations to State Banquets are sent by the Foreign Office with consultation from Buckingham Palace.

Given William''s successful visit to China I think the FO may well invite the Cambridges to attend.

Catherine will probably wear the halo scroll tiara.

I very much hope that the Cambridges are really attending that State Banquet. But at this stage their attendance hasn't been confirme. Basically it is just a speculation started by a magazine.

That's right, though we can still continue to speculate that, should she attend, what tiara she might wear!

My vote is for the Papyrus / Lotus Flower.

:flowers: Yes, we can hope and speculate. And it may well be that the Cambridges are invited, just for now the invitation is not a fact, but speculation. That is what I wanted to emphasize.

I think that Catherine will wear the halo scroll for her next tiara event(s). My reasoning is that the papyrus tiara was only an exception, because the Cartier halo scroll was exhibited in Paris at the time she needed a tiara. And I’d love to see the scroll without that dense veil and with a lovely updo on her. I bet it would look just lovely.

:flowers: Yes, we can hope and speculate. And it may well be that the Cambridges are invited, just for now the invitation is not a fact, but speculation. That is what I wanted to emphasize.

I think that Catherine will wear the halo scroll for her next tiara event(s). My reasoning is that the papyrus tiara was only an exception, because the Cartier halo scroll was exhibited in Paris at the time she needed a tiara. And I’d love to see the scroll without that dense veil and with a lovely updo on her. I bet it would look just lovely.

Yes, the halo would look really pretty against her dark hair :)

I agree halo scroll tiara for the next event.

The british collection of jewels is just amazing. I believe Queen can give to Duchess a lot choices of that for the first State Banquet.

Its a beautiful necklace but i agree that requires a bit of cleavage.

Oh my agree oriental circlet perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone watching the news from China these days? I don't want to go off topic, but none of this is completely clear yet.

I went back and double checked - State Visits do not always have State Dinners (see the 2013 UAE State Visit).
The program for the visit has not been shared yet - not even dates are confirmed.
Things are equally murky here in the US where Xi Jinping is due for a state visit at the end of the Month. He'll address the UN in NYC on the 29th. There are rumors he will stop in Seattle for trade related talks. Our President last confirmed that there would be a visit in July. But nothing is confirmed yet for the state visit. Rumors are even floating around that the state visit part of the trip may be cancelled or downsized to some other kind of talks.

Tiara events may be seen as insensitive if the Chinese markets continue to wobble. Just saying to not count your tiara events until they have been hatched.

Maybe with the wedding earrings as well? Plus some loaned necklace? :)

I am hoping for any of:

a) a re-run of the Nizam of Hyderabad diamond necklace, with either her wedding earrings or the ones she wore in LA and then again for the Diplomatic Reception in 2013

b) her emerald demi-parure

The design is not so much my liking. The same necklace in a circle design would be so much more pleasing to the eye. Of course, as always: taste is in the eye of the beholder.

amen! that is my hope as well. Kate has a long neck and not ample enough cleavage (how does one say that nicely? :whistling:) so that the appropriate neckline would not be risque. A well crafted dress would be stunning!
Exactly!

And if we should go over the top dreamy, I wish to add the oriental circlet. Because it would fit so well! And... oriental! Plus the Queen has only worn it once!! Imagine Kate showing up in THAT! :O

Ive dared to dream! would love the Oriental Circlet!

Lovely as it is, Kate will have to wait to wear the Oriental Circlet; it is reserved for Queens, Regnant and Consort.

Lovely as it is, Kate will have to wait to wear the Oriental Circlet; it is reserved for Queens, Regnant and Consort.

i did not know... interesting ... and completely appropriate as it is not quite a crown,... yet more substantial than a mere tiara. thanks for the info.

That is gorgeous Dman.

LaRae

Isn't it rumoured that it's on loan to Camilla?

Rumored, but as she's never worn it, no confirmation.

My guess is that Kate will wear the halo scroll, which I'm happy with- I'd like to see it on her without the wedding veil.

As she let Diana and Sophie borrow it, I hope the Queen let's her wear this necklace soon:

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The King Faisal Diamond Necklace

Or this necklace:

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Art Deco Emerald Choker

The halo scroll tiara with the King Faisal Necklace its perfect combination.

Also this tiara great choice for Catherine :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved Catherine's wedding tiara. It's understated, and delicate. I hope to see her in it for the State Banquet.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Back
Top Bottom