Duchess of Cambridge: Future Tiaras and Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Duchess of Cambridge: BRF jewels we would like to see her use

Now that Catherine has started to get access to some of HMs jewels (Papyrus tiara, Nizam of Hyderabad necklace) I thought it would be good to have one place where we could discuss jewels belonging to the BRF that we would like to see Catherine use.

My own personal wish list:

> Greville ruby necklace
> Greville chandelier earrings
> Godman emerald demi-parure
> South African diamond necklace and bracelet
> Delhi Durbar emerald choker

Catherine has a future tiara an jewellery thread.

Empress Marie Federwhatever's Sapphire Bandeau tiara that Margaret wore a couple of times in the 1950s or 1960s.

The Strathmore Rose Tiara

The Queen Anne and Queen Caroline Pearl Necklaces

The Greville Ruby Necklace
HM South African Diamonds (her Best Diamonds)
The Marie Feodorovna sapphire tiara
The Saudi Sapphires presented to the Princess of Wales on her wedding in 1981 (and that is the only set of Diana's jewellery I want to see Catherine wear in the near future).

The Oriental Circlet Tiara

Those are my two that I would like to see her in now. I know that some of the others are not going to grace her head for a while.

The Oriental Circlet Tiara

Those are my two that I would like to see her in now. I know that some of the others are not going to grace her head for a while.

She will need to be Queen before she gets to wear the Oriental Circlet.

It would be nice to see Catherine wear a choker, quite like Camilla does. I know they are not fashionable at the moment, but she could kick off a trend.

It is just a question of time. Each minute brings the Duchess of Cambridge closer to the moment that she will be Queen and have access to the bulk of the royal jewels. All Catherine needs to do is to wait.

:flowers:

:previous: For the jewels that only Queen's and Queen Consorts wear, yes, Catherine will have to wait for that. She do have access to some major pieces though. It's all down to her willing to wear them and she have already played around with a few jewels.

I'm wondering if she and William will attend the Singapore State Visit next month. If so, she'll be wearing a tiara. The next tiara event after that is the Royal Reception for the Diplomatic Corps at Buckingham Palace. She and William attended last year.

:previous: For the jewels that only Queen's and Queen Consorts wear, yes, Catherine will have to wait for that. She do have access to some major pieces though. It's all down to her willing to wear them and she have already played around with a few jewels.

I'm wondering if she and William will attend the Singapore State Visit next month. If so, she'll be wearing a tiara. The next tiara event after that is the Royal Reception for the Diplomatic Corps at Buckingham Palace. She and William attended last year.

Access to what additional major pieces?

Access to royal jewels is within the Queen's gift - not on demand. She already has 1, poss 2 tiaras and a major necklace; and chandelier earrings (think that's the correct term) plus the engagement ring.

We have no info at all on access to more of Diana's personal jewellery and can't assume that she will get any of it.

I dont think its about her willingness to wear major pieces - we dont know if she has any over and above that whcih we have seen already.

:previous: Lets not forget that beautiful diamond bracelet that her father-in-law gave her too. So far, I think that's my favorite piece that she wears.

:previous: Lets not forget that beautiful diamond bracelet that her father-in-law gave her too. So far, I think that's my favorite piece that she wears.

that's her's - not from the royal vaults. I like it as well. I'm first in line she gets bored with it - probably after she gets her hands on Queen Victoria's bracelet

Edit

http://queensjewelvault.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/queen-victorias-diamond-bracelet.html

I have a great pic of it from "The Queen's Diamonds" by Hugh Roberts.

Last edited:
Access to what additional major pieces?

Access to royal jewels is within the Queen's gift - not on demand. She already has 1, poss 2 tiaras and a major necklace; and chandelier earrings (think that's the correct term) plus the engagement ring.

We have no info at all on access to more of Diana's personal jewellery and can't assume that she will get any of it.

I dont think its about her willingness to wear major pieces - we dont know if she has any over and above that whcih we have seen already.

I do think she have access to her mother-in-laws jewels that was left to William & Harry. Although, I wasn't talking about those jewels. I was stating that Catherine have access to some jewels the Queen has loaned her. I think the Queen is always willing to loan out some jewels to Catherine, Camilla and Sophie, if they are willing to ask and seek.

I wonder though does she even known what all jewels possessed by the Queen? There are known pieces of course but I can imagine there are a number that are not commonly seen.

LaRae

I wonder though does she even known what all jewels possessed by the Queen? There are known pieces of course but I can imagine there are a number that are not commonly seen.

LaRae
Given that she is a minimalist when it comes to jewelry, she probably doesn't know which of the Queen's jewels she is able to borrow.

That is one of the differences between me and her: that would have been one of my first questions-I would have been humble, of course.

It's not a real rule, but there are certain unwritten rules- jewelry associated with Queens that has never been seen on a more junior member of the family. That's one such piece.

No reason she couldn't wear it, it's just highly unlikely based on precedent

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Catherine has a nice neck for a choker. Lots of length there.:flowers:

It would be nice to see Catherine wear a choker, quite like Camilla does. I know they are not fashionable at the moment, but she could kick off a trend.

I'd actually love to see her wear the halo scroll with a fabulous opdo. We never got a decent view of it at her wedding as on the way up the aisle it was lost on top of the heavy ivory silk tulle and covered by the blusher and, on the way back down ,it was framed against a double layer with veil's blusher. A virtual whiteout. Now to see it nestled on some lovely dark coils or curls . . .that would be worth seeing.

I'd actually love to see her wear the halo scroll with a fabulous opdo. We never got a decent view of it at her wedding as on the way up the aisle it was lost on top of the heavy ivory silk tulle and covered by the blusher and, on the way back down ,it was framed against a double layer with veil's blusher. A virtual whiteout. Now to see it nestled on some lovely dark coils or curls . . .that would be worth seeing.

Agreed totally- would be fabulous to see it put to good use. The veil did obscure the view of it and it hasn't been put to good use since Margaret

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

It would be great to actually see Catherine in a more regal light. The British royals like to play down their regal attire these days. Back in the day, they used to show their glamours side more than they do today. There used to be official portraits released of them in their tiara's, order's and military gear. Also, pictures of them attending State Banquets were published. Now it's all pretty much a watered down approach to these things.

It would be great to actually see Catherine in a more regal light. The British royals like to play down their regal attire these days. Back in the day, they used to show their glamours side more than they do today. There used to be official portraits released of them in their tiara's, order's and military gear. Also, pictures of them attending State Banquets were published. Now it's all pretty much a watered down approach to these things.

I think its a more watered down atmosphere in a lot of places other than just the royals. Back in the day, a lady would never dream of going to church in pants let alone without hat, gloves and purse. I kind of miss the dressier occasions where one would wear their "Sunday best" rather than dress for a casual dinner out with the family. :D

Given that she is a minimalist when it comes to jewelry, she probably doesn't know which of the Queen's jewels she is able to borrow.

That is one of the differences between me and her: that would have been one of my first questions-I would have been humble, of course.

There are two things required: a large collection of jewels and genuine interest in these. After all: when there is an interest but there is no collection, then we are soon finished, of course...

Queen Elizabeth, the Duchess of Cornwall and Queen Máxima of the Netherlands come to mind as ladies with access to a large collection ánd with a genuine interest in these, not only for evening- but also for day wear. Also willing to 'play' with these and be inventive. This is not (yet) the case with the Duchess of Cambridge. She seldom or rarely "spices up" with a nice brooch or something. But she is young and when her role changes, when her husband becomes the Duke of Cornwall, Prince of Wales eventually, she will possibly go a level higher in formality.

:flowers:

:previous:Oh I so agree with you, I remember going to church in black patent leather shoes, white socks, white gloves and a hat, my grandmother made sure I was dressed like a lady, now days, the things I see at church, you would see in a nightclub........grrrrrr, when will girls dress like ladies again is not something I see in the distant future.

^Why? Is there some rule I am not aware of (as is certainly possible)?

The Oriental Circlet was one of the items left to the Crown, and has only been worn by Queens (regnant, consorts and dowagers) since.

I am sure there is no issue if a senior royal lady did use it with the consent of the monarch, but it does not appear to have been done so far.

Back
Top Bottom