Duchess of Cambridge: Future Tiaras and Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is tiara hair related - but I do want to ask this here.

All of Catherine's hair updo moments piled her hair more to the back than more frontish - which would be where she needs it for a tiara.

So it will be quite a departure for her to wear it piled as the base for a tiara.

Does that make it more likely then for her to wear her hair down with tiaras? Camilla does it so well, but she has a large head and fluffy hair. The queen as well.

Well she managed quite well the Scroll Tiara with her hair down, so I'm sure she will have no problems wearing larger Tiaras with a loose hair.

As for up-doos, I think she hasn't had an up-doo way on top yet, her latest up-doos were all low, close to the neck. I think that an up-doo on the top and a Tiara never goes wrong and Catherine has a nice hair that with bigger Tiaras will be aboslutely flawless!

Last edited:
:previous: What a load of old cobblers! The "article" isn't even well researched, instead it bemoans the fact that Camilla wears jewellery and Catherine often doesn't. Those are personal choices.

Camilla has a lot of jewellery, the greater part she brought with her into her marriage. Two out of three of her tiara's are loaners from the Queen but I think the Deli Durbar was a oncer for CHOGM.
Catherine too has a nifty collection from both before her wedding and since. Whether she bothers to wear it or not is entirely up to her. Her one tiara is a gift from the Queen and she has not attended any gala occasion worthy of a tiara since her wedding.

So, is she supposed to drip diamonds in Tescos?

Last edited:
Not sure which one but she's wearing on this evening;

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 3m
The Duchess of Cambridge, the 1st time since her wedding day, s wearing a diamond tiara with a light-coloured lace gown.William in white tie

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 1m
Kate's tiara looks to me like the diamond fan-motif tiara that once belonged to the Queen Mother & later Princess Margaret.

Potentially not Halo because Halo is a wave pattern.

Papyrus is a possibility - http://media.tumblr.com/89d974f223bc4547768ecbdfc8aeeaf2/tumblr_inline_mf92ads1vW1ryby8q.jpg

Last edited:
Mark Stewart @RegalEyes on Twitter
Kate's tiara looks to me like the diamond fan-motif tiara that once belonged to the Queen Mother & later Princess Margaret.

So the Halo tiara?

That is torture! So the Duchess of Camridge is finally wearing a tiara again, and there are no pics? How can the Palace do that to us?

I guess that Kate would look heavenly with the papyrus tiara! And to think that it is back to the royal vault, and not with the Linley's... I'm dying with curiosity. Can someone please gatecrash the palace and make some pic ;):p?

We have pictures, they just haven't been released yet.

The Papyrus is thought to have been with the Linleys as Serena wore it on her wedding day.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 3m
I also believe it to be the Queen Mother's fan-motif tiara, often called the lotus flower tiara.....

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 3m
I also believe it to be the Queen Mother's fan-motif tiara, often called the lotus flower tiara.....

This is so exciting! It would be confirmation that Margaret's tiaras with family history did go back to the Queen and the main royal family line.

There was speculation that the Lotus tiara was now owned by David Linley, and if Kate wore it, we'll know that's not the case.

We have pictures, they just haven't been released yet.

The Papyrus is thought to have been with the Linleys as Serena wore it on her wedding day.

maybe the Queen bought it back to save it from the auction as it was the QMs and had more historical provenance. Or - maybe it was on loan to Margaret and therefore not eligible to be sold in the Pss Margaret auction.

Please let her have an up-do and not her wedding hair-style. :)

I never said it was sold, nor was it in permanent possession. I said it was "with" the Linleys and if they still have it, it evidently was not sold.

Please let her have an up-do and not her wedding hair-style. :)

Unlucky, we have a similar wedding day hairstyle.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 4s
The Duchess is wearing her hair in a half-up, half-down style to show off the tiara. Her dress, when you see it, is by Alexander McQueen

PICTURE PICTURE PICTURE.

Royal Central
‏@RoyalCentral
What we’ve all been waiting for: The Duchess of Cambridge in a tiara. (from @RegalEyes)

https://twitter.com/RoyalCentral/status/407985271586553857/photo/1

Which tiara is it? The Papyrus???
It looks so stunning!
I mean: please, let her wear a tiara more often: it looks so good! (although, an updo would be even more stunning I think)
And... She has already worn two different tiaras!!!!

Is it known if these were the only photos taken or are there to be some full length shots as well?

Is it known if these were the only photos taken or are there to be some full length shots as well?

This is it, it was a private event and no photos were taken on arrival or inside the reception. These were taken en route, similar to the ones we got of Camilla a few years ago.

Not the most flattering pictures of the Duchess i'm afraid...
Looking lovely though.

this makes no sense to me at all

Car pictures are usually not the best. We can ad that she's not facing the camera and is caught talking mouth open making her face looking so hard. It's a bit a shame for a great tiara outing like that.
But it's so great to see a beautiful jewel back from the vaults...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom