Duchess of Cambridge: Future Tiaras and Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not that I think a parure is in the offing - but Wiliam would discuss it with his Grandmother if he wanted to create a new set out of existing stones. It could be given to Catherine for lifetime use and revert to the crown - thus not infuriating the public with the acquisition of luxuries while avoiding tax issues with outright gifts. Just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
William would never ask his grandmother for such a thing nor would it even enter his mind.

The Cartier Scroll Tiara is now at Catherine's use. She was given this tiara for her wedding most likely she will wear it again. I'm sure there are other jewels that Catherine can use. She have the Saudi Suite so I think she will put them to use.

At some point, I think once they become full time royals, Catherine will need a tiara and other jewels for State Banquets and other State events.

Even then until William becomes the heir, I can't see them attending many state banquets but we may well be surprised.

Well - if the Cambridges go to the inauguration of Willem-Alexander, we will see!

I would love to see her in the Cambridge lovers knot tiara as it has her title in it's name; it was worn by Diana and the "lovers knot" part of it's name is very romantic for a young married woman.

I would love to see her in the Cambridge lovers knot tiara as it has her title in it's name; it was worn by Diana and the "lovers knot" part of it's name is very romantic for a young married woman.[/QU

The more I look at Kate and the more I look at the Lover's Knot tiara the more I think it'd be one she would wear for a state occasion as a Princess of Wales and more or less expected. She seems to like to wear her hair down and loose and naturalistic and that wouldn't support the LK well.

TBH, I really don't see many occasions in the near future where she would even need a tiara. I'm thinking those days are gradually fading out.

I'd be concerned that the Lovers Knot would be a bit overwhelming for Kate...it might wear here instead of her wearing it.

LaRae

I read somewhere Catherine actually received another tiara as a wedding gift, but chose the Scroll Tiara to wear for her wedding day. I agree The Queen would certainly have offered the Cartier tiara for her future use, but it also could have been "something borrowed" and was returned.

We'll just have to wait and see.
I'd be concerned that the Lovers Knot would be a bit overwhelming for Kate...it might wear here instead of her wearing it.
I agree. It's a big tiara and is said to be quite heavy. And Catherine has a smaller head than Diana did, so it might not work on her.
Do we know for a fact that she actually has the suite?
Well, I'm sure the parure is available to her. It belongs to William and Harry now.

I read somewhere Catherine actually received another tiara as a wedding gift, but chose the Scroll Tiara to wear for her wedding day. I agree The Queen would certainly have offered the Cartier tiara for her future use, but it also could have been "something borrowed" and was returned.

We'll just have to wait and see.

I can see Kate being very understated for the time being and if needed, she'll wear the tiara she wore for their wedding. As HM has a fondness for her scarfs, so does Kate for certain things she has. The importance and glamor of a tiara aren't in their makeup methinks.

I agree. It's a big tiara and is said to be quite heavy. And Catherine has a smaller head than Diana did, so it might not work on her.

Right.... Diana was taller and more stately than Kate.

LaRae

I don't think anyone is expecting Catherine to wear a tiara everyday or anything. I'm just pointing out that like The Queen, Anne, Camilla and Sophie, Catherine will wear a tiara and necklace when it comes down to attending a State Banquet or another State event like Opening of Parliament.

Usually when the royal brides receive a tiara for their wedding, they also go on to wear the tiara at other official events. Sophie has worn her wedding tiara many times at Banquets and royal weddings. So has Anne, Princess Alexandra, Diana and so forth. Most likely Catherine will wear her Scroll Tiara again. I'm just pointing out that she most likely have other tiara's at her disposal like Anne and Sophie.

Yes, I also think Catherine have the Saudi Suite. She wear the diamond and sapphire earrings all the time.

Last edited:
It's possible the boys split the Saudi Jewels up...Kate may not have all of it.

LaRae

:previous:
That's my understanding too. In fact, I would be very surprised if most of Diana's personal jewellery wasn't inherited by Harry; after all, William's wife will one day have access to all jewels in the royal collection.

Well as I understand it Harry actually had the famous engagement ring but the boys had an agreement whoever got married first could have it if they wanted it.

Even so I can't imagine Diana not sharing it equally between the boys, even if Williams future wife would get the royal jewels.

LaRae

I just want to see that gorgeous pearl and sapphire choker being worn again; that's too magnificent not to be seen at some point.

Last edited:
I think Catherine has the suite but I'm sure it will be shared with Harry's wife down the line. The family heirlooms are shared.

Last edited:
Right.... Diana was taller and more stately than Kate.

LaRae

Diana at the time was also Princess of Wales and expected to. I think the Duchess of Cornwall wears what she needs to wear and hasn't been compared with Diana yet

Camilla wears her grand tiara's pretty well and, no, she hasn't been compared to Diana. The media haven't tried it yet, to my knowledge.

I think Catherine can pull off the Lover's Knot Tiara. I also think she can pull off this tiara: http://indypendentroyalty.tumblr.com/image/46084061703. Margaret is wearing one of Queen Mary's bandeau's but it haven't been seen in public in decades.

I also think Catherine can pull off the Teck Tiara's: http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/2011/04/tiara-thursday-teck-tiaras.html
It's been said that Camilla have the tiara but she hasn't worn it and pretty much stick to the other tiara's that The Queen Mother wore more often. The Teck Circle Tiara can be worn as a necklace too. Some think Margaret's daughter have the necklace but she most likely won't wear it because she don't attend State events. I think it's been given back to The Queen.

Last edited:
I think both those woulod look lovely on Kate I don't think she is up to the sapphire and pearl ckoker yet IMO of course and the Saudi stuff I really didn't like those pieces on Diana so I don't think they are for Kate ... but I could be wrong ....

I think both those woulod look lovely on Kate I don't think she is up to the sapphire and pearl ckoker yet IMO of course and the Saudi stuff I really didn't like those pieces on Diana so I don't think they are for Kate ... but I could be wrong ....

Honestly I think as time passes. the days of tiaras and white ties will be few and almost to the point of being "in the old days".

I'm not sure about that. Charles is pretty old school when it comes down to royal regalia.

The British royals used to dress to the nines for gala's, opera's, film performances and official dinners. Sadly that magic has died away for the British royals. They have managed to cut it down to just the State Opening of Parliament, State Banquets and the Official Diplomatic Corps Reception. They also wear their regalia at the Balmoral Ghillies' Ball.

I do think it's sad that they don't have many pictures and videos of these events. One thing about the other European royals, they have managed to keep their regalia events alive and fresh. Their events don't look outdated and I think most royal watchers, especially on these forums, can't wait for another royal regalia event to come up. There may be a regal event included for the Dutch Inauguration. Also, I think Princess Madeleine's wedding will require regalia for the royals.

As a senior member of the royal family and future Princess of Wales/Queen. I think Catherine deserve to wear the royal family heirlooms like royals before her. Some of the jewels will only pass down to her once she's Queen Consort but there are jewels she can wear as the Duchess of Cambridge.

As Queen Margarethe put it- the jewels are made to be worn and not locked up in a box collecting dust. She dug the Cartier Scroll Tiara out, time to start digging for some more when it's needed.

Last edited:
Honestly I think as time passes. the days of tiaras and white ties will be few and almost to the point of being "in the old days".

I think so too.
Those tiaras are very uncomfortable and take a lot of fussing with to look decent; I think most women will prefer to wear other jewels and leave the ostentatious tiaras in the bank. :)

It would be deeply sad if this were to be the case -

'Those tiaras are very uncomfortable and take a lot of fussing with to look decent; I think most women will prefer to wear other jewels and leave the ostentatious tiaras in the bank.'

since they represent part of our history, and have been worn by Royal women of considerable importance to us { if not to Americans !}

OH GOSH Osipi I hope those days NEVER pass and I could be wrong again here but I doubt that ... part of the past old fashioned well I guess these days if one chews with their mouth closer it is considered to be old fashioned so I am just don't know what to say ... but I disagree with you ...

OH GOSH Osipi I hope those days NEVER pass and I could be wrong again here but I doubt that ... part of the past old fashioned well I guess these days if one chews with their mouth closer it is considered to be old fashioned so I am just don't know what to say ... but I disagree with you ...

Personally I'd like to see a return to the more formal and elegance of times gone by but the world changes. Growing up in the 50s and 60s, it was unheard of to attend a church service without being dressed "properly" with dress, hat and gloves. In fact, my mother had her own rule that one never wears a new dress until its been worn to church on Sunday. I think today its almost anything goes as far as what one wears to a church service.

There will always be state banquets and the openings of parliament but I do feel that dressing up to "the nines" has slowly faded away.

:previous:
Sadly I agree, dressing to the nines have faded away for the British royal family but not for the other European royals though. The Swedish, Danish, Dutch, Spanish and Norwegian Royals pretty much make sure they won't let dressing to the nines fade away. I think they have managed to keep their regalia events relivent today and fresh.

Things could change under Prince Charles though. He likes regalia events and he pretty much made sure Camilla stand out at State Banquets.

Back
Top Bottom