Duchess of Cambridge: Future Tiaras and Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As for attending the State Opening of Parliament. It used to be a big royal turn out and now the attendence is just down to The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh..

I think it also has to do with the pressure Parliament put on the royal household to contain costs. Why get out all the party pieces if a lot of the people at the party will just snub the effort?

I actually think the royals that's not willing to bust out the big guns everynow and then loses its impact a bit. I think the foreign royals are making it known that they still remain effective even with their jewels on.

I think (with The Queen's permission) The Duchess of Cambridge can search through the royal vaults, find some pieces that interest her and make some of them fit her unique taste and style. It wouldn't hurt to see her wear some brooches, parures or diamond hair pins.

I'm thinking Catherine may be going through what Crown Princess Mary went through when she first entered the royal family. Catherine may feel a bit overhwhelmed a bit with the new lifestyle and jewels she now have. It may take her a little time and courage to apply the jewels into her wardrobe. I actually like she is taking her late mother-in-law's jewels and making them her own.

I'm just hoping she will explore the vaults more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it also has to do with the pressure Parliament put on the royal household to contain costs. Why get out all the party pieces if a lot of the people at the party will just snub the effort?

I think that's one of the main problems the British royals now face. They get bullied a lot and I don't think they deserve it.

I think with the sliming down of the royal family to just the Queen & Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Henry. I think the Parliament and people would give the royals some breathing room and allow them to bring some of that gilttering magic back.

I'm thinking Catherine may be going through what Crown Princess Mary went through when she first entered the royal family.

IMO, Mary couldn't wait to get her hands on the jewels haha. (Aren't there photos of Mary in a tiara before she was even married?) Although I would like to see Catherine wear some jewellery, the Duchess sees no need to show lots of bling in order to impress. The BRF is 'the big league' and Catherine is known worldwide, so I suppose HRH doesn't need to constantly prove she is a princess. My opinion of course.

In fact Mary was given the ruby parure on the pre-evening events of her marriage by HM Queen Margrethe so it was not her decision to wear it. But apparently you really can't stand her can you ?!

In fact Mary was given the ruby parure on the pre-evening events of her marriage by HM Queen Margrethe so it was not her decision to wear it. But apparently you really can't stand her can you ?!
I have no ides what you're going on about. My comment was on the Duchess of Cambridge's jewellery.

Last edited:
Duke-of-Earl said:
IMO, Mary couldn't wait to get her hands on the jewels haha. (Aren't there photos of Mary in a tiara before she was even married.

Maybe this helps.

It's true Mary wore the ruby parure before her marriage. I think she wore it to the pre-wedding dinner. What I was getting at is that Mary took the tiara and jewels and changed it a bit to fir her particular style and taste.

I don't think Catherine need to prove anything but as she is HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, married to the second in-line to the throne and is a senior member of the royal family, it would be nice to see her in the jewels that goes along with her status. That's all I'm saying. I'm sure when Catherine attends a State Dinner or Banquet, we will find out if the Queen have given her The Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II, which is an honour that has been given out to Anne, Camilla, Sophie, Duchess of Gloucester, Kent and Princess Alexandra. It's a pretty nice badge with diamonds.

It'll be nice to see Catherine wear the jewels that help represent her status.

I Like when HRH wears a simple necklace. I'd like to see her wear the one with the cross again. It is 'plain' but beautiful.

I think the Cambridge Emeralds are nice, also some of the jewels that belonged to the late Queen Mother, Queen Mary, etc. You know something that stands out and have some interesting history behind it.

The Duchess of Cambridge wearing the Cambridge Emeralds would be amazing haha! :D Aren't there Cambridge Diamonds as well?

I believe the other royals stopped attending after the reform of the House of Lords which dropped the hereditary peers as members. Charles (Duke of Cornwall), Richard (Duke of Gloucester) and Edward (Duke of Kent) no longer have seats in the House of Lords so no need for them or other royals to be in attendance.

I do not feel Catherine will be remembered for her jewels yet.

I believe the other royals stopped attending after the reform of the House of Lords which dropped the hereditary peers as members. Charles (Duke of Cornwall), Richard (Duke of Gloucester) and Edward (Duke of Kent) no longer have seats in the House of Lords so no need for them or other royals to be in attendance.

I think that's a shame that happened.

I do not feel Catherine will be remembered for her jewels yet.

Why should she be remembered for jewels that aren't hers? Of all the things to be remembered for, jewels aren't high on the list.

I have to agree with Duke-of-Earl, I find non-princesses wearing tiaras before their actual marriage to a royal a tad odd.

If nothing else, Kate's building up the anticipation for her first tiara event. I think it speaks well of her that she hasn't dived head first into the significant jewel stash that she has available to her (William's share of Diana's jewels would be a considerable collection on its own). Some people like to imply that Kate married William for the status and the wealth; if that were the case, I think we'd have seen her in a heck of a lot more precious jewels than we have so far.

The Duchess of Cambridge wearing the Cambridge Emeralds would be amazing haha! :D Aren't there Cambridge Diamonds as well?

There may be Cambridge Diamonds as well. I'm not expert on that though.

There is time, and Catherine is young. The jewelry will come later. However, I think Camilla will blow the dust off of several large pieces and wear them. She will wear more as Queen Consort than the Queen wore through out her reign. Let's not forget, the Queen lived through the aftermath of WW2 where less was expected. Camilla lived through the 70's and 80's where more was more. I think Charles will want to see her in them.

I don't know why people keep saying that Catherine is young. She's at the age now where it's the best time for her to wear some jewels.

I think the DELHI EMERALD PARURE would look great on Catherine. She has a very elegant long neck and I think she could carry off parures very well. I like the neclace she wore to the Millies Awards too. I think Catherine could also make the Teck Rose and Crescent Tiara her own too.

I'm just judging by the fact she wore a tiara to her wedding that haven't been seen in public in decades, she could wear more pieces that haven't been seen in decades.

That crescent tiara is one I really dislike. It can stay in the vaults, as far as I am concerned, historical provenance or not. Queen Mary had lots of other beautiful things to choose from, including some bandeaux, since Kate seems to like 'small and unobtrusive' when it comes to jewelry.

This necklace, on the other hand, the gift of the Sultan of Oman to Diana during the 1986 tour, would IMO be a perfect one for Kate.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrlfj7K9Hf1qidgdg.jpg

Since this was gifted during a tour, does this go into the royal stash, instead of being considered Diana's personal property? What about her wedding gifts? Any of the fabulous sapphires she was given at that time would be logical to go with the earrings of Diana's Kate was already given.

Did William and Harry really only get one jewelry item each of their mother's? ( the engagement ring and Tank watch)

The Teck Rose and Crescent tiara is currently in the possesion of HRH The Duchess of Cornwall, although she has not been seen in public wearing it.
Since there are very few white tie and tiara events in the UK, save for state visits and the annual diplomatic reception, I think the Halo is good enough for Catherine for the time being. Maybe after they move to KP and start being regular attendees at these events it would be time to loan her another tiara, but the Halo seems in keeping with her status as the wife of the Queens grandson and with her own minimalistic taste in clothes and jewels.

I'm think some of the jewels Diana had recieved from foreign Heads of State are in the royal vaults. Then I could be wrong. I think the things of Diana's estate has gone to her sons and for their wives.

...I think the Halo is good enough for Catherine for the time being.
I think the Halo Tiara is on loan to Catherine for now on but I think their are other tiara's and jewels The Queen will loan to Catherine as well. I just mentioned the Teck Jewels because we don't see much of them in use so much. I know some say The Duchess of Cornwall has the Teck Rose and Crescent Tiara's but that don't mean they won't be given to Catherine to use from time to time. Camilla seems to be very interested in the other tiara's and jewels that The late Queen Mother wore more frequently.

I guess we just have to wait until the Cambridges start attending some of the State Banquets, the the annual Diplomatic Corps Receptions, and foreign State events to see Catherine use some of the jewels that's coming her way.

I do think the Teck Jewels would work perfect for Catherine though.

T...I think the Halo is good enough for Catherine for the time being.
I agree. It is a beautiful piece and it does fit her very well.

I'm think some of the jewels Diana had recieved from foreign Heads of State are in the royal vaults. Then I could be wrong. I think the things of Diana's estate has gone to her sons and for their wives.

All of Diana's jewels were her personal property and do not belong to the Crown. The two royal pieces she received as wedding gifts, the Lover's Knot Tiara and the Cambridge Emerald Choker, belonged to The Queen and returned to the vault after Diana's death.

:previous:

Agreed and I think an official portrait and a tiara event or two will help Catherine to look like a princess in the eyes of some who think she isn't 'royal' looking. (Daily Mail comment section)

I may just be getting impatient, but I wonder if Catherine will ever wear a tiara. She and William seem to want to exhibit a very approachable, down-to-earth image. I am just wondering when she has an occasion to wear a tiara if she will actually do it. It will be so disappointing if she does not and a waste of a lot of beautiful jewelry.

Catherine is the wife of a male-line grandson right now, albeit the eldest son of the heir, so she has less occasion to wear jewels since she is not expected to attend every state dinner at this point. Once she becomes the wife of the heir, she will do so.

Well she will definitely wear one if protocol demands it - I'm thinking of event such as the Royal wedding last weekend - all the European royalty in attendance wore tiaras as would Kate had she attended. We just have to wait.

Does anyone know if the Double Meander Tiara was loaned exclusively to the Princess Royal? I've only seen one blurry image of her wearing it. If not, I think that this would be a fine and suitable tiara for the Duchess of Cambridge. Perhaps a bit heavy but with the proper updo and a hairpiece it would be exquisite. Princess Mary of Denmark has a similar design and style aesthetic as Catherine and she has been known to wear some substantial pieces. ) here is the blurry picture with Princess Anne.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom