Duchess of Cambridge: Future Tiaras and Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: You are absolutely correct. It is extremely unlikely that we will ever see Catherine in the Spencer tiara - in fact, I would go so far as to say that we will never see her in the Spencer tiara.

:previous: You are absolutely correct. It is extremely unlikely that we will ever see Catherine in the Spencer tiara - in fact, I would go so far as to say that we will never see her in the Spencer tiara.
I agree. The tiara was not even available for Princess Diana later in her life so the chance that the Duchess will wear it, even if it was made available to her, is most likely not happening.

The Spencer Tiara belongs to the Spencer family...As Kate isn't a Spencer either by birth or marriage I see little chance of her ever wearing it.
Yes I know Dear it Belongs to Spencer Family , But I wrote I would to see here in , because it’s one of Tiaras on The article Or on The Link , That our Friend here in TRF posted , That’s all , and Because I Love Spencer Tiara design and late Princess Diana she has worn it in her wedding and in some officially occasions ,,,, That’s why would to see kate with . :flowers: anyway Thank you for The Info Dear

Last edited by a moderator:
I want Kate to wear a piece that hasn't been seen in decades. Maybe something from Alexandra or Mary's collections? Mary was quite the magpie in terms of collecting pretty jewelry so surely there's something in the BRF vault that fits that bill. :)

I wonder when Kate's next tiara appearance will be? Hopefully soon.

I wonder when Kate's next tiara appearance will be? Hopefully soon.

I doubt we'll see one soon, there's the possibility of the Luxembourg wedding but somehow I doubt that. We probably won't see a tiara until Charles is King.

With the slow down on the part of the D of E I think we will start to see W and K start to pick up more of the slack.

Princesses have to wear tiaras; it's in the job description (as voted for by us royal watchers) :whistling:

However the British so wear them less often than the other royals.

Sadly it's looking like Queen Mary's generosity to the younger members of her family and the confirmation of the fate of various pieces in The Queen's Diamonds means that we're going to have to face the reality that there are few more tiaras in the vaults than what we currently see in rotation on the Queen's head!

Princesses have to wear tiaras; it's in the job description (as voted for by us royal watchers) :whistling:
Would somebody please tell Her Majesty? She is the big boss, she can order the dress code for festitivities. And what did we get for her jubilee? Sigh.

Tilia C. said:
Would somebody please tell Her Majesty? She is the big boss, she can order the dress code for festitivities. And what did we get for her jubilee? Sigh.

Sorry but Her Majesty is doing things according to the state of her country, she's a very clever woman who understands when to play the royal card and when not to.
We see tiaras on state occasion, of which we haven't had any this year for

Just read an article on hello's site by Judy Wade about the upcoming royal tour of Singapore, Malaysia, Solomons Islands and Tuvulu. I didn't have much in just that Kate would have to change clothes alot and deal with different conditions such as heat, insects, etc. I did mention a little bit about the tour details such as a state dinner. I haven't seen St James release a schedule of their events for the tour yet. Jamie Lowter Pinkerton is probably busy right now with the naked Harry mess.

I know Harry had a state dinner in Jamaica on his tour. One on William & Kate's tour would be not a surprise. Both the Solomons & Tuvulu are commonwealth realms (the Queen is their Queen too).

So for a state dinner, will Kate break out a tiara for the dinner ? If so, which one - the Halo again ? How about the Cambridge Tiara?

I would love to see her in that sapphire tiara of QEII.

:previous: I don't think this is the appropriate thread for this discussion, but I'll just say that I hope we don't see the Cambridge Lovers' Knot Tiara on Catherine for a while. It's too closely associated with the late Diana, Princess of Wales, and I can just see the comparisons all over the place if she were to bring it out now, or in the near future. Maybe in a couple of decades.

Last edited:
My guess would be black tie dinners sans tiaras since both are rather small and impoverished nations.

I have never heard that QE2 looked like Queen Mary. Everyone knows what the choices are as far as tiaras. Poor country or not, they have a certain expectation of the royals looking royal. Like the QM said, "You would wear your best if you came to see me."

So for a state dinner, will Kate break out a tiara for the dinner ? If so, which one - the Halo again ? How about the Cambridge Tiara?

Don't think so. Not even Camilla wears a tiara for black tie State Dinners abroad like in Denmark and Norway earlier this year. So i don't expect Catherine to wear one.

I would love to see her in that sapphire tiara of QEII.

So would I, but I suspect it might have to wait till Catherine is Queen. We will probably see it on Camilla before that.

:previous: I don't think this is the appropriate thread for this discussion, but I'll just say that I hope we don't see the Cambridge Lovers' Knot Tiara on Catherine for a while. It's too closely associated with the late Diana, Princess of Wales, and I can just see the comparisons all over the place if she were to bring it out now, or in the near future. Maybe in a couple of decades.

I agree, but mostly because I think that tiara is overrated:whistling:

I can't say I'm a fan of the sapphire tiara. If it were up to me, it'd be dismantled and re-assembled in a completely new design. It just doesn't work as it is IMO.

I can't say I'm a fan of the sapphire tiara. If it were up to me, it'd be dismantled and re-assembled in a completely new design. It just doesn't work as it is IMO.

This is my opinion on all the tiaras QEII has commissioned.

Is it possible she would wear one to a state occasion on the Southeast Asia tour?

Is it possible she would wear one to a state occasion on the Southeast Asia tour?

No, I don't think so. It's not a state visit, as far as I know. Plus, I think William and Kate prefer to keep things a bit more relaxed than stipulating that dinners should be tiara occasions. Charles and Camilla do the same when they make visits abroad.

RoyalMess said:
I agree, but mostly because I think that tiara is overrated:whistling:

That too. Sure, it's a pretty piece of jewelry, but there are other tiaras that are available.

Womp womp! I guess I'll keep my expectations low, and just be surprised if she whips one out :)

A 'state' dinner is where heads of state greet heads of state. As William is not yet King, this is not a state dinner. There will be a banquet on their visit similar to the ones Charles and Camilla have enjoyed.

Back
Top Bottom