Duchess of Cambridge: Future Tiaras and Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
of course you are right - my mistake... I was thinking it was tied to the POW, but as it is the Duchy of Cornwall's estates it must be tied to the Duke of Cornwall title. thanks for catching that.

I like to see her adorned in some significant vault pieces as Duchess of Cambridge. Of course, the Cambridge emeralds. With her hair swept up, she would look fabulous in the tiara pieces. Also some of Queen Alexandra's pieces which have not been seen for along time. The Rundell tiara, Dagmar necklace (not sure if still in collection). Also her pearl parure. Hope to see her wear more of Queen Mary's smaller tiaras and dress ornaments.

Also some of Queen Alexandra's pieces which have not been seen for along time. The Rundell tiara, Dagmar necklace (not sure if still in collection).

The Dagmar necklace does still exist. HM has not worn it in some time but the last time it was worn without the cross and the two large pearl pendants.

I like to see her adorned in some significant vault pieces as Duchess of Cambridge. Of course, the Cambridge emeralds. With her hair swept up, she would look fabulous in the tiara pieces. Also some of Queen Alexandra's pieces which have not been seen for along time. The Rundell tiara, Dagmar necklace (not sure if still in collection). Also her pearl parure. Hope to see her wear more of Queen Mary's smaller tiaras and dress ornaments.

The Rundell, unfortunately, is no longer with the BRF. Queen Alexandra left it to her daughter, who subsequently sold it. This was only confirmed in the recently published book on the Queen's diamonds.

i loved 2 c kate in the Queen Mary stomachers that would make my heart flutter:blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see her in the Dutchess of Cambridge jewels. She should be allowed to wear them now. Emeralds look great on brunettes.

:previous: She'll have to wait for those rocks! Camilla will no doubt wear them in due course. And rightly so.

But it goes so nicely with The Cambridge title!

I am not saying she should have exclusive rights to them, but if she has some big even, she should be allowed. I gave my wife an emerald cut emerald surrounded by diamonds as her engagement ring, I like them. Larger stones are pricier than diamonds.

While it's nice to speculate as to what Catherine's future tiara's and jewellery may be, we might as well get used to the idea that if it isn't a "Command Performance" she's not going to wear any significant pieces and probably very few "real" pieces. That seems to be her preference. :sad:

We poor jewelaholics are just going to have to get used to it and hope that after her first "Command Performance" she gets to like the look and feel of the real deal! :lol:

Hope springs eternal that once she's let loose in the royal vault, no one can keep her from piling on the goodies!:D

The Rundell, unfortunately, is no longer with the BRF. Queen Alexandra left it to her daughter, who subsequently sold it. This was only confirmed in the recently published book on the Queen's diamonds.

Could you clue me in on the book about the Queen's diamonds? I haven't seen anything significant since "The Queen's Jewels" by Leslie Fields, and "The Royal Jewels" by Suzi Menkes quite a few years ago.

Also, has the Duchess of Cambridge worn a tiara since her wedding? I have been given to understand that Kate likes a clean and simple look, but please let that not mean she doesn't like to wear jewels - significant jewels, I mean.

Could you clue me in on the book about the Queen's diamonds? I haven't seen anything significant since "The Queen's Jewels" by Leslie Fields, and "The Royal Jewels" by Suzi Menkes quite a few years ago.

The Queen's Diamonds: Amazon.co.uk: Hugh Roberts: Books

Also, has the Duchess of Cambridge worn a tiara since her wedding? I have been given to understand that Kate likes a clean and simple look, but please let that not mean she doesn't like to wear jewels - significant jewels, I mean.

She has not, and there has been no occasion for her to wear one.

Since there is not that much white tie affaris anymore maybe she could wear the halo tiara like a necklace with the wedding earrings to a black tie event. And in the future when she starts to go to more white tie events I would like to see a fringe tiara on her head and a necklace of big old collet diamonds, they sure have some of thoose to chose from in the collection

I think Kate could bring new additions to the royal collection. Maybe a peridot parure. I've never seen the peridot represented in the collection before.

IMO, the Teck Crescent tiara, currently in Camilla's possession, will probably work quite well for Catherine. Any thoughts?

I think the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara will work well for Catherine.

I think the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara will work well for Catherine.

Could do, but I think it is unlikley she will get to use it for some time, possibly till she is Queen herself. I think the tiara is so closely associated with HM that after her, it may "rest" for some time.

I would love to see the Teck Crescent as a tiara on Kate, but I think that's a piece sometime in the future for her.

I agree - I think the tiara events are diminishing somewhat. And W&K seem to be avoiding those types of formal occaisons on their visits (we'll see on the upcoming malaysia tour). However, a nice compromise may be repurposing some of the brooches/bracelets etc as hair jewelry. She has a gorgrous head of hair with a lovely color that would set off the bling nicely.

When Charles becomes King, Catherine and William will be involved more heavily with state events and visits abroad, we'll see a tiara more than once a year then I imagine.

With the DoE declining in health, I don't think we will have to wait until QEII to die for W and K to start taking on some of the workload.

True; I suspect Phillip's health will determine whether William reenlists or not!

Indeed, and by life's irony, it is about that calendar time for W....

i agree with Mirabel, there where less formal occasions where one may wear a tiara; most of this occasions are dying out.

I think a nice tiara :wub:for Kate would be the Strathmore Rose Tiara.

I would love to see the Teck Crescent as a tiara on Kate, but I think that's a piece sometime in the future for her.
But according to "The Queen's Diamonds" it is on loan to Camilla who has not worn it yet. So i don't think we will see Kate wear it soon.

The Spencer Tiara belongs to the Spencer family and that is not the family into which Kate has married - she has married into the Royal family, which has heaps of tiaras for her to wear without having to borrow the tiara that is usually only worn by the Countess Spencer and the daughters of the Spencer family when they marry - and their new family should be providing them with a tiara to wear.

As Kate isn't a Spencer either by birth or marriage I see little chance of her ever wearing it.

Back
Top Bottom