Duchess of Cambridge: Future Tiaras and Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Surely out of the royal jewel vault Kate will chose something simple but pretty or something similar to the halo tiara.

Grandduchess24 said:
Surely out of the royal jewel vault Kate will chose something simple but pretty or something similar to the halo tiara.

The sapphire bandeau tiara Princess Margaret used to wear would be a truly inspired choice for Kate- it's smaller than many of the tiaras in the collection and probably lighter, and it would show off that engagement ring so well- and look great in her dark hair.

I honestly hope the scroll isn't a long term tiara for her- there are so many lovely tiaras that don't get worn and so few tiara events- it would be a treat to see some of the ones we haven't seen in awhile come out for the Jubilee

:previous:Amen to that statement! I'm absolutely in a dither to see what stunners will come out of that vault to grace Kate's head and hope the Scroll tiara isn't the only one "assigned" to her.

The sapphire bandeau tiara Princess Margaret used to wear would be a truly inspired choice for Kate- it's smaller than many of the tiaras in the collection and probably lighter, and it would show off that engagement ring so well- and look great in her dark hair.

Should a certain Duchess have the use of a certain late mother in-laws pearl choker with diamond encrusted sapphire brooch, then I think 'we'd' be in business.

The Russian sapphire tiara, said choker with brooch and sapphire earrings would be quite the sight. And an engagement ring to top it off!

Last edited:
Madame Royale said:
Should a certain Duchess have the use of a certain late mother in-laws pearl choker with diamond encrusted sapphire brooch, then I think 'we'd' be in business.

The Russian sapphire tiara, the said chocker with brooch and sapphire earrings would be quite the sight. Oh, and an engagement ring to top it off!

!!! Would make for a very happy jubilee and a lovely present to those of us who appreciate some sparkle. We can dream!

I would be absolutely speechless if Kate stepped it up and appeared with those aforementioned jewels! That pearl and sapphire pearl choker has got to be my favorite piece of said MIL's jewels, and I'd absolutely love to see it adorn Kate's neck. That is, if Harry hasn't inherited it, but if so can't Will always borrow it from his little brother for Kate?:whistling:

Last edited:
:previous: I would be stunned if Catherine appears wearing anything other than the Halo Scroll next year. After all, she has had not one single opportunity, nor indeed need, to wear a tiara as yet.

And, to be honest, until she gets her "tiara hair" sorted, anything else would be a total waste of time. Let's see if she can ace that one before we start showering her in goodies.

:previous: I would be stunned if Catherine appears wearing anything other than the Halo Scroll next year. After all, she has had not one single opportunity, nor indeed need, to wear a tiara as yet.

And, to be honest, until she gets her "tiara hair" sorted, anything else would be a total waste of time. Let's see if she can ace that one before we start showering her in goodies.

If the 2002 jubilee were to be a guide, there will be no tiara events related to the jubilee celebrations next year.

Unfortunately it’s been ages since the BRF had any tiara events at home, apart from state visits. And I don’t see them returning to the old days of splendour in this times of financial crisis. I fear that it will be a long wait, till we see Kate wearing a tiara again.:sad:

Whilst my guess is that Kate will appear in the Cartier Halo tiara when the time comes and possibly much later in the Loversknot tiara, it is good to see that the BRF, in the current economic times, are also "cutting back" so to speak.

Last edited:

Yes, eventually there should be planned sightings of the Halo tiara since Kate's wedding earrings were designed with its motif in mind so I'm sure that will be her main tiara to wear for now. The question is: when? And she definitely needs to experiment with her hairdresser for proper tiara hair to do that piece justice.

Last edited:
Now that there are possible tiaras for the duchess of Cambridge suggested in the forumn ...now what are her choices for necklaces to go with the tiaras....hmm

Yes, eventually there should be planned sightings of the Halo tiara since Kate's wedding earrings were designed with its motif in mind so I'm sure that will be her main tiara to wear for now. The question is: when? And she definitely needs to experiment with her hairdresser for proper tiara hair to do that piece justice.
Sooner or later the Cambridges will start to attend state banquetts. Maybe when Charles will be King? Or maybe even before, when William stops working as a pilot and they become full-time royals. And I also think that the Cambridges will, in a couple of years, start to attend gala occasions abroad. Maybe they will start with weddings of their own generation: Guillaume of Luxemburg, Madeleine or Carl Philip?

The annual Diplomatic Corps Reception at Buckingham Palace is a full-on tiara event. It's usually held in November but I can't find details for 2011. In any case it's problematic as to whether the Duke and/or Duchess of Cambridge would attend this year.

^^^^
I thought the Diplomatic reception had already happened at the beginning of the month.

The annual Diplomatic Corps Reception at Buckingham Palace is a full-on tiara event. It's usually held in November but I can't find details for 2011. In any case it's problematic as to whether the Duke and/or Duchess of Cambridge would attend this year.
I forgot about it because one never gets to see pictures of it, I guess. It's really a shame.:sad:

^^^^
I thought the Diplomatic reception had already happened at the beginning of the month.
Quite correct :flowers:. The Court Circular shows it was last week, 8 November:

"The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh held an Evening Reception at Buckingham Palace for the Diplomatic Corps
at which The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Prince and Princess Michael of Kent were present."

A bit thin on the ground this year - no Waleses, no Wessexes, no Princess Royal, no Dukes of York or Kent, no Princess Alexandra...

Thanks. I can't see Catherine showing up in anything other than the Halo tiara for a number of years. There are not that many tiara events in the UK anyway, unlike in Scandinavia, so until William moves closer to the throne or she takes on a much larger public role I suspect the Halo will be it.

I was starting to wonder.... she wore the earings on her wedding day and never since (at least not that we know). It was a gift from her parents/family - so why shouldn't she use them without the tiara too???

I would be very surprised to see Catherine in the Lover's Knot. It is quite ornate for someone who clearly seems to prefer understatement.

I was starting to wonder.... she wore the earings on her wedding day and never since (at least not that we know). It was a gift from her parents/family - so why shouldn't she use them without the tiara too???

There's no reason why Kate wouldn't. Haven't the earrings been on display with her wedding gown? Perhaps now that the exhibition is over (or ending?), we'll hopefully see her wear those earrings now.

I can picture Kate in the Cambridge tiara when she is the Princess of Wales.Even though it is stunning,it will give her a headache!

Maybe she'll get her bridal tiara-the Cartier halo as the countess of Wessex uses her bridal tiara.

Yes, the Cambridge Lovers Knot tiara was given to Diana for use during her lifetime and was returned to the royal vault. Hopefully, we'll see it adorning Kate's head sometime in the future; although it's a likelihood, it's not a given.

Hopefully not! There are so many other beautiful things in the vaults for Catherine to choose from. As Duchess of Cambridge I hope she continues to use the Cartier Scroll Tiara.
The peice I would love to see her wear is the Ruby Necklace from the Greville collection that HM wore up to around the 1980's. It is so pretty & delicate.

Do we know, if she will attend any of diamond jubilee galas? (I think I read something about Friday?) This would be clearly an occasion. Sorry, if I have missed any earlier discussion.

countess felicitas said:
Do we know, if she will attend any of diamond jubilee galas? (I think I read something about Friday?) This would be clearly an occasion. Sorry, if I have missed any earlier discussion.

Catherine is down to attend the lunch at Windsor. But not the dinner in the evening, which I doubt will be a tiara affair anyway.

NGalitzine said:
Thanks. I can't see Catherine showing up in anything other than the Halo tiara for a number of years. There are not that many tiara events in the UK anyway, unlike in Scandinavia, so until William moves closer to the throne or she takes on a much larger public role I suspect the Halo will be it.

Maybe she'll get her bridal tiara-the Cartier halo as the countess of Wessex uses her bridal tiara.

I agree, I believe that Kate will wear the Halo tiara for a number of years, although the palace made a point of saying, on her wedding day, that the tiara was "on loan". Also as another poster here observed a few posts up, Kate likes understated and the Halo is understated. Besides, I believe there were very few criticisms of that tiara on her wedding day and, IMO Kate likes it. All compelling reasons to continue to wear it - at least for the foreseeable future.

Sophie wore her bridal tiara (which I don't like at all) - for a number of years and now she has an aquamarine tiara which suits her much better.

It seems that Princess Diana wore tiaras alot. Do you think that when Kate becomes Princess of Wales that she will wear them more?

There are fewer and fewer tiara events in the UK as time passes. Diana attended state dinners, which Catherine has yet to do, and very frequently state dinners are white tie and tiara events. I suppose as Catherine and William become full time working royals they would attend state dinners so she would have the opportunity to wear her halo tiara.

Last edited:
duchessrachel said:
It seems that Princess Diana wore tiaras alot. Do you think that when Kate becomes Princess of Wales that she will wear them more?

If she becomes Princess of Wales she'll be attending more state visits/events which involve tiara events. Diana, Princess of Wales not Princess Diana married the heir that's why we saw her in tiara's more often.

There are quite a lot of State Visits to the UK but not this year as the royals are going abroad. The only annual tiara event is the State Opening of Parliament, which only a few royals attend.

Back
Top Bottom