The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Hope springs eternal that once she's let loose in the royal vault, no one can keep her from piling on the goodies!

Old 07-07-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The Rundell, unfortunately, is no longer with the BRF. Queen Alexandra left it to her daughter, who subsequently sold it. This was only confirmed in the recently published book on the Queen's diamonds.
Could you clue me in on the book about the Queen's diamonds? I haven't seen anything significant since "The Queen's Jewels" by Leslie Fields, and "The Royal Jewels" by Suzi Menkes quite a few years ago.

Also, has the Duchess of Cambridge worn a tiara since her wedding? I have been given to understand that Kate likes a clean and simple look, but please let that not mean she doesn't like to wear jewels - significant jewels, I mean.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor View Post
Could you clue me in on the book about the Queen's diamonds? I haven't seen anything significant since "The Queen's Jewels" by Leslie Fields, and "The Royal Jewels" by Suzi Menkes quite a few years ago.
The Queen's Diamonds: Amazon.co.uk: Hugh Roberts: Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor View Post
Also, has the Duchess of Cambridge worn a tiara since her wedding? I have been given to understand that Kate likes a clean and simple look, but please let that not mean she doesn't like to wear jewels - significant jewels, I mean.
She has not, and there has been no occasion for her to wear one.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:07 AM
Gentry

Since there is not that much white tie affaris anymore maybe she could wear the halo tiara like a necklace with the wedding earrings to a black tie event. And in the future when she starts to go to more white tie events I would like to see a fringe tiara on her head and a necklace of big old collet diamonds, they sure have some of thoose to chose from in the collection
Old 07-25-2012, 08:40 PM

I think Kate could bring new additions to the royal collection. Maybe a peridot parure. I've never seen the peridot represented in the collection before.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:14 AM
Heir Apparent

IMO, the Teck Crescent tiara, currently in Camilla's possession, will probably work quite well for Catherine. Any thoughts?
Old 07-31-2012, 06:18 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara will work well for Catherine.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 07-31-2012, 06:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
I think the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara will work well for Catherine.
Could do, but I think it is unlikley she will get to use it for some time, possibly till she is Queen herself. I think the tiara is so closely associated with HM that after her, it may "rest" for some time.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I would love to see the Teck Crescent as a tiara on Kate, but I think that's a piece sometime in the future for her.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Majesty

Found this on my twitter page. Hope this is the right place for something like this:

Which Tiara Will Kate Debut? - The Royal Representative

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

She has not, and there has been no occasion for her to wear one.
I fear very formal occasions where one may wear a tiara are dying out.
It's too bad, but on the plus side, they are supposedly very uncomfortable, so perhaps it's for the best.

I suspect Kate won't need to wear a tiara above once a year, if that.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:49 PM
Courtier

I agree - I think the tiara events are diminishing somewhat. And W&K seem to be avoiding those types of formal occaisons on their visits (we'll see on the upcoming malaysia tour). However, a nice compromise may be repurposing some of the brooches/bracelets etc as hair jewelry. She has a gorgrous head of hair with a lovely color that would set off the bling nicely.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

When Charles becomes King, Catherine and William will be involved more heavily with state events and visits abroad, we'll see a tiara more than once a year then I imagine.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

With the DoE declining in health, I don't think we will have to wait until QEII to die for W and K to start taking on some of the workload.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

True; I suspect Phillip's health will determine whether William reenlists or not!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Indeed, and by life's irony, it is about that calendar time for W....
Old 08-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Commoner

i agree with Mirabel, there where less formal occasions where one may wear a tiara; most of this occasions are dying out.

I think a nice tiara for Kate would be the Strathmore Rose Tiara.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I would love to see the Teck Crescent as a tiara on Kate, but I think that's a piece sometime in the future for her.
But according to "The Queen's Diamonds" it is on loan to Camilla who has not worn it yet. So i don't think we will see Kate wear it soon.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 08-19-2012, 02:39 AM
Royal Highness

I would to see Duchess Of Cambridge with Spencer Tiara
Old 08-19-2012, 03:58 AM
Majesty

The Spencer Tiara belongs to the Spencer family and that is not the family into which Kate has married - she has married into the Royal family, which has heaps of tiaras for her to wear without having to borrow the tiara that is usually only worn by the Countess Spencer and the daughters of the Spencer family when they marry - and their new family should be providing them with a tiara to wear.

As Kate isn't a Spencer either by birth or marriage I see little chance of her ever wearing it.