The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Nobility

2. Duchess of Cornwall: the Boucheron Honeycomb?

Old 11-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Serene Highness

3. HM - The Oriental Circlet
4. HRH The Princess Royal - The Greek Meander Tiara
5. HRH The Countess of Wessex - The Aquamarine Modern Tiara

Old 11-05-2011, 05:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth wil give her tiara ? maybe princess diana tiara ?
Old 11-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Administrator

The discussion has veered well off track with nary a mention of the Duchess of Cambridge.
Most recent posts have been moved across to the Distribution of Jewels in the British Royal Family thread.

Warren

Royal Jewels moderator
Old 11-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
We'll see :) I can see her pulling out the lover's knot sooner than people think.
Yes, I can see that happening as well and hope it will make an appearance during the Jubilee for a formal occasion.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Yes, I can see that happening as well and hope it will make an appearance during the Jubilee for a formal occasion.
I honestly don't see HM making it available. I think that it has been "retired" and will not appear again until William becomes Prince of Wales.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda

I honestly don't see HM making it available. I think that it has been "retired" and will not appear again until William becomes Prince of Wales.
I don't believe she'd make it available to anyone else, but I can see her choosing to make it available to Kate. Especially if her grandson would be happy about it.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:34 AM
Commoner

A nice summary of some of the British tiaras...perhaps we'll see some on Kate. British Royal Family’s Tiara Collection ~ Part One « The Royal Post
Old 11-15-2011, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHLondon View Post
A nice summary of some of the British tiaras...perhaps we'll see some on Kate. British Royal Family’s Tiara Collection ~ Part One « The Royal Post
This site should be treated with caution.
It includes a photoshop of the Duchess of Cornwall wearing the Grand Duchess Vladimir tiara and states "In recent years, the Duchess of Cornwall has been seen in the tiara, so it may have been lent on an ongoing basis to the Duchess for her use" which obviously has no truth to it whatsoever.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well other than the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara....the other one that goes nicely with the title is the GD Vladimir with the Cambridge Emeralds....but I qont see QE giving it up any time soon!
Old 11-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Serene Highness

Surely out of the royal jewel vault Kate will chose something simple but pretty or something similar to the halo tiara.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandduchess24
Surely out of the royal jewel vault Kate will chose something simple but pretty or something similar to the halo tiara.
The sapphire bandeau tiara Princess Margaret used to wear would be a truly inspired choice for Kate- it's smaller than many of the tiaras in the collection and probably lighter, and it would show off that engagement ring so well- and look great in her dark hair.

I honestly hope the scroll isn't a long term tiara for her- there are so many lovely tiaras that don't get worn and so few tiara events- it would be a treat to see some of the ones we haven't seen in awhile come out for the Jubilee
Old 11-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Amen to that statement! I'm absolutely in a dither to see what stunners will come out of that vault to grace Kate's head and hope the Scroll tiara isn't the only one "assigned" to her.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
The sapphire bandeau tiara Princess Margaret used to wear would be a truly inspired choice for Kate- it's smaller than many of the tiaras in the collection and probably lighter, and it would show off that engagement ring so well- and look great in her dark hair.
Should a certain Duchess have the use of a certain late mother in-laws pearl choker with diamond encrusted sapphire brooch, then I think 'we'd' be in business.

The Russian sapphire tiara, said choker with brooch and sapphire earrings would be quite the sight. And an engagement ring to top it off!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale

Should a certain Duchess have the use of a certain late mother in-laws pearl choker with diamond encrusted sapphire brooch, then I think 'we'd' be in business.

The Russian sapphire tiara, the said chocker with brooch and sapphire earrings would be quite the sight. Oh, and an engagement ring to top it off!
!!! Would make for a very happy jubilee and a lovely present to those of us who appreciate some sparkle. We can dream!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I would be absolutely speechless if Kate stepped it up and appeared with those aforementioned jewels! That pearl and sapphire pearl choker has got to be my favorite piece of said MIL's jewels, and I'd absolutely love to see it adorn Kate's neck. That is, if Harry hasn't inherited it, but if so can't Will always borrow it from his little brother for Kate?
Old 11-16-2011, 01:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I would be stunned if Catherine appears wearing anything other than the Halo Scroll next year. After all, she has had not one single opportunity, nor indeed need, to wear a tiara as yet.

And, to be honest, until she gets her "tiara hair" sorted, anything else would be a total waste of time. Let's see if she can ace that one before we start showering her in goodies.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I would be stunned if Catherine appears wearing anything other than the Halo Scroll next year. After all, she has had not one single opportunity, nor indeed need, to wear a tiara as yet.

And, to be honest, until she gets her "tiara hair" sorted, anything else would be a total waste of time. Let's see if she can ace that one before we start showering her in goodies.
If the 2002 jubilee were to be a guide, there will be no tiara events related to the jubilee celebrations next year.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:17 AM
Serene Highness

Unfortunately it’s been ages since the BRF had any tiara events at home, apart from state visits. And I don’t see them returning to the old days of splendour in this times of financial crisis. I fear that it will be a long wait, till we see Kate wearing a tiara again.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Courtier

Whilst my guess is that Kate will appear in the Cartier Halo tiara when the time comes and possibly much later in the Loversknot tiara, it is good to see that the BRF, in the current economic times, are also "cutting back" so to speak.