The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-21-2017, 07:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I wish Kat wouldn't have to wear any of Diana's jewelry. There are already too many people who bring up Diana in everything Kate does or wears and it would be nice if she not have to wear her things. William gave Kate the ring as an expression of love towards the 2 most important women in his life; but media and internet fandom just want to focus on the St. Diana thing.
I don't think she has to wear anything. I think she choses to, because it means a great deal to Diana's son and perhaps to her. This I don't know. But Kate is powerful enough to wear what she wants. They don't have to beg pennies. And whether you like Diana or not, it is her sons that wish to carry on their mother's legacy.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent

If I had my MIL's jewelry I'd be honored to wear it....I like the is history and sentiment that comes with wearing family pieces. I have a couple of 100 (or more) year old rings from a great aunt that came down thru my mother. One of them I never take off, once the other is repaired it will be never taken off either...and passed down to my children.

Personally I think it's nice that Kate is able to wear Diana's personal jewelry (I think this is only the second time we've seen known pieces worn). If I am still alive I will think it very sweet if Charlotte wears it or George's wife wears it.

LaRae

Old 07-22-2017, 03:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I suspect we will see Camilla wear pearl and diamond demi-parure before we see Catherine in it. QEQM used it a lot, and I am sure Charles would like to see his darling wife in it.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:52 AM
Majesty

Quite like to see Catherine wear the full diamo5d and emerald demi parure, some of which we saw her wear in NY a few years ago.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Quite like to see Catherine wear the full diamo5d and emerald demi parure, some of which we saw her wear in NY a few years ago.
I would live to see it too.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-31-2017, 01:03 AM
Majesty

Would love if she wore Camilla jewels in someday. Like these

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Duchess of Cornwall's Saudi Emerald Demi-Parure

The Greville Festoon Necklace | The Court Jeweller
Old 10-15-2017, 10:21 AM
Gentry

If it still exists, I would love to see her in the Greville Emerald Tiara. It would look lovely with her green eyes.

http://www.tiara-mania.com/2017/04/g...ald-tiara.html.
Old 10-15-2017, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

I'm really curious, if this tiara still exists. It's hard to believe that it would have stayed in the vaults for such a long time. But I agree that it would look lovely on the Duchess.

Old 10-15-2017, 03:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I'm really curious, if this tiara still exists. It's hard to believe that it would have stayed in the vaults for such a long time. But I agree that it would look lovely on the Duchess.
There are many tiaras and other jewels in the vaults that haven’t seen the light of day in decades. I think some pieces may be be in need of repair, polished or modernized.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-15-2017, 03:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Would love to see that on any of the ladies in the BRF.

LaRae
Old 10-15-2017, 04:40 PM
Majesty

If it still exists, I would actually love to see it on Meghan instead. Especially if rumors are true about an emerald ring. It would be like Sophie when she was given the five aquamarine, given an older tiara but not a hugely historical one.

Kate IMO will stick with the lovers knott until she is queen. May see the halo come out as well. I do hope we see the lotus return either on her or on Meghan. Its a beautiful tiara and I don't want it disappearing in the vaults.

Tags
british jewels, duchess of cambridge jewellery