The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-25-2016, 10:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Hidden British Royal Tiaras | The Court Jeweller

Would love to see Catherine wear some of these tiaras. It's too bad we have not seen these in years.
I agree. Hopefully when Charles is king, Kate and Sophie and Camilla make it a day of "shopping in the vaults" and dig up some treasures, like Maxima seemed to do.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:35 AM
Majesty

It would be great to see Camilla use the turquoise parure used previously by Margaret.

Old 02-25-2016, 10:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think Catherine is showing an interest in the family heirlooms. She just might start digging even deeper into the royal vaults.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-25-2016, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Meh...there's only a couple I would want to see her wear. Some of them are pretty..unattractive.

LaRae
Old 02-25-2016, 12:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I agree. Hopefully when Charles is king, Kate and Sophie and Camilla make it a day of "shopping in the vaults" and dig up some treasures, like Maxima seemed to do.
I've wondered if when Charles is King if he will be more liberal with the jewel distribution than his mother, I hope so.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:12 PM
Heir Apparent

There aren't really many opportunities to wear jewels nowadays. I think when the occasion arises he will allow older pieces to be brought out but the days of swanning around in tiaras is over in Britain

The only silver lining is Charles may allow more pictures at things like state banquets

Catherine has worn 3 different tiaras so far, so there is hope
Old 02-25-2016, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

There are only three UK tiara events-2 inbound state visits and diplomatic reception each year. Any outbound visits wouldn't be State Visits until William is King so no tiaras until then. If the commonwealth keeps the British monarch as head, there would be another tiara event during the dinner at CHOMG

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-25-2016, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

There is always also the possibility when Charles is king, Kate and Will will get sent to events that the Wessexes currently are sent to like weddings an such. Sophie certainly gets to break out the tiara more than other British royal ladies.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:16 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
There is always also the possibility when Charles is king, Kate and Will will get sent to events that the Wessexes currently are sent to like weddings an such. Sophie certainly gets to break out the tiara more than other British royal ladies.
Well it seems most ,if not all, of the big euro royal weddings where tiaras are worn have already happened so there is a drought in that area for at least another 15 years.

I think Charles will be open handed with the jewels to Camilla, Catherine and Harry's wife but I don't see Sophie getting access to another tiara.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyT View Post
Well it seems most ,if not all, of the big euro royal weddings where tiaras are worn have already happened so there is a drought in that area for at least another 15 years.

I think Charles will be open handed with the jewels to Camilla, Catherine and Harry's wife but I don't see Sophie getting access to another tiara.
Agree with you on both points. Most of the royal weddings of the generation are done, and the next ones are probably at least 15 years away.

I agree, Charles will be very liberal with Camilla and the wives of his sons in relation to using royal jewels, though that largesse will probably not extend to Sophie . Imo, Sophie already has quite an extensive jewel collection relative to her position in the family.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Catherine has already worn three different tiaras to only four events. That is pretty singular in the BRF, afaik. I don't think that she will debut more tiaras until Charles ascends to the throne. It will be interesting to see what she'll wear as Princess of Wales. But imo that would be some of the tiaras that are currently reserved to the Queen. The fringe and the girls would look heavenly on her, imo. And these two might not be the best in Camilla's hairstyle, so that Camilla might gladly leave them to Catherine.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

I really don't think it's about waiting for Charles to come to the throne. Right now, Catherine is exploring the family jewels and The Queen is giving her the freedom to do so. Of course, there are more jewels that will naturally come her way as Queen. Many thought she wouldnt get her hands on the Lovers Knot until she was Princess of Wales or even Queen, or wouldn't bother touching it at all.

It's all about her growing confidence as a senior royal. It takes time, but she knows she's the thrid lady of the land and it's her place to wear these jewels.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-29-2016, 12:50 PM
Courtier

I am hoping someone in the family would save Queen Victoria's sapphire coronet and make it available for Catherine. I think it would suit her well.

I absolutely hate the idea of this coronet leaving the country and disappearing inside some collector's vault.

Queen Victoria wedding coronet could leave UK unless British buyer is found | Home News | News | The Independent
Old 08-29-2016, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it would look stunning on Kate..along with some of her other sapphires as an ensemble.

LaRae
Old 08-29-2016, 03:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I think it would look stunning on Kate..along with some of her other sapphires as an ensemble.

LaRae
I agree - lets hope it gets saved. i expect it to be either an anonymous gift to the monarchy or a museum.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:03 PM
Majesty

If the Duchess attends the Diplomatic reception this year again, I would love if she wore the Lovers Knot tiara again. Or better yet, a tiara she has never wore before like the Persian Turquoise tiara or the Teck Moon tiara,
Old 08-30-2016, 03:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
If the Duchess attends the Diplomatic reception this year again, I would love if she wore the Lovers Knot tiara again. Or better yet, a tiara she has never wore before like the Persian Turquoise tiara or the Teck Moon tiara,
She do seem to be interested in playing around with tiaras. The Teck Cresent or Persian Turquoise are tiaras I think she can pull off. Dust them off and wear them.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-30-2016, 04:14 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think the Teck Crescent tiara would suit Kate well. Not sure about the Persian Turquoise one. I'm not sure that would appeal to Kate at all.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-30-2016, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Not a fan of that Persian Turquoise tiara.

Let's see her in the Oriental Circlet or the Teck....or if she can pry it out of the hands of her mother in law I want to see her in the Delhi Durbar tiara.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I think we will see Kate in the Deli but not until POW. It is too associated with Camilla but when Charles is king, Camilla will have her MIL's big gun tiaras. I can see Kate wearing the Deli for her 1st tiara event as POW (likely coronation) as Camilla wore it to hers. I do think the lovers knot will be her main go to even then but the lotus will upgrade to the deli or others.

Tags
british jewels, duchess of cambridge jewellery