The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Heir Apparent

For those wondering where the last picture came from, it originally came from here but you need a password to see the rest of the set Paul Burns Photography Bristol Studio Family Portraits London Business and Corporate Events Photography

Old 10-29-2011, 03:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate's gown looks more like a slate blue in this photo. I like the color better here.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Serene Highness

What a great picture that is of her on the stairs. Kate looks so regal.

What I love just as much though, is seeing the Standard of The Bowes-Lyon Family/Earls of Strathmore hanging there in the foyer. Clarence House may now be the London Residence of The Prince of Wales, but it's nice to see Charles has a few things around still to show it was his Grandmother's first. :o)
Old 10-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, thank you for identifying whose standard that was; that really caught my eye. It looked so imposing hanging from the head of the stairs and I thought it had an antique look to it. Here's a good view of it:

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/130...DAA346DF062DB4
Old 10-29-2011, 10:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Oh, thank you for identifying whose standard that was; that really caught my eye. It looked so imposing hanging from the head of the stairs and I thought it had an antique look to it. Here's a good view of it:

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/130...DAA346DF062DB4
Thank you for the link. That's a better picture of the standard.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder when we'll see Kate in a tiara again. I can't think of any engagements to which she'd wear one right now. I don't expect to see her at the State Opening of Parliament for quite awhile, and she and William aren't likely to attend evening occasions of State in the UK. Even if she and William attended a formal dinner during a tour, would it be considered tiara-worthy given that William's neither a monarch nor next in line for the throne.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat View Post
There are so many tiaras in the royal collection that I am sure if a tiara was called for Catherine would have worn one.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:26 AM
Nobility

Fllowing this link and you leard with the dates the others events set up in Clarence house in the two coming months. One diner for Sentebale on December, maybe Harry, William and Kate ?
Paul Burns Photography Bristol Studio Family Portraits London Business and Corporate Events Photography
Old 10-30-2011, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

It would certainly be nice to see the trio at the charity dinner for Sentebale, but unfortunately that won't be a tiara event. I have a feeling it'll be awhile before we see Kate at an appropriate occasion where she'll wear one, not unless there's a state dinner coming up where she and William will attend.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

We're probably looking at any Jubilee celebration dinners next year for a tiara appearance.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope you're correct; I was thinking that there might be some gala banquets for the Jubilee that will call for tiaras.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I hope you're correct; I was thinking that there might be some gala banquets for the Jubilee that will call for tiaras.
Oh, the pictures from those will be to die for, even if Catherine doesn't attend. it's always nice to see the Royals decked out in their finery.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I really hope Will and Kate attend at least some of the festivities; it's such an important celebration for the Queen. But, oh, well, I'll be happy to see the other royals all bedecked in their best.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I really hope Will and Kate attend at least some of the festivities; it's such an important celebration for the Queen. But, oh, well, I'll be happy to see the other royals all bedecked in their best.
I certainly cannot see them not attending the Jubilee next year, it would be a tragedy.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I can't see them not attending, either, since I would think they'd consider the Jubilee as much a family celebration as well as a national one. I just wonder, though, how much of the events Will and Kate will attend; I certainly hope they go to at least some of the formal dinners. We can only wait and see (and hope for a tiara sighting!).
Old 10-30-2011, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm sure that they will. And there will be at least one tiara engagement for Kate.

Quote:
I really hope Will and Kate attend at least some of the festivities; it's such an important celebration for the Queen.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'd like to see Kate wearing a tiara.

Is it likely she'll wear one on the visit to Denmark?
Old 10-30-2011, 08:25 PM
Heir Apparent

As I understand it, this is a visit to see a UNICEF facility. Unless there's a very formal banquet, I don't think we'll see a tiara; and William and Catherine seem to like to keep things informal.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
We're probably looking at any Jubilee celebration dinners next year for a tiara appearance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I'm sure that they will. And there will be at least one tiara engagement for Kate.
If the 2002 Jubilee is a guide, then there will be no tiara events for the 2012 Jubilee. Whilst we are all looking forward to seeing Catherine in a tiara again, I think it will be some time before we actually do get an opportunity for this.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:13 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
If the 2002 Jubilee is a guide
Bigger Jubilee, bigger events IMO.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Bigger Jubilee, bigger events IMO.