The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #521  
Old 09-30-2014, 02:13 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,063
a tiara definitely! Possible with and updo thanks :-)
__________________

__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
Reply With Quote
  #522  
Old 09-30-2014, 02:24 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 7,011
It is just a question of time. Each minute brings the Duchess of Cambridge closer to the moment that she will be Queen and have access to the bulk of the royal jewels. All Catherine needs to do is to wait.

__________________

Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old 09-30-2014, 03:05 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,191
For the jewels that only Queen's and Queen Consorts wear, yes, Catherine will have to wait for that. She do have access to some major pieces though. It's all down to her willing to wear them and she have already played around with a few jewels.

I'm wondering if she and William will attend the Singapore State Visit next month. If so, she'll be wearing a tiara. The next tiara event after that is the Royal Reception for the Diplomatic Corps at Buckingham Palace. She and William attended last year.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Old 09-30-2014, 03:27 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
For the jewels that only Queen's and Queen Consorts wear, yes, Catherine will have to wait for that. She do have access to some major pieces though. It's all down to her willing to wear them and she have already played around with a few jewels.

I'm wondering if she and William will attend the Singapore State Visit next month. If so, she'll be wearing a tiara. The next tiara event after that is the Royal Reception for the Diplomatic Corps at Buckingham Palace. She and William attended last year.
Access to what additional major pieces?

Access to royal jewels is within the Queen's gift - not on demand. She already has 1, poss 2 tiaras and a major necklace; and chandelier earrings (think that's the correct term) plus the engagement ring.

We have no info at all on access to more of Diana's personal jewellery and can't assume that she will get any of it.

I dont think its about her willingness to wear major pieces - we dont know if she has any over and above that whcih we have seen already.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Old 09-30-2014, 03:49 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,184
Lets not forget that beautiful diamond bracelet that her father-in-law gave her too. So far, I think that's my favorite piece that she wears.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #526  
Old 09-30-2014, 03:58 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Lets not forget that beautiful diamond bracelet that her father-in-law gave her too. So far, I think that's my favorite piece that she wears.
that's her's - not from the royal vaults. I like it as well. I'm first in line she gets bored with it - probably after she gets her hands on Queen Victoria's bracelet

Edit

http://queensjewelvault.blogspot.co....-bracelet.html

I have a great pic of it from "The Queen's Diamonds" by Hugh Roberts.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #527  
Old 09-30-2014, 04:13 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It would be nice to see Catherine wear a choker, quite like Camilla does. I know they are not fashionable at the moment, but she could kick off a trend.
How about a collar - Queen Mary's "Love TRophy Collar"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...WIVtassels.jpg
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old 09-30-2014, 04:57 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Access to what additional major pieces?

Access to royal jewels is within the Queen's gift - not on demand. She already has 1, poss 2 tiaras and a major necklace; and chandelier earrings (think that's the correct term) plus the engagement ring.

We have no info at all on access to more of Diana's personal jewellery and can't assume that she will get any of it.

I dont think its about her willingness to wear major pieces - we dont know if she has any over and above that whcih we have seen already.
I do think she have access to her mother-in-laws jewels that was left to William & Harry. Although, I wasn't talking about those jewels. I was stating that Catherine have access to some jewels the Queen has loaned her. I think the Queen is always willing to loan out some jewels to Catherine, Camilla and Sophie, if they are willing to ask and seek.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #529  
Old 09-30-2014, 06:12 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,333
I wonder though does she even known what all jewels possessed by the Queen? There are known pieces of course but I can imagine there are a number that are not commonly seen.



LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #530  
Old 09-30-2014, 07:29 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I wonder though does she even known what all jewels possessed by the Queen? There are known pieces of course but I can imagine there are a number that are not commonly seen.


LaRae
Given that she is a minimalist when it comes to jewelry, she probably doesn't know which of the Queen's jewels she is able to borrow.

That is one of the differences between me and her: that would have been one of my first questions-I would have been humble, of course.
Reply With Quote
  #531  
Old 09-30-2014, 09:04 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: katonah, United States
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
She will need to be Queen before she gets to wear the Oriental Circlet.
^Why? Is there some rule I am not aware of (as is certainly possible)?
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old 09-30-2014, 09:32 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,892
It's not a real rule, but there are certain unwritten rules- jewelry associated with Queens that has never been seen on a more junior member of the family. That's one such piece.

No reason she couldn't wear it, it's just highly unlikely based on precedent


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old 09-30-2014, 10:11 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,229
Catherine has a nice neck for a choker. Lots of length there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It would be nice to see Catherine wear a choker, quite like Camilla does. I know they are not fashionable at the moment, but she could kick off a trend.
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old 09-30-2014, 10:15 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,753
I'd actually love to see her wear the halo scroll with a fabulous opdo. We never got a decent view of it at her wedding as on the way up the aisle it was lost on top of the heavy ivory silk tulle and covered by the blusher and, on the way back down ,it was framed against a double layer with veil's blusher. A virtual whiteout. Now to see it nestled on some lovely dark coils or curls . . .that would be worth seeing.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old 09-30-2014, 10:30 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I'd actually love to see her wear the halo scroll with a fabulous opdo. We never got a decent view of it at her wedding as on the way up the aisle it was lost on top of the heavy ivory silk tulle and covered by the blusher and, on the way back down ,it was framed against a double layer with veil's blusher. A virtual whiteout. Now to see it nestled on some lovely dark coils or curls . . .that would be worth seeing.

Agreed totally- would be fabulous to see it put to good use. The veil did obscure the view of it and it hasn't been put to good use since Margaret


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old 09-30-2014, 11:09 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,191
It would be great to actually see Catherine in a more regal light. The British royals like to play down their regal attire these days. Back in the day, they used to show their glamours side more than they do today. There used to be official portraits released of them in their tiara's, order's and military gear. Also, pictures of them attending State Banquets were published. Now it's all pretty much a watered down approach to these things.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old 09-30-2014, 11:44 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It would be great to actually see Catherine in a more regal light. The British royals like to play down their regal attire these days. Back in the day, they used to show their glamours side more than they do today. There used to be official portraits released of them in their tiara's, order's and military gear. Also, pictures of them attending State Banquets were published. Now it's all pretty much a watered down approach to these things.
I think its a more watered down atmosphere in a lot of places other than just the royals. Back in the day, a lady would never dream of going to church in pants let alone without hat, gloves and purse. I kind of miss the dressier occasions where one would wear their "Sunday best" rather than dress for a casual dinner out with the family.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old 10-01-2014, 02:53 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 7,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
Given that she is a minimalist when it comes to jewelry, she probably doesn't know which of the Queen's jewels she is able to borrow.

That is one of the differences between me and her: that would have been one of my first questions-I would have been humble, of course.
There are two things required: a large collection of jewels and genuine interest in these. After all: when there is an interest but there is no collection, then we are soon finished, of course...

Queen Elizabeth, the Duchess of Cornwall and Queen Máxima of the Netherlands come to mind as ladies with access to a large collection ánd with a genuine interest in these, not only for evening- but also for day wear. Also willing to 'play' with these and be inventive. This is not (yet) the case with the Duchess of Cambridge. She seldom or rarely "spices up" with a nice brooch or something. But she is young and when her role changes, when her husband becomes the Duke of Cornwall, Prince of Wales eventually, she will possibly go a level higher in formality.

Reply With Quote
  #539  
Old 10-01-2014, 02:57 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere, United States
Posts: 1,013
Oh I so agree with you, I remember going to church in black patent leather shoes, white socks, white gloves and a hat, my grandmother made sure I was dressed like a lady, now days, the things I see at church, you would see in a nightclub........grrrrrr, when will girls dress like ladies again is not something I see in the distant future.
Reply With Quote
  #540  
Old 10-01-2014, 04:35 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
^Why? Is there some rule I am not aware of (as is certainly possible)?
The Oriental Circlet was one of the items left to the Crown, and has only been worn by Queens (regnant, consorts and dowagers) since.

I am sure there is no issue if a senior royal lady did use it with the consent of the monarch, but it does not appear to have been done so far.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
british jewels, duchess of cambridge jewellery


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
beatrice (1986- ) best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia italy iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein line monarchy myth news november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince nicholas prince oscar princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess sofia eveningwear princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania daytime fashion queen rania in australia queen silvia romanov state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear victoria what ifs



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:32 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises