The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I'm encouraged by the fact that she's worn two different tiaras in her two tiara appearances! Maybe she'll surprise us and be one who enjoys playing in the vaults.

It would be in keeping with her interest in art history and design.

I'll keep my finders crossed.
Unfortunately I think that she will probably revert to the Halo Scroll when it is returned in March 2014. I don't know about you, but I thought the Halo didn't look well set against the white of her rather heavy veil. It sort of got lost and merged into the white of the veil.

I would love to see her wearing a really elegant updo with the Halo and her matching wedding earrings. It would be the first time we got a really good look at how lovely it really look against her glorious brunette hair.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I totally agree 100 percent with you, Marg. The Halo tiara is very delicate and got lost against the white of her opaque veil which did not do justice to it. If she experiments with some good tiara hairstyles when the time comes to start wearing more tiaras, the effect will be stunning, I'm sure.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Unfortunately I think that she will probably revert to the Halo Scroll when it is returned in March 2014. I don't know about you, but I thought the Halo didn't look well set against the white of her rather heavy veil. It sort of got lost and merged into the white of the veil.

I would love to see her wearing a really elegant updo with the Halo and her matching wedding earrings. It would be the first time we got a really good look at how lovely it really look against her glorious brunette hair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I totally agree 100 percent with you, Marg. The Halo tiara is very delicate and got lost against the white of her opaque veil which did not do justice to it. If she experiments with some good tiara hairstyles when the time comes to start wearing more tiaras, the effect will be stunning, I'm sure.
I agree, the Halo may look better with an updo than it did at the wedding. The requirements of the wedding day surely restricted what Catherine could have dobne with her hair.

Catherine has recently started to experiment with her hair, so I am sure she will get there when it comes to getting her hair right for the tiaras she will no doubt wear in time to come. She is lucky as there are a number of European princesses whose experiences she can draw on.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post

Well MARG, with any luck she won't be wearing that veil again any time soon!
Old 01-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Perish the thought!
Old 01-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

It would be very nice to see Catherine use the Greville ruby necklace
Old 01-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^^Agree, but the hair must not compete.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I agree, the Halo may look better with an updo than it did at the wedding. The requirements of the wedding day surely restricted what Catherine could have dobne with her hair.

Catherine has recently started to experiment with her hair, so I am sure she will get there when it comes to getting her hair right for the tiaras she will no doubt wear in time to come. She is lucky as there are a number of European princesses whose experiences she can draw on.
I don't know it what way there were restrictions on her wedding hair choices.IMO she should have worn a lovely up do to show off the beautiful lace on the dress but she chose to wear it down (as usual) and that was her choice.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
I don't know it what way there were restrictions on her wedding hair choices.IMO she should have worn a lovely up do to show off the beautiful lace on the dress but she chose to wear it down (as usual) and that was her choice.
The primary wedding day considerations that I had in mind included accommodating the veil, tiara and having a hairstyle that will last the full day
Old 01-24-2014, 08:30 PM
Serene Highness

How would Catherine look wearing the Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara with Pearls?
How would Catherine look wearing the Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara with the Cambridge Emeralds?