Duchess of Cambridge: Future Tiaras and Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not only that Baroness but "which" tiara. I remember the gasps when Camilla wore that enormous tiara (slipped my mind what it is called for the moment) but it was eye popping, just as, in its day the Poltimore was. Catherine, and excuse me saying this, she has a fairly large head so IMHO she needs something big.

She looks like a true Princess here. Regal and poised. The only thing that would have made the picture more spectacular is a tiara. Bravo, Your Highness :flowers:.

I am so ready for her to start wearing tiaras. I guess we will probably have to wait until she and William are carrying out full time royal duties.:bang:

Princess of Durham said:
Twelve, twenty four, thirty six, hours advance notice ... does it really make THAT much difference. She was there, she looked beautiful, people were apparently thrilled that she stood in for Prince Charles. I don't see the reason for complaints or accusations that anyone thought she had made a miracle. That's a bit over the top IMHO. She was there, she did a good job. End of story, I don't understand why people cannot be pleased about that.

I couldn't agree more'

Not only that Baroness but "which" tiara. I remember the gasps when Camilla wore that enormous tiara (slipped my mind what it is called for the moment) but it was eye popping, just as, in its day the Poltimore was. Catherine, and excuse me saying this, she has a fairly large head so IMHO she needs something big.

I think you might be referring to the gasp-worthy Grenville tiara, and Camilla has also worn the equally astounding Durbar one as well. But those are reserved, I believe, for the Duchess of Cornwall so we wouldn't be see Kate wearing those for a very long time. We can only hope that we'll see Kate wearing the lovely Lover's Knot tiara which would suit her beautifully. I think that would sit quite well on the circumference of her head! :lol:

We can only hope that we'll see Kate wearing the lovely Lover's Knot tiara which would suit her beautifully. I think that would sit quite well on the circumference of her head! :lol:
I agree Baroness. :lol:

I think you might be referring to the gasp-worthy Grenville tiara, and Camilla has also worn the equally astounding Durbar one as well. But those are reserved, I believe, for the Duchess of Cornwall so we wouldn't be see Kate wearing those for a very long time. We can only hope that we'll see Kate wearing the lovely Lover's Knot tiara which would suit her beautifully. I think that would sit quite well on the circumference of her head! :lol:

She would look gorgeous in the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara. That's one of my favorite pieces. What are the other tiaras you're referring to? Don't think I've ever seen them.

I'm surprised that Camilla could even stand up under all that bling in the second picture. :lol:

Slinks away to "on topic".

Kate's gown looks more like a slate blue in this photo. I like the color better here.

What a great picture that is of her on the stairs. Kate looks so regal.

What I love just as much though, is seeing the Standard of The Bowes-Lyon Family/Earls of Strathmore hanging there in the foyer. Clarence House may now be the London Residence of The Prince of Wales, but it's nice to see Charles has a few things around still to show it was his Grandmother's first. :eek:)

I wonder when we'll see Kate in a tiara again. I can't think of any engagements to which she'd wear one right now. I don't expect to see her at the State Opening of Parliament for quite awhile, and she and William aren't likely to attend evening occasions of State in the UK. Even if she and William attended a formal dinner during a tour, would it be considered tiara-worthy given that William's neither a monarch nor next in line for the throne.?

There are so many tiaras in the royal collection that I am sure if a tiara was called for Catherine would have worn one.

It would certainly be nice to see the trio at the charity dinner for Sentebale, but unfortunately that won't be a tiara event. I have a feeling it'll be awhile before we see Kate at an appropriate occasion where she'll wear one, not unless there's a state dinner coming up where she and William will attend.

Last edited:
We're probably looking at any Jubilee celebration dinners next year for a tiara appearance.

:previous:I hope you're correct; I was thinking that there might be some gala banquets for the Jubilee that will call for tiaras.

:previous:I hope you're correct; I was thinking that there might be some gala banquets for the Jubilee that will call for tiaras.

Oh, the pictures from those will be to die for, even if Catherine doesn't attend. it's always nice to see the Royals decked out in their finery.

I really hope Will and Kate attend at least some of the festivities; it's such an important celebration for the Queen. But, oh, well, I'll be happy to see the other royals all bedecked in their best.:lol:

I really hope Will and Kate attend at least some of the festivities; it's such an important celebration for the Queen. But, oh, well, I'll be happy to see the other royals all bedecked in their best.:lol:

I certainly cannot see them not attending the Jubilee next year, it would be a tragedy.

:previous:I can't see them not attending, either, since I would think they'd consider the Jubilee as much a family celebration as well as a national one. I just wonder, though, how much of the events Will and Kate will attend; I certainly hope they go to at least some of the formal dinners. We can only wait and see (and hope for a tiara sighting!).

Last edited:
I'd like to see Kate wearing a tiara.

Is it likely she'll wear one on the visit to Denmark?

:previous: As I understand it, this is a visit to see a UNICEF facility. Unless there's a very formal banquet, I don't think we'll see a tiara; and William and Catherine seem to like to keep things informal.

We're probably looking at any Jubilee celebration dinners next year for a tiara appearance.

I'm sure that they will. And there will be at least one tiara engagement for Kate.

If the 2002 Jubilee is a guide, then there will be no tiara events for the 2012 Jubilee. Whilst we are all looking forward to seeing Catherine in a tiara again, I think it will be some time before we actually do get an opportunity for this.

Back
Top Bottom