Distribution of Jewels in the British Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: I think that is the one of the gems my Mom mentioned. At least I remember her mentioning that Diana wore it on her neck and Camila as a broach.

And here it is:
Is Camilla, Duchess Of Cornwall, Wearing Princess Diana's Pendant? (PHOTOS, POLL)

And then there is the tiara:
On camilla
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/527061962611974634/
On Diana
Royal Wedding: Kate Middelton and Prince William clash with Charles and Camilla over tiaras | Daily Mail Online

:previous: It certainly looks like she wore the same tiara at least. And I am seeing it in a lot of Diana's official portraits over the years!

Tacky really, considering how many others are available for use.

The picture of Camilla in the Cambridge Lovers Knot tiara is just a photoshop. The picture used is from the ones released to mark Camilla's 60th birthday, and were taken at Highgrove. This was the first time she wore the collet necklace that was formerly used by QEQM. Camilla has NEVER publicly worn the Lovers Knot tiara.

Last edited:
[/URL]

But it's a different PoW feathers brooch. I think there were a few of them.

I don't think there's any chance Camilla would ever wear the same piece of jewellery that Diana wore.

I've read that there are three separate ones.

I think that is one of the nicest photographs I have ever seen of PC and DOC together.

[/URL]

But it's a different PoW feathers brooch. I think there were a few of them.

I don't think there's any chance Camilla would ever wear the same piece of jewellery that Diana wore.

Whether the same or different - in my mind it does not matter. Once you are married to the POW - you get to wear that brooch. It's part of the gig. Just like wearing regimental badges - it is part of the job.

I loved Diana, but I would be the first to say that had she lived and been publicly possessive of the jewels that she could no longer wear, that I would call that petty. You can't hang with Mother Teresa and worry for the poor and then demand that anything of value that you wore be locked in a vault in your memory. It's laughable.
And that 2011 DM article made me laugh a lot. As if the woman with the scuffed heels who wore wheat to her wedding could have cared if Kate wore flowers. And as if flowers and a tiara have never been used together. But that was what the DM was peddling back then. :whistling:

D.O.C also has her own family tiaria, as I understand it that she wore on her first wedding day and has worn recently.

To be back on the tracks, i find utterly sad, if not disturbing, that a part of the public could believe this VERY BAD potoshop. I presume it's a reassuring proof that, for them, Camilla is indeed the consumate and insensitive b... they had always imagined.

Last edited:
I believe that as a rule the current DOC tries not to wear any further jewellery closely associated with Diana, Princess of Wales. There was also much speculation as I remember it at the time of their marriage regarding her title and how it was legally possible for her have a Wales title but it was believed that The Cornwall one was a more, em, tactful fit. Her engagement ring is one of the late Queen Mothers, she has worn a tiaria closely associated with her so I suspect there may be more treasures coming from that direction? I also like her modern dragon fly brooches.

:previous: I think that is the one of the gems my Mom mentioned. At least I remember her mentioning that Diana wore it on her neck and Camila as a broach.

And here it is:
Is Camilla, Duchess Of Cornwall, Wearing Princess Diana's Pendant? (PHOTOS, POLL)

And then there is the tiara:
On camilla
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/527061962611974634/
On Diana
Royal Wedding: Kate Middelton and Prince William clash with Charles and Camilla over tiaras | Daily Mail Online
There are other such photoshops out there and they are done and posted with the aim of causing dissent. The motives are vile although I have to admit I find it difficult to understand how anyone could think it was real. The same applies to other photoshops;

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/95/c0/46/95c046a8ef403c3820b2b29ee7cf9d28.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/comtessede/7c.jpg

But this is my favourite photoshop;

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/comtessede/mm.jpg

But since this is the only occasion that Camilla has worn the Delhi Durbar tiara, I have to wonder if it was a one time loan'

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00604/news-graphics-2005-_604193a.jpg

Last edited:
The picture of Camilla in the Cambridge Lovers Knot tiara is just a photoshop. The picture used is from the ones released to mark Camilla's 60th birthday, and were taken at Highgrove. This was the first time she wore the collet necklace that was formerly used by QEQM. Camilla has NEVER publicly worn the Lovers Knot tiara.

Oh! Thanks Muriel, I will tell my mother. That will keep her heart rate at a more acceptable level. ;)

How embarrassing, I totally fell for it! I misjudged Cammy.:sad:

That picture is photoshopped from A to Z. And a bad photoshop even.

:whistling:

Hmm...this whole tread is bad...bad taste,intended to throw unmentioned substances to a wonderfull Lady and her wairing a gem or not...Really!
Rags time,or ragtime,anyway,below the belt..Taste is a wonderfull thing when one has it,no taste is a nuisance when one elaborates over nada and nada again intended to do the above only...the wairing of a whopper or two by HRH The Duchess...What a laugh,seriously.

Last edited:
:previous: Actually Lucien, you're absolutely right. This thread does always seem to end up discussing the size and merit of particular jewels and who is deemed fit or not to wear them.

And then there are the photoshops that are created for no other reason than to cause further aggravation.

It seems like 3 tiara's per person is the current distribution.

Anne
Meander
Aquamarine
Festoon

Sophie
Wedding tiara
Aquamarine necklace
Five Aquamarine

Camilla
Cubitt-Shand
Honeycomb
Delhi Durbar

Catherine
Halo
Lotus
Lover's Knot

And which three is Harry's wife likely to receive?

Unless there is another tiara that has not been seen for decades, then I believe that the jewelers will create another tiara like they did for Sophie or that Charles might purchase one for Harry's wife.

It seems like 3 tiara's per person is the current distribution.

Anne
Meander
Aquamarine
Festoon

Sophie
Wedding tiara
Aquamarine necklace
Five Aquamarine

Camilla
Cubitt-Shand
Honeycomb
Delhi Durbar

Catherine
Halo
Lotus
Lover's Knot

anne has the queen mother double Meander bandeau also ansd camilla has the ruby and diamond necklace/tiara that belonged to Alice Keppel and also the The Teck Crescent Tiara

There are several tiaras that haven't been seen in a while:

Teck Circle Tiara
Teck Crescent Tiara
Strathmore Rose Tiara
Persian Turquoise Tiara
Sapphire Bandeau

Unless there is another tiara that has not been seen for decades, then I believe that the jewelers will create another tiara like they did for Sophie or that Charles might purchase one for Harry's wife.

Actually there are several tiaras that are not in the current rotation. Of the top of my head:
Strathmore rose
A couple of fringes that haven’t been worn in years
The sapphire bandeau
The diamond meander only seen once on Anne
Possibly the turquoise tiara from Princess Margaret
… and I’m sure I’m forgetting something.

there is at least a couple of fringe necklace/tiara , the queen mother Strathmore Rose bandeau , the sapphire bandeau that princess margaret used to wear .

I bet there's a number of tiara's 'on ice' in the royal vaults...plenty for Harry's wife.

LaRae

Yes, but of Royal provenance? Sophie also has access to others, including the five aquamarine.

There may be also be a necklace in diamonds and sapphires that was left by Diana that could be made into a tiara. We know so little about what particular pieces Diana left in her estate that were of any great value really, apart from THE ring and the Cartier watch.

:previous: Sophie didn't have access to the others fir a few years.

There is also no saying the halo and lotus are reserved for Kate. Unlike the Greek key, they have only been loaned. And worn once.

There are certainly tiaras as mentioned above not used. Or even necklaces in the vaults that can be converted. Possibly the button tiara Sophie wore in Denmark which is hinted to be a piece from Princess Alice.

The diamond ones would be lovely as smaller delicate tiaras but I would love to see the loop.

Camilla when she is queen, some of those she currently wears (ones not from her family) likely will be open to Kate to wear. It would free up the lotus and halo. It's also possible, knowing Zara doesn't have a royal life, Anne may return her tiaras to the family coiffers when she dies.

Is there some kind of overview post with all tiara's of the BRF including their status (in whose possession and/or loan)?

Back
Top Bottom