Teck Crescent Tiara
Strathmore Rose Tiara
Persian Turquoise Tiara
Sapphire Bandeau

Old 04-24-2017, 10:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Unless there is another tiara that has not been seen for decades, then I believe that the jewelers will create another tiara like they did for Sophie or that Charles might purchase one for Harry's wife.
Actually there are several tiaras that are not in the current rotation. Of the top of my head:
Strathmore rose
A couple of fringes that haven’t been worn in years
The sapphire bandeau
The diamond meander only seen once on Anne
Possibly the turquoise tiara from Princess Margaret
… and I’m sure I’m forgetting something.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Unless there is another tiara that has not been seen for decades, then I believe that the jewelers will create another tiara like they did for Sophie or that Charles might purchase one for Harry's wife.
there is at least a couple of fringe necklace/tiara , the queen mother Strathmore Rose bandeau , the sapphire bandeau that princess margaret used to wear .
Old 04-24-2017, 10:28 PM
Majesty

I bet there's a number of tiara's 'on ice' in the royal vaults...plenty for Harry's wife.

LaRae
Old 04-24-2017, 10:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes, but of Royal provenance? Sophie also has access to others, including the five aquamarine.

There may be also be a necklace in diamonds and sapphires that was left by Diana that could be made into a tiara. We know so little about what particular pieces Diana left in her estate that were of any great value really, apart from THE ring and the Cartier watch.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:52 AM
Majesty

Sophie didn't have access to the others fir a few years.

There is also no saying the halo and lotus are reserved for Kate. Unlike the Greek key, they have only been loaned. And worn once.

There are certainly tiaras as mentioned above not used. Or even necklaces in the vaults that can be converted. Possibly the button tiara Sophie wore in Denmark which is hinted to be a piece from Princess Alice.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:55 AM
Courtier

there is also some necklaces that would look great on a tiara frame like this ones :

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Dubai Looped Sapphire Demi-Parure

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Godman Necklace

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The King Khalid Diamond Necklace

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The King Faisal Diamond Necklace
Old 04-25-2017, 01:09 AM
Majesty

The diamond ones would be lovely as smaller delicate tiaras but I would love to see the loop.

Camilla when she is queen, some of those she currently wears (ones not from her family) likely will be open to Kate to wear. It would free up the lotus and halo. It's also possible, knowing Zara doesn't have a royal life, Anne may return her tiaras to the family coiffers when she dies.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:14 PM
Courtier

Is there some kind of overview post with all tiara's of the BRF including their status (in whose possession and/or loan)?
Old 10-05-2017, 04:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Is there some kind of overview post with all tiara's of the BRF including their status (in whose possession and/or loan)?
From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: TIARAS & CROWNS

Hidden British Royal Tiaras | The Court Jeweller
Old 10-05-2017, 04:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Just work your way through the jewellery threads as well as the Order of Splendor blogpost site
Old 10-05-2017, 04:23 PM
Majesty

More British Royal Tiaras - The Tudors Wiki

The British Royal Family's jewellery collection | Now To Love

Is the Ears of Wheat Tiara still around?

LaRae
Old 10-05-2017, 04:43 PM
Majesty

In QEII time she rarely lent any jewelry however, with Catherine she seems to be using the Collection in mu h the same way asthe Swede's. She gave Sarah and Sophie tiaras as wedding presents. Neither had any BRF provenance nor significance. Sarah received a rather attractive floral and Sophie the infamous 'Mickey Mouse ears!

Gifting significant jewelry is the quickest way to decimate a 'Royal Collection'. Princess Margaret's purchased wedding tiara, the Poltimore, went under the hammer after her death as her children has no use for it. Imagine that happening to the Halo!
Old 10-05-2017, 04:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Gifting significant jewelry is the quickest way to decimate a 'Royal Collection'. Princess Margaret's purchased wedding tiara, the Poltimore, went under the hammer after her death as her children has no use for it. Imagine that happening to the Halo!
Much as I liked the Poltimore and would have liked to see it in use, the tiara actually did not have much royal provenance. So from a historical perspective, its not really a great loss to the BRF.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Just work your way through the jewellery threads as well as the Order of Splendor blogpost site
I was trying to avoid exactly that

I've read many of the Order of Splendor posts (and several other pages discussing various tiaras) and it's an excellent resource but I was hoping that someone far more knowledgeable than I had made the type of overview I was looking for; but it seems that an overview with my specific request doesn't exist... If it does, I'd love to hear about it.

But thanks for answering!
Old 10-05-2017, 07:01 PM
Courtier

Thanks! Especially the first is a great start. Am I correct in assuming that there are other tiaras in use by the BRF that are not part of the Queen's vault and therefore not included in this overview?
Old 10-05-2017, 07:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Thanks! Especially the first is a great start. Am I correct in assuming that there are other tiaras in use by the BRF that are not part of the Queen's vault and therefore not included in this overview?
The Tudor link (in my second set of links) has a ton of info too!

Correct in that link, you are talking about, it doesn't have everything.

LaRae
Old 10-05-2017, 08:40 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Much as I liked the Poltimore and would have liked to see it in use, the tiara actually did not have much royal provenance. So from a historical perspective, its not really a great loss to the BRF.
That is my point. Jewelry owned by the Monarchs sister was of no real use to her children and was sold. If Margaret had been gifted historically significant jewels they would have have been lost to the main line of the BRF or just plain lost the same way as those gifted by Queen Mary were.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I was just reading the biography of King George VI last night and when Princess Victoria (King George V's favourite sister) died in very early 1936 Queen Mary was left to distribute her dead sister in law's jewellery, including presumably tiaras. She remarked to a family member that she was sharing them equally between her sons' wives (York, Gloucester and Kent) but not giving anything to the new King Edward, as he would probably pass them on to Mrs Simpson! Ironic, isn't it?
Old 10-05-2017, 09:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
That is my point. Jewelry owned by the Monarchs sister was of no real use to her children and was sold. If Margaret had been gifted historically significant jewels they would have have been lost to the main line of the BRF or just plain lost the same way as those gifted by Queen Mary were.
The Poltimore was sold to meet death duties and as previous poster said, unlikely to be used by her family. But I think if she had held significant royal pieces, with BRF history then HMQ might have stepped in.

What is worrying is that the same scenario will eventually happen with the Gloucesters and Kents and they do have significant royal pieces. I think more will be lost if HMQ or Charles doesn't step in

Q Mary gifted instead of "lent" - great pity

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,

Tags
british royal family, jewellery, tiaras